Android apps can run headless

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 08:23 PM
    Nem how long would it take you to code headless a while? If we all donated some would it be worth your time? To me that's the only thing missing from this app being perfect.

Posted via CB10
    [email protected] likes this.
    03-18-14 09:13 PM
    Really sorry guys. Hard to work for a project you know they won't support.
    Anybody else hear the collective air surging out of our sails when they read this?

I'm sorry that this seems to have hit a skid as it is far and away the best option available for the users and for BlackBerry. They must really enjoy taking a step back every time they have a chance to take a step forward. If devs are willing to put themselves on the line and make something that users of other devices actually get jealous of, but BlackBerry isn't willing to stand up for the independent developers (and by extension, the BlackBerry community), we're in a lot of trouble. Thanks for all you've done here Nem, and please please please don't pull the plug on us here just yet. I know I'm not ready to see snap2chat go.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    eddie carranza likes this.
    03-18-14 10:37 PM
    Anybody else hear the collective air surging out of our sails when they read this?

I'm sorry that this seems to have hit a skid as it is far and away the best option available for the users and for BlackBerry. They must really enjoy taking a step back every time they have a chance to take a step forward. If devs are willing to put themselves on the line and make something that users of other devices actually get jealous of, but BlackBerry isn't willing to stand up for the independent developers (and by extension, the BlackBerry community), we're in a lot of trouble. Thanks for all you've done here Nem, and please please please don't pull the plug on us here just yet. I know I'm not ready to see snap2chat go.

it's sad eh? couldn't even rack up more then 1,500 petition signatures even though this thread alone has 250k+ views and the app itself has be downloaded 5k times
    03-19-14 12:48 AM
    it's sad eh? couldn't even rack up more then 1,500 petition signatures even though this thread alone has 250k+ views and the app itself has be downloaded 5k times
    ~5000 downloads and only ~1450 signatures. It's possible that some of these downloads are from people who care less about having quality apps available to everybody in BlackBerry World and more about getting a free app for being a "tester" and that could explain some of the lack of signatures. If you have downloaded, tested, signed the petition and donated a little something to Nem for his time and trouble, you people have literally done all you can do. Now let's just cross our fingers and hope that this new SnapChat COO will have a change of heart. Either way SnapChat is going to get a traffic increase from BlackBerry users, the only question is will it be from a native Snap2Chat or from sideloaded versions of SnapChat disguised as android devices?
    03-19-14 10:46 AM
    https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...kberry-world-3

To those who haven't yet signed, but are enjoying the Snap2chat app, take a minute out in respect for Nemory Oliver and his exceptional efforts for the whole BlackBerry community. The link is given above, and the petition can be signed in the upper right of the page. Easy.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-19-14 11:19 AM

To those who haven't yet signed, but are enjoying the Snap2chat app, take a minute out in respect for Nemory Oliver and his exceptional efforts for the whole BlackBerry community. The link is given above, and the petition can be signed in the upper right of the page. Easy.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Why don't we sign it with multiple email addresses?

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-19-14 11:24 AM

Posted with my ? Q10.
    If 50 people did it we would be pretty close to the goal... I'm not necessarily condoning repeated signatures, just doing math.
    03-19-14 02:00 PM

Posted with my ? Q10.
    I don't want fake signatures. If nem could fix the link in the about page on s2c then be could push another notification asking people to sign it. And maybe Bla1ze can repost the article he made for snap2chat

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:40 PM
    I feel like if fake signatures happened and somehow they found out they'd dismiss the petition for fraud. It wouldn't be hard. I mean all they'd have to do is look at where the support for s2c is (this forum) and see that we even considered fake signatures.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:44 PM
    I feel like if fake signatures happened and somehow they found out they'd dismiss the petition for fraud. It wouldn't be hard. I mean all they'd have to do is look at where the support for s2c is (this forum) and see that we even considered fake signatures.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Essentially why I don't want it. Even Google steps up to the plate in honor when apps are getting false 5star reviews.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:35 PM
    Hopefully this app doesn't go unnoticed
    03-19-14 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Only 23 more needed now for the 1500 signature milestone. Of course, 2300 more would be just fine.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-19-14 06:19 PM
    Thanks so much to all of you guys. Words are really not enough to say my thanks. Let's hope for some news, I will email again BlackBerry for another chance, to allow the app and just wait for Snapchat's take down notice whenever they want.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:35 PM
    Thanks so much to all of you guys. Words are really not enough to say my thanks. Let's hope for some news, I will email again BlackBerry for another chance, to allow the app and just wait for Snapchat's take down notice whenever they want.

Posted via CB10
    That's a great idea. Hopefully you can just submit it and maybe snapchat won't take it down since there seems to be apps on windows as well.

Maybe not even ask blackberry and submit it? Catch them off guard

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:21 PM
    Apologies Nemory for not signing the petition earlier. It's now been signed.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 02:33 AM
    Just wondering. I can't get videos to play on my Q10SQN100-4/10.2.1.2228.

Latest S2C and used snapchat videoplayer and BB10. Any fixes? (other than destroying my cashe. :[ ).

Q10
    03-20-14 09:29 AM
    I was signature 1501

On a side note, whenever i click "Undo" when drawing on my snap, it undoes ALL my writings. I'm running the latest (1.0.14.1).
    03-20-14 01:16 PM
    Does anyone else have a big crashing problem? Like Snap2Chat crashes on startup, and only seems to get fixed by rebooting the device, only to come back in a few minutes.
    It's frustrating at times.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.2.1.2141
    huyuk likes this.
    03-21-14 05:30 AM
    Does anyone else have a big crashing problem? Like Snap2Chat crashes on startup, and only seems to get fixed by rebooting the device, only to come back in a few minutes.

It sounds frustrating. I was afraid I might have some issues when I upgraded to 10.2.1.2122 this week, but so far the OS and Snap2chat have been playing nice and haven't given me any problems.

03-21-14 07:14 AM
    @nemory, should we send some more tweets towards @bzubert?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:21 AM
    I really hope this gets approved this app rocks.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:24 PM

You need to reboot the phone ever so often have avoid the crashing

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 09:07 PM
    @raju I already did sent an email today. Let the app in BlackBerry world and let's wait for SnapChat's notice whatever it is. If they want to take it down or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:20 AM
    Once I hear a good news I will get back to work on snap2chat. Fix the bugs. Really sorry guys

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:20 AM
6,941 ... 150151152153154 ...