I think he should submit it anyways lol

What's the difference? There's going to be thousands of people downloading this version of snapchat and using it anyways.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 and Iggy City like this.
    03-17-14 09:51 AM
    I'm confused. Why do people think it's up to BlackBerry to provide funds to a third party to create an app that will not generate any profit for them. BlackBerry was never part of the app game, and doesn't want to be. The companies that make apps for Apple or android don't get paid by Apple or android to keep the apps running. So why would they expand and spend the money on a platform that is comparatively tiny and diminishing. Especially after BlackBerry announced multiple times that they are not a consumer based company. Be grateful to the devs for going out of their way to try to expand BlackBerry's app availability, but don't point fingers and complain about something you were never meant to have in the first place. If anything you should donate money to Nem so he can set up his own servers and then contact Snapchat so they can integrate his with theirs. That's probably the only way snap2chat will become official.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:51 AM
    I'm confused. Why do people think it's up to BlackBerry to provide funds to a third party to create an app that will not generate any profit for them. BlackBerry was never part of the app game, and doesn't want to be. The companies that make apps for Apple or android don't get paid by Apple or android to keep the apps running. So why would they expand and spend the money on a platform that is comparatively tiny and diminishing. Especially after BlackBerry announced multiple times that they are not a consumer based company. Be grateful to the devs for going out of their way to try to expand BlackBerry's app availability, but don't point fingers and complain about something you were never meant to have in the first place. If anything you should donate money to Nem so he can set up his own servers and then contact Snapchat so they can integrate his with theirs. That's probably the only way snap2chat will become official.

Posted via CB10
    No one's just blaming BlackBerry... everyone here wants snap2chat to be available to the masses on BlackBerry World

It's mainly SnapChat's fault....

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 11:09 AM
    No one's just blaming BlackBerry... everyone here wants snap2chat to be available to the masses on BlackBerry World

It's mainly SnapChat's fault....

Posted via CB10
    It is mainly Snapchat's fault, though some are blaming BlackBerry:
    I think snapchat is aware it's wanted they just told Nem they don't have enough room on their servers for us, and unless blackberry is going to pay them... why would they make room? To me I think this one's on blackberry

Posted via CB10
    The only "blame" that lies with BlackBerry is that they are more strict with allowing apps into App World than other ecosystems are. But this does prevent BlackBerry World from being overloaded with fake apps like iTunes and Google Play (remember all the fake BBM apps?).

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-17-14 11:33 AM
    I think snapchat is aware it's wanted they just told Nem they don't have enough room on their servers for us, and unless blackberry is going to pay them... why would they make room? To me I think this one's on blackberry

Posted via CB10
    You really believe there is no room on their servers. If they support ios and android natively then they are getting 100's of new users daily. I don't believe that for one minute they don't have room. That's just an easy excuse to make.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 and Iggy City like this.
    03-17-14 04:26 PM
    You really believe there is no room on their servers. If they support ios and android natively then they are getting 100's of new users daily. I don't believe that for one minute they don't have room. That's just an easy excuse to make.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. It's not like BlackBerry users make up that giant of a customer base either.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:09 PM
    Agree. It's not like BlackBerry users make up that giant of a customer base either.

Posted via CB10
    If they can't handle a few extra thousand people then that's a warning sign that they need to update their servers.

And aren't the 3500+ users of snap2chat already using the android server of snapchat? Not sure how it all works. Seems like to me there servers can handle it.

And if they servers can't handle us BlackBerry users, then why haven't they made an app for us natively. They just said there's a BlackBerry demand and yet no reason for a native app. Snapchat makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:41 PM
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-untitled.png

Already near to 5,000 users
    03-17-14 08:50 PM
    Wow Nem, didn't know there were so many users. From the looks of this thread, it seems to be hundreds at best. But guess there are some people who lurk and try the beta without posting here. So heartening to see that many users using a beta app that requires sideloading. Guess there are quite a number of us BlackBerry 10 users who actually know how to sideload. From some of the posts on this site, I would think that sideloading was a rare skill. Hahaha
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    03-17-14 09:31 PM
    Yeah actually that makes sense we would already be using them since we are using snap2chat. I'm enjoying snap2chat so Its not like I'm mad at blackberry or anything I just think it's a shame we can't get it put in bb world.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:35 PM
    Wow Nem, didn't know there were so many users. From the looks of this thread, it seems to be hundreds at best. But guess there are some people who lurk and try the beta without posting here. So heartening to see that many users using a beta app that requires sideloading. Guess there are quite a number of us BlackBerry 10 users who actually know how to sideload. From some of the posts on this site, I would think that sideloading was a rare skill. Hahaha
    The CB blogs about Snap2Chat have surely helped increase the number of unique users. Plus word of mouth of how much better it is than official snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	1871 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	255989

Already near to 5,000 users
    Im surprised that the petition count is so low then that when you pushed the notification on snap2chat means 1,000's of users don't care or are too lazy to sign it. Considering some of the signatures are people who don't use snap2chat but still want to help out everyone else get what they want.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:34 PM
    Im surprised that the petition count is so low then that when you pushed the notification on snap2chat means 1,000's of users don't care or are too lazy to sign it. Considering some of the signatures are people who don't use snap2chat but still want to help out everyone else get what they want.

Posted via CB10
    I think its not the fact notification is there and people not going. I remember clicking yes or some it should have redirected me and it didn't I had to go on the twitter page and access it from there. Nem should make it so it redirects the users.
    03-18-14 02:00 PM
    Can we get headless and hub integration without BlackBerry's approval?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:57 PM
    Can we get headless and hub integration without BlackBerry's approval?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe hub integration needs their approval?

Posted From Z30/10.2.1.2102
    03-18-14 04:00 PM
    I think its not the fact notification is there and people not going. I remember clicking yes or some it should have redirected me and it didn't I had to go on the twitter page and access it from there. Nem should make it so it redirects the users.
    yes nem make it redirect users!!!
    03-18-14 04:26 PM
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe hub integration needs their approval?

I'm sure he can make an app without the approval. It just involves implementing the code, no?

I thought he just needed their approval to submit it to BBW.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:44 PM
    I'm sure he can make an app without the approval. It just involves implementing the code, no?

Posted via CB10
    For hub integration, or headless you need a blackberry signature I believe (digital signature that is). Cobalt has outlined a method to make android apps headless using a debug token, but not sure if the same method applies to native apps (plus every user would have to do it themselves using their own debug token). It wouldn't be anything to share with the masses.
    03-18-14 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure he asked for their approval before he was going to start work? Cause I'm guessing it wouldn't work without their approval?

03-18-14 06:51 PM
    Snap2Chat already got approved for both hub and headless. Problem is. They don't support snap2chat anymore. So I'm working on a.new project. Really sorry guys. Hard to work for a project you know they won't support.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:00 PM
    Snap2Chat already got approved for both hub and headless. Problem is. They don't support snap2chat anymore. So I'm working on a.new project. Really sorry guys. Hard to work for a project you know they won't support.

Posted via CB10
    Very justified, as much as none of us (including you) want to admit it.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    03-18-14 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least fix the crash on open bug before you drop the project please!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:29 PM
    I signed the change.org petition. I hope this app comes back

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:41 PM
    There's still 1 little.chance. BlackBerry is still waiting for the new COO of SnapChat. She will try to talk to him

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:42 PM
    You can make android apps headless??

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 08:01 PM
6,941 ... 149150151152153 ...