is headless eventually coming? finding friends by phone number?

I signed the petition as well!
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm waiting on! Headless and finding friends by phone number.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:59 AM
    Nemory has everything under control.
    Yes, Instagram ans Vine TOS is apparently not so rigid as Snapchats.
    BlackBerry has every right to thread lightly when it comes to apps like this.
    I can guarantee and Nemory can confirm that BlackBerry is always trying to accommodate both sides and of course benefit from it by getting a premium app.
    So no hate towards anyone please!
    We all play the game but we all want the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 03:01 AM
    Bojan is right. All I got to do now is wait for the last chance, BlackBerry me and SnapChat is already in contact, I'm just waiting for Snapchat's response

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:19 AM
    Bojan is right. All I got to do now is wait for the last chance, BlackBerry me and SnapChat is already in contact, I'm just waiting for Snapchat's response

Posted via CB10
    Hey Nem, you could temporarily remove the animation that has the application (at the beginning and in the "about" section) to eliminate the possibility that the problem of the camera is for that reason? You can put the expiration date tomorrow bro, is just to try. Please! = '(

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:51 AM
    This was an email reply I got back from Alec Saunders (jan 3). I asked him if they will allow Snap2Chat in BlackBerry World.

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140306_224200.png

What do you think? For me alec says BlackBerry world should approve snap2chat and will just take it down if snapchat sends a notice to.

Posted via CB10
    Jeremy Cepeda likes this.
    03-06-14 09:19 AM
    @caco I will try all my best my friend. I need to work on the BlackBerry world stuffs first. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:20 AM
    This was an email reply I got back from Alec Saunders (jan 3). I asked him if they will allow Snap2Chat in BlackBerry World.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140306_224200.png 
Views:	2758 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	253211

What do you think? For me alec says BlackBerry world should approve snap2chat and will just take it down if snapchat sends a notice to.

Posted via CB10
    He does also say if they are aware of the TOS with restrictions on an app development. But I highly doubt those at BlackBerry know about Snapchat's TOS.

Either way, I do think it is ridiculous. There isn't a competition between the apps, given that Snapchat does not support BB10. If they're going to refuse permission, then they should make the app. Clearly around 200,000 petition signings is enough to see the demand. And then so, why bother making the app? We have Snap2chat and we are more than content (considering your app is far better than theirs)

All I can say is keep faith and wait to see what happens. Regardless, you have all our support here at CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:27 AM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:38 AM
    Snap2chat can't go Headless unless it is installed from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:20 AM
    Snap2chat can't go Headless unless it is installed from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about that since it's already been approved for headless, but I think the bigger problem is that if it doesn't hit blackberry world it won't hit the masses, and that might not make it worth nems while to put the effort in to making the app headless. I could be wrong though but that would be my reasoning if it was me.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    03-06-14 11:55 AM
    Hey, first off...i've signed the petition. Second, i have a slight issue. Everytime i try to send a snapchat to a friend it spends 3 mins trying to send it "Moments ago - Sending"...then it winds up saying "Moments ago - Failed - Tap to retry". I've retried 10 times and i keep getting the same issue. Help!?
    03-06-14 12:22 PM
    Hey, first off...i've signed the petition. Second, i have a slight issue. Everytime i try to send a snapchat to a friend it spends 3 mins trying to send it "Moments ago - Sending"...then it winds up saying "Moments ago - Failed - Tap to retry". I've retried 10 times and i keep getting the same issue. Help!?
    Sometimes have the same problem. Not sure what causes it. But try closing the app and try again.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 12:31 PM
    I just deleted my old version of S2C, restarted the phone, then downloaded the latest version of S2C, and I am still getting the black screen after I take a snap. I dont think ive had S2C working correctly since I originally downloaded it... I'm running 10.2.537 OS on a Z10
    03-06-14 12:34 PM
    It frustrates me that blackberry made headless so difficult in their devices, like it's pretty much common sense that's what people want, if Nem does manage to make this headless it would be a BIG deal as I can only think of 3 other apps that accomplished this

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 01:53 PM
    I just deleted my old version of S2C, restarted the phone, then downloaded the latest version of S2C, and I am still getting the black screen after I take a snap. I dont think ive had S2C working correctly since I originally downloaded it... I'm running 10.2.537 OS on a Z10
    What version of snap2chat? The latest v1 shouldn't be getting black snaps

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:24 PM
    It frustrates me that blackberry made headless so difficult in their devices, like it's pretty much common sense that's what people want, if Nem does manage to make this headless it would be a BIG deal as I can only think of 3 other apps that accomplished this

Posted via CB10
    Not only that, from what I read in CB a few months back it's hard for developers too cause they have to rewrite their code completely.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 04:25 PM
    No, headless isn't actually that hard.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:20 PM
    No, headless isn't actually that hard.

Posted via CB10
    Anymore

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:31 PM
    The SnapChat TOS state this:

Unless otherwise stated, all materials contained on or within the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images, code, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials (collectively, "Snapchat Content"), as well as their selection and arrangement, are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property laws, and unauthorized use of Snapchat Content may violate such laws and these Terms. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, Snapchat does not grant any express or implied rights to use Snapchat Content. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, display, reverse engineer, sell, or participate in any sale of, rent, lease, loan, assign, distribute, license, sublicense, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, Snapchat Content, the Services or any related software, except as expressly stated in these Terms.

You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services and Snapchat Content. This license is revocable at any time. This license is subject to these Terms and does not include:

The distribution, public performance or public display of Snapchat Content;
    Modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Services or Snapchat Content, or any portion thereof;
    Use of any scraping, data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
    Downloading (other than page caching) any portion of the Services, Snapchat Content or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Services;
    Accessing the Snapchat API with an unauthorized or third-party client; and
    Any use of the Services or Snapchat Content other than for their intended purposes.
    Any use of the Services or Snapchat Content other than as specifically authorized in these Terms, without the prior written permission of Snapchat, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license to use Snapchat granted in these Terms.
    03-06-14 06:02 PM
    Make sure you granted all permissions especially shared files.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have to modify a part, also add. That's all. But managing it to not cause a crash I think is difficult,

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:31 PM
    Must be something wirh your connection, pleeeease try to change connection

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:32 PM
    Be sure you have all permissions enabled, especially for camera and file access. That is how I solved my earlier issue of the same kind.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-06-14 06:45 PM
    Ive tried closing the app, restarting my phone going from my data connection to wifi, to a different wifi. My snap's only send half the time :s what am i doing wrong?! lol
    03-06-14 06:47 PM
    Hey Nemory,

Lovely application!! I have one issue that occurs when taking snapchats.. it flashes for every single one I try to take. Even if I turn on and off the flash in the top left corner it flashes regardless. Any advice?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:47 PM
6,941 ... 139140141142143 ...