Submitted to BlackBerry World?

From the Q10 until they create a friggin rectangular 4" without the trackpad!
    02-28-14 08:05 AM
    Re: monetization, I think "freemium" would be the best for all parties (you can make some $$, and users can get a free basic version to try before committing any money to the app).

Basic features like sending/receiving pictures are free. Other features like video, unlimited viewing of pics require the "premium" in app purchase.
    02-28-14 08:21 AM
    Why wouldn't it be free with donations enabled? Not a lot of people would be happy to pay for a service free to other platforms. However, many users will be fine with donate larger sums, and it would drastically improve download and reception of the app

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:33 AM
    It's logged me out once or twice on 0.9.4 as well.

Also, sometimes I get these "nan" messages after I view or send

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:00 AM
    Why wouldn't it be free with donations enabled? Not a lot of people would be happy to pay for a service free to other platforms. However, many users will be fine with donate larger sums, and it would drastically improve download and reception of the app

Posted via CB10
    Firstly because this isn't "SnapChat", if they want it they can go and download the .apk..... and secondly because this is way more than a SnapChat client.... its boatload of useful features make it worth the cost of a "pro" version

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    02-28-14 09:10 AM
    I feel it should be free supported by donations, free with ads or free with in-app purchases. Why do I say mostly free? Because an app gets more downloads when it's free as its available to anyone. Now I'm not cheap and am willing to pay for this, but some people aren't. So you lose some potential users. Also, we need to remember that not everyone is able to pay as some carriers don't support carrier billing, some do not have PayPal or credit card etc. By keeping it free like iGrann, the app can hit critical mass. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure Angry Birds killed the appstore for months and it cost a dollar.... free doesn't mean anything for download numbers

02-28-14 09:12 AM
    Don't worry guys. I promise everyone eho gets the app will be even more satisfied than using any snapchat client in the world.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:44 AM
    When will snap2chat be on the appstore

Posted via z10
    02-28-14 09:54 AM
    When will snap2chat be on the appstore

Posted via z10
    BlackBerry World*

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-28-14 10:00 AM
    Ye blackberry world aha I just call all places for apps ap store aha

Posted via z10
    02-28-14 10:09 AM
    I wish is was today!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure Angry Birds killed the appstore for months and it cost a dollar.... free doesn't mean anything for download numbers

Yes angry birds is a good example. But that was before. Now that the app market is getting saturated, more apps are heading towards the freemium model. Look at angry birds star wars 2. It started off for $0.99 and then became free with more in app purchases. But that's besides the point.

Like I mentioned, I personally don't mind paying for a well made app. It's a one off payment that I probably wouldn't lose sleep over. But I'm thinking of the bigger picture here. I want this app, just like whine and igrann, to be successful and to have as many users possible. When the app is displayed as free, people may be inclined to just download the app and give it a shot. Something you won't always get with a paid app, because of the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post. That's why I feel the releasing the app as free would be best. Now, the kind of free that the dev should choose is up to him. I personally wouldn't mind any way. Again, just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Sally Mack likes this.
    02-28-14 10:28 AM
    will snapchat let you charge for the app? Technically you're making money off their services. I know vine has a clause against it.

Check before so there's no legality issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:31 AM
    What is your alternative if it doesn't get headless and hub integration yet?

Posted via CB10
    Just the android port, the problem is that I don't have a credit card and I'm not sure if i can just download and it goes directly on my phone bill? Never got a paid app before. I'm just really into headless, active frames bother me lol ocd thing

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:42 AM
    I'm curious to know. your version is not atleast 0.9.4. am I right? cause 0.9.3 and below has terrible memory leaks. I hope you can upgrade.
    That's why I was really curious what was going on. I have the newest update. I just double checked. I thought you made it sign out by default when closed. Really strange

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:51 AM
    Oh and I forgot to let you know it's been happening for the last two updates for me..

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:54 AM
    I truly believe anyone here not willing to buy it is cheap and unappreciative. You guys can say "but its free on other platforms" all you want but it took a lot of time and money to make this happen. You try doing what Nem did.
    rai187 likes this.
    02-28-14 11:53 AM
    What is your alternative if it doesn't get headless and hub integration yet?

Posted via CB10
    Keep the current version! In my books the only thing thats missing is HUB integration and headless. For me this version has everything I need.
    02-28-14 12:45 PM
    Keep the current version! In my books the only thing thats missing is HUB integration and headless. For me this version has everything I need.
    Current version has an expiration date since it is just a beta. It will not work past that point.

02-28-14 01:04 PM
    Should put together a device-specific cost scheme. Then you can charge the P'9982 users $500 for the download. Even if a couple of them download it, you'll still be a thousand dollars richer off two downloads haha.
    Nemory Studios likes this.
    02-28-14 02:21 PM
    Current version has an expiration date since it is just a beta. It will not work past that point.

Ah okay I did not know that! I guess tht does indeed change everything AH!

Im not saying I wont buy the app! I like what Nem has done! Great work!!
    02-28-14 02:48 PM
    Nemory stated before that anyone who participated in this thread and helped with the beta wouldn't have to pay for the released version in BlackBerry World.

Is that still true?

02-28-14 03:06 PM
    Nemory stated before that anyone who participated in this thread and helped with the beta wouldn't have to pay for the released version in BlackBerry World.

Is that still true?

From what I understand, that has changed.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    02-28-14 04:09 PM
    so ive come to a solution to my problem, apparently I made a new account and its working fine, tho when i receive a video it doesnt play the video the sound is their but the visuals arent all i get is a yellow screen with the sapchat ghost along side some coloured stripes
    02-28-14 04:59 PM

Is that still true?

Even if it's true, ya me for being a beta tester, but still would want to give back to nem so would want to pay.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 05:36 PM
6,941 ... 129130131132133 ...