Question will the update pop up in the app or will we have to load a new bar file?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:45 AM
    Question will the update pop up in the app or will we have to load a new bar file?

Posted via CB10
    As long as it is in beta mode, new bar files will have to be sideloaded. Once it is in BlackBerry World, you will get notified of updates.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-17-14 08:21 AM
    Hey Nem, when you think you'll be putting this into BBWorld?! I know there is a lot of work to be done, but it would make my life so much easier to be able to update to the most recent software OTA, rather than waiting to get home. Anyways, love the app, even with the small issues I run into!
    Imagine having a barely functioning app in BBW. How do you think the reviews would be if that happened?

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    02-17-14 09:05 AM
    Imagine having a barely functioning app in BBW. How do you think the reviews would be if that happened?

PaulyDoyle, it literally takes 2 minutes if your time to sideload lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:46 AM
    PaulyDoyle, it literally takes 2 minutes if your time to sideload lol

Posted via CB10
    Well, not all of us have time within our busy schedules to go on our computers.. Sorry for making a small sarcastic suggestion guys.. Clearly it wouldn't survive in the BBW. I'll be sure not to post sarcasm anymore..

EDIT: And also, if you notice in the OP, I asked WHEN it would be put into the BBW. Perhaps you should use that extra 2 minutes to re-read that post!
    Last edited by PaulyDoyle; 02-17-14 at 11:06 AM.
    02-17-14 10:50 AM
    Well, not all of us have time within our busy schedules to go on our computers.. Sorry for making a small sarcastic suggestion guys.. Clearly it wouldn't survive in the BBW. I'll be sure not to post sarcasm anymore..

EDIT: And also, if you notice in the OP, I asked WHEN it would be put into the BBW. Perhaps you should use that extra 2 minutes to re-read that post!
    Reread ur post again mate. " i know there is a lot of work to be done, but it would make my life so much easier....".

You acknlowedge the fact that the app is not finished, but you still want it uploaded to BBW because it makes YOUR life easier - rather than getting home to load the new bar file.

Suggestion: read your OP again.

02-17-14 11:44 AM
    Reread ur post again mate. " i know there is a lot of work to be done, but it would make my life so much easier....".

You acknlowedge the fact that the app is not finished, but you still want it uploaded to BBW because it makes YOUR life easier - rather than getting home to load the new bar file.

Suggestion: read your OP again.

I never said I wanted it posted to BBW, all I simply did was inquire, "Hey Nem, when you think you'll be putting this into BBWorld?! ".

Did not ask for it to go up today or tomorrow or even any time soon.. And yes, I did acknowledge that there is work to be done, that's obvious because every app has a small amount of work to be done, even the "finished apps" have issues..

I'm sure everyone would agree that OTA updates are simply easier than loading .bar files.. So yes, it makes MY life easier (sarcastic comment).

So all in all, Nem can't wait for this to be official on BBW! (no sarcasm here) Keep up the good work my friend.
    02-17-14 12:49 PM
    I never said I wanted it posted to BBW, all I simply did was inquire, "Hey Nem, when you think you'll be putting this into BBWorld?! ".

Did not ask for it to go up today or tomorrow or even any time soon.. And yes, I did acknowledge that there is work to be done, that's obvious because every app has a small amount of work to be done, even the "finished apps" have issues..

I'm sure everyone would agree that OTA updates are simply easier than loading .bar files.. So yes, it makes MY life easier (sarcastic comment).

So all in all, Nem can't wait for this to be official on BBW! (no sarcasm here) Keep up the good work my friend.
    Don't ask OP for something he has no control over. If blackberry had an official solution to testing beta apps in the first place, we would all be happy. There are several ways to do this OTA such as sideswype.

And it's not that we have all the time in the world on the computer but it literally DOES take 2 minutes to sideload.

Now that being said, we are back on topic.
    02-17-14 01:52 PM
    Okay some good news.. headless is approved for snap2chat. But they missed hub integration. Now re applying and an employee is helping me yo approve it as fast as he can. I'm very excited to integrste these two baby features. But please just be patient cause I will work first on yhr important missing stuff=stories and bugs.

Posted via CB10
    HEADLESS !! Yeah baby!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:03 PM
    Don't ask OP for something he has no control over. If blackberry had an official solution to testing beta apps in the first place, we would all be happy. There are several ways to do this OTA such as sideswype.

And it's not that we have all the time in the world on the computer but it literally DOES take 2 minutes to sideload.

Now that being said, we are back on topic.
    BlackBerry actually have that solution. Its the sandbox feature beta testers such as me and other people are added by nemory.

02-17-14 06:13 PM
    Woo, knowing this is going to be headless when it's officially released is amazing. Excited for hub integration too. Question though, for hub integration, will notifications just show up as that "bell" sign like for software updates or will it actually show the snap2chat icon?
    02-17-14 09:48 PM
    Woo, knowing this is going to be headless when it's officially released is amazing. Excited for hub integration too. Question though, for hub integration, will notifications just show up as that "bell" sign like for software updates or will it actually show the snap2chat icon?
    I would think it will be the bell. I doubt the icon will change just because of the notification being pushed through without the app actively open. At least that's the case for other notifications from headless apps like Blaq.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    02-17-14 10:02 PM
    I would think it will be the bell. I doubt the icon will change just because of the notification being pushed through without the app actively open. At least that's the case for other notifications from headless apps like Blaq.

Nah it'll be the icon because the notifications thing is used for basically general notifications pushed by any application.

Getting HUB integration specifically for one app means we actually get the icon and a special space for Snap2Chat in the hub something I'm looking forward to I might add!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:06 PM
    Quick couple of things I've been noticing since updating today:

- My friends list has a number of duplicate entries -- any way to fix that? For example I have one friend that is in my list normally, then with a green dot beside their name, and also as a 'best friend' starred contact...not a huge issue but just wondering if there's a way to get down to just one of each contact.

- Contact names in my friends list are usernames only, even when setting a display name to use, it remains only until I refresh the list, then various names disappear.

- I can't seem to recieve snaps in real-time. For example, I'd log-in and recieve a snap, but would have to close it and re-open it to get any new snaps. Slightly annoying to have to guess when people are sending snaps/recieve a text from them to tell me they sent one. First update I've ever encountered this on so wasn't sure if others had this issue.

Still a big fan on this app, but wanted to bring this to attention
    02-17-14 10:08 PM
    Nah it'll be the icon because the notifications thing is used for basically general notifications pushed by any application.

Getting HUB integration specifically for one app means we actually get the icon and a special space for Snap2Chat in the hub something I'm looking forward to I might add!

Posted via CB10
    I would love it if you're right.

02-17-14 10:15 PM
    I would love it if you're right.

I am. Doing normal push notifications is easy... they would go to the hub and end up in the notifications tab and that's pretty much it.

Hub integration is like how WhatsApp is, you can reply from the hub and read from the hub properly. That's exactly what we are getting, that's what hub integration means!

Posted via CB10
    jzajac likes this.
    02-17-14 10:21 PM
    I am. Doing normal push notifications is easy... they would go to the hub and end up in the notifications tab and that's pretty much it.

Hub integration is like how WhatsApp is, you can reply from the hub and read from the hub properly. That's exactly what we are getting, that's what hub integration means!

Posted via CB10
    Down the road when all is said and done and this eventually makes it's way into BlackBerry World if a little ghost icon accompanies it and haunts the HUB I would be just fine with it.

02-17-14 10:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would have to be the icon. Just like whatsapp got approval, snap2chat would have its own tab and icon. Otherwise like someone else said, any app that doesn't have permission to be integrated in the hub, you get notification as the "bell" symbol as a pushed notification.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:45 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the new update? In order for me to refresh my feed I have to fully close the app and re open it. a lot of the time my snaps don't send as well. And I remember in a older build I had camera options, I don't see those anymore (maybe I'm wrong about that one).

Other than those issues, the update is nice. Very fluid, and looks sleek. Keep up the good work.

Posted via Blackjack Q10
    02-18-14 12:10 AM
    Is there any benefit from updating from the previous version to the current version?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:34 AM
    Hi Nem.

New update is class, looking forward to the full version now. Other than the things already mentioned I have noticed that I am missing a few friends on my friend list. They appear if I go onto the add friends list to see who added me but disappear in the friends list so can't send them snaps. Hope that's clear if not I can Bbm you the screenshots
    02-18-14 05:38 AM
    Hi Nem.

New update is class, looking forward to the full version now. Other than the things already mentioned I have noticed that I am missing a few friends on my friend list. They appear if I go onto the add friends list to see who added me but disappear in the friends list so can't send them snaps. Hope that's clear if not I can Bbm you the screenshots
    I second that

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:51 AM
    This is weird I took a video with snap2chat
    And that what happened when I wanted to take another

Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140218_145959.png

Ps. I don't know if it's software issue , hardware issue or application issue.
    though restart fixes it.

Using Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Alooi Divona; 02-18-14 at 06:24 AM.
    02-18-14 06:02 AM
    This is weird I took a video with snap2chat
    And that what happened when I wanted to take another

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140218_145959.png 
Views:	2155 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	248945

Ps. I don't know if it's software issue , hardware issue or application issue.
    though restart fixes it.

Using Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    A phone restart or an app restart?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:20 AM
    Who wants this? sorted friends
    Official snap2chat - Native snapchat Client for BlackBerry 10 Beta Thread-img_20140218_223415.png

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:38 AM
6,941 ... 112113114115116 ...