Since the day i started developing for BlackBerry 10 i've always wanted to make my own browser. The browsers i've used in the past never satisfied me 100%, which gave me a great motivation to start building my own browser.
    I designed Browsie Browser with in mind to give a 'Native Browsing' experience with my own touch to it! If you love the native browser you should feel at home the minute you install Browsie!

What has Browsie Browser to offer?

Browsie comes with a beautiful and easy to use interface with all the required features you need for your every day browsing.
    Including blocking ads, Night mode, Reader mode, Unlimited tabs, Multi-language support and a lot more!

It also comes with support, if you're having any questions or issues you can contact me at any time and i'll try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

Features:
    - PIN Security (Lets you lock the app with a PIN)
    - Private Browsing
    - Do not Track
    - History
    - Bookmarks
    - Wipe the App (Security)
    - Backup & Restore
    - Speed Dial
    - Unlimited tabs
    - Reader mode
    - Night mode
    - Image of the day
    - Multi-language support (English, German, Dutch and French and Spanish too soon!
    - Restore tabs (soon)
    - Custom useragents
    - Search engine
    - Search suggestions
    - Themes
    - Save pages
    - Adblock
    - Classic support
    - Passport support
    - Hub browser

BlackBerry World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/59952700/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Daanisawesome
    BBM channel: C0029E9DD
    04-03-15 07:12 PM
    This is exactly what I am looking for however This is not available of Passport?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:37 AM
    This is exactly what I am looking for however This is not available of Passport?

Posted via CB10
    It is available for all devices running 10.3.1+
    (most passport users are still on 10.3)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:10 AM
    Ok good to know. I am still on 10.3.0. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:43 AM
    Hello.
    I use Evolution Browser for it's ad-blocking now, but it has some issues starting up at times. Am looking for another option from the few browsers available to us.
    Am thinking about getting your app. Just a couple of questions:
    Do you have keyboard shortcuts for the Q10 on your browser? ("w" for tabs, "L" for reload, "T" for top of page, "B" for bottom etc.)
    &
    Can Duckduckgo be set as the default search engine?

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-04-15 07:25 PM
    Hello.
    I use Evolution Browser for it's ad-blocking now, but it has some issues starting up at times. Am looking for another option from the few browsers available to us.
    Am thinking about getting your app. Just a couple of questions:
    Do you have keyboard shortcuts for the Q10 on your browser? ("w" for tabs, "L" for reload, "T" for top of page, "B" for bottom etc.)
    &
    Can Duckduckgo be set as the default search engine?

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    DuckDuckGo has been added with the last update, and if there are any shortcuts missing I'll gladly add them for you! You can always contact me with suggestions or requests.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and anon(9188202) like this.
    04-04-15 10:00 PM
    How about flash?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:17 PM
    Any chance of getting text reflow to work?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:34 PM
    DuckDuckGo has been added with the last update, and if there are any shortcuts missing I'll gladly add them for you! You can always contact me with suggestions or requests.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. Purchased the app.
    The keyboard shortcuts work great. Is there a shortcut for the tabs (like "w" on the stock browser)? That would be appreciated.

Is there a "full-screen" option where the address bar is hidden?
    Screen real estate is very limited on the Q10.

Attachment 345595
    Attachment 345597

Last edited by jope28; 04-04-15 at 11:13 PM.
    04-04-15 10:46 PM
    Any chance of getting text reflow to work?

Posted via CB10
    I've seen many reviews and question about it I'll look into it!

Posted via CB10
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    04-04-15 11:45 PM
    How about flash?

Posted via CB10
    Flash isn't supported, and I think it's unlikely I'll support it in the future since html5 is becoming the new standard.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:47 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Purchased the app.
    The keyboard shortcuts work great. Is there a shortcut for the tabs (like "w" on the stock browser)? That would be appreciated.

Is there a "full-screen" option where the address bar is hidden?
    Screen real estate is very limited on the Q10.

Attachment 345595
    Attachment 345597

In the current beta I have these options tho I have new tab binded on "y" I don't own a physical keyboard device myself so let me know if it's better on "w"

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:48 PM
    In the current beta I have these options tho I have new tab binded on "y" I don't own a physical keyboard device myself so let me know if it's better on "w"

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!
    The actual keyboard letter you use is really not an issue for me. I'll just be glad to have the keyboard shortcut.
    I wasn't referring to "new tab" though. I mean just to get the tab menu to see all the tabs to be able to choose the one to activate (the equivalent of tapping on the lower left "tab" button you have now).

If you want that "tab menu" shortcut to be the same as the BlackBerry 10 browser, then go with "w" or if you want it like the old legacy devices, go with "z" lol. I personally don't think it makes a difference what letter you choose.

I really like that you included the "Browsie Now" feature: It is great. The ability to go full-screen or hide the bar at the bottom when scrolling would also be nice to have in "Browsie Now" mode if possible. Those of us with a Q10 would appreciate maximizing our limited screen real estate.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited by jope28; 04-05-15 at 12:31 AM.
    mubarak1 likes this.
    04-05-15 12:17 AM
    Awesome!
    The actual keyboard letter you use is really not an issue for me. I'll just be glad to have the keyboard shortcut.
    I wasn't referring to "new tab" though. I mean just to get the tab menu to see all the tabs to be able to choose the one to activate (the equivalent of tapping on the lower left "tab" button you have now).

If you want that "tab menu" shortcut to be the same as the BlackBerry 10 browser, then go with "w" or if you want it like the old legacy devices, go with "z" lol. I personally don't think it makes a difference what letter you choose.

I really like that you included the "Browsie Now" feature: It is great. The ability to go full-screen or hide the bar at the bottom when scrolling would also be nice to have in "Browsie Now" mode if possible. Those of us with a Q10 would appreciate maximizing our limited screen real estate.

Keep up the great work.

If you like I could add you to the beta testers, you'll be able to test the latest version before it's released. Would help to get some feedback from Physical keyboard users.

Email me if you're interested.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    04-05-15 12:36 AM
    Few screenshots:

Official Browsie Browser thread-img_20150406_082607.png
    Official Browsie Browser thread-img_20150406_082601.png
    Official Browsie Browser thread-img_20150406_082557.png

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:27 AM
    Just got it and it is really nice. Needs a downloads screen

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:09 PM
    Just got it and it is really nice. Needs a downloads screen
    The problem is that I can't find any api or way yet to make a download manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:42 PM
    What are the advantages of this over evolution browser? Can you swipe to go back a page? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:50 AM
    Thanks for supporting BlackBerry by developing this browser and good luck!
    mubarak1 likes this.
    04-07-15 07:02 AM
    What are the advantages of this over evolution browser? Can you swipe to go back a page? Thanks.

Posted via CB10

I think both browsers are good.

I don't think swiping gestures are supported on Browsie. I personally use a Q10, so prefer Keyboard shortcuts over gestures.

In my opinion, managing tabs (specially opening a link on new tab in the background) is much better on Browsie.
    Evolution Browser can't open the link in the background and instead makes you take the extra step of selecting a tab to have the link open in.
    "Reader" mode also has more options on Browsie than on Evolution.

Ad-blocking is good on both.

04-07-15 08:47 AM
    To Dev,

one feature I think would be good, if it is possible. The ability to activate a mouse over without having a mouse connected. in the Official browser the only way to do this is with a mouse connected. again this is just an idea. I don't know if it is possible.
    04-07-15 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is currently not supported

The reason is that I've never liked the swiping gestures of the evolution browser it always seemed to go back or forward a page when I didn't want to.

If more people are interested in this feature I'd be glad to add it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-15 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Swipe gestures will be available in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 12:59 AM
    Swipe gestures will be available in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, great news. I will give it a download then. Any idea of timescale?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 03:03 AM
    Wow, great news. I will give it a download then. Any idea of timescale?

Posted via CB10
    I'm waiting for the Spanish and French translation atm, I'll try to release it within 2 weeks and hopefully earlier!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 05:52 AM
534 123 ...