Hey folks,

One thing I really liked about my iPod was the OC Transpo app which was awesome. Even offline, I had ready access to bus stops close by, along with the bus schedules. Unfortunately, there isn't a BlackBerry app, or even an Android app I could port over.

Some of you may have already heard of this, but for those who have not, save this bookmark on your phone: OC Bus Tracker - Ottawa

A few screen shots
    OC Transpo App Alternative (Ottawa transit)-8577089261_8cfd384064_z.jpg

It's a bit clunky when selecting a bus stop, but never fails
    OC Transpo App Alternative (Ottawa transit)-8577089197_6c2f95003d_z.jpg

The information is sourced through GPS location of the buses, and if that's not available, then the bus schedule. You can even locate a GPS enabled bus on the map
    OC Transpo App Alternative (Ottawa transit)-8577089133_92abc89c72_z.jpg

Anyhow, I know it's not an app per say, but it does function as one albeit through the browser. Thought people here might find it helpful
    Fr3lncr likes this.
    03-21-13 12:19 PM
    Great tip, thanks. Saved to my bookmarks.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:11 PM
    interesting.. I just use the official mobile site but well try this out as well... OC is supposed to release apps on other platforms than ios so maybe we will get one eventually...
    03-21-13 01:55 PM
    If they're anything like they're regular employees, we'll have to wake them up from their union-mandated naps in order to get them working on an app! Haha
    03-21-13 02:48 PM
    This is a great app that I have been using since last year. It was slow and clunky on the 9860; but very responsive on the Z10.

If you are a bus rider in Ottawa you must have this app.

Ninja edit: we never refer to this app as ocbuscreeper... * shifty eyes*

Attachment 142794
    03-21-13 02:52 PM
    interesting.. I just use the official mobile site but well try this out as well... OC is supposed to release apps on other platforms than ios so maybe we will get one eventually...
    I used that one as well, but getting information that I need is much slower. I don't remember the bus stop number, so unless I'm right underneath it, I can't just punch in the four digits to identify the stop. I know you can search by intersection, and other methods, but the point of having a mobile friendly app is to be able to have the least amount of input to get the information you need. By combining my GPS location with the database of bus stops, it's right there.

I use the OC Transpo mobile website as a secondary source of info. Usually if I need to go to someplace new where I'm unfamiliar with the bus routes. That's why I like this one better
    03-21-13 03:03 PM
    OCT has just been released for BB10 a few days ago, you can now find offline schedule times as well as get real-time GPS data on the buses.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=CA
    04-30-13 06:56 PM