Without the popup notifications screen originally built in to Hubplusplus this app lacks appeal and truthfully has taken a huge step backwards. I would not buy as it is today. Anyone have an app suggestion that provides large format popup notifications without a time out disappearing act like BlackBerry? Much thanks

Posted via My Z30 on CB Forums
    01-12-14 10:23 PM
    I believe most apps that had that feature built in, have taken it away as a result of BlackBerry incorporating it into the OS itself(think I remember reading that they took away those API's when toasts were introduced). I know hub++, and Bebuzz have removed it since toasts were incorporated into the OS.

And why do you say Hub++ doesnt work? Its currently the best LED color app out there, and the first one to support headless functions.
    01-13-14 02:11 AM
    I couldn't care less about colour led and headless if I don't have the one feature I bought the app for originally. Epic fail on upgrade. Can i get back previous version?

Posted via My Z30 on CB Forums
    01-13-14 06:07 AM
    It depends on the OS you are running. Have you posted in the Hub++ thread to ask the developer about your issue? He is pretty accommodating.

I still have popup notifications. Enable them through your settings?
    01-13-14 07:46 AM
    I have been told latest OS updates do not allow Hubplusplus pop up notifications any more. Hopefully this will be reinstalled by the developer to satisfy those of us who bought his app day one and have supported until this problem

Posted via My rocking Z30 on CB Forums
    01-13-14 09:50 AM
    Sorry, I'm a little confused.. in your first post you imply the developer removed this feature from the most recent version of the app, in your last post you say the functionality is not allowed in the most recent OS.. which is it?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:02 AM
    Now that Hub++ not working for me who has better idea?-img_20140113_110533.png

Now that Hub++ not working for me who has better idea?-img_20140113_110520.png

As you can see I have popup enabled and they work I am running hub++ latest version and the latest OS

What's the problem you are speaking of????

Posted via Z10. HTTR forever!
    01-13-14 10:06 AM
    If I'm understanding him correctly he doesn't like those popups Jaydee, he's after a different pop up that the app itself used to offer before they were implemented natively in BB10.

That said, I'm still unclear if the developer has removed this feature because it's now in the Os, or if an OS update has cause it to actually stop working in the app. Depending on the answer the solution would be different.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-13-14 11:41 AM
    Correct just_luc. Thanks.

01-13-14 11:42 AM
    You can't fault the developer for removing a feature if BlackBerry removed the capability to call on it from the OS.

And that's what happened in this case for Hub++ and BeBuzz.

Blame BlackBerry.

I personally don't like the fact that BB removed the APIs for such pop-ups. I prefer the clean boxes that BePopup used to have for the old BBOS. I was hoping something like that would make its way to BB10.

I like the BB10 preview notifications, just not the way they look.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and devcellent like this.
    01-13-14 03:23 PM
    Interesting. Thanks.

01-13-14 08:53 PM
    If I'm understanding him correctly he doesn't like those popups Jaydee, he's after a different pop up that the app itself used to offer before they were implemented natively in BB10.

That said, I'm still unclear if the developer has removed this feature because it's now in the Os, or if an OS update has cause it to actually stop working in the app. Depending on the answer the solution would be different.

Posted via CB10
    Please note that the Popup/preview that we had in HUB++ prior to headless, would not work with headless. We would have to look into re-implementing that considering that API would support that. Because of the demand for headless, we gave priority to headless, and had to remove the popup.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your support.
    Camelhmpz and Pdinos3 like this.
    01-13-14 08:56 PM
    Thank you for your response devcellent.

In the meantime, could you not just provide the bar for your older version to oakvilerelopro if he'd prefer to have the popups then the headless?

He is paying customer after all..

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:45 PM
    I'm wondering if he could do it both ways?

If you leave the app open in the app drawer, you could have popups. If you closed said app(headless) you would lose that function? I personally never used that feature and its not missed, but i do agree that BBerries implementation of notification popups is horrible(they disappear faster then you can respond 99% of the time, specially if your device is in a holster or password locked).
    01-16-14 05:08 AM
    HUB++ certainly is a nice application, very fancy and helpful......while it works !!!
    recently i installed this application on my BlackBerry, guided by comments on this site, the interventions of the developper, people saying how great is this app, number one !!! and best of all the support woow !!!
    but unfortunately the HUB++ worked only 24 hours after installation, first reboot of device and application stopped work with the BlackBerry, yeah still there, running taking resources but completely standalone no interaction with BlackBerry 10.2 OS.
    I was happy to have [email protected] to report my problem,, sure they would answer and fix this problem within hours !!! as promise written on d�tails before download, but at the moment to write this post have no sign from the so called support.

so my dear friend are you sure that this is the number one application ?? an app that works until first reboot ? with non existent support ???

or maybe im writting to the wrong support ???
    01-16-14 07:14 AM