App Name: Notify Me

So the idea is real simple. Notify Me will forward email and sms previews to your computer, as well as notifications of incoming phone calls.

Description:

Show Email, SMS and Calls on your computer.

Notify Me takes any new Email, SMS or incoming phone call and sends it to your computer running Windows, OSX or Linux. Notify Me will then display a pop-up message on your computer screen.

Ultra convenient to save you time - no longer do you need to pick up your phone to see who's messaging you. At a quick glance on your computer screen you can see if it's an important message you need to respond to right away or it can wait until later.

Features:
    ✓ See incoming Email name and subject
    ✓ See incoming SMS name and full message
    ✓ See incoming phone calls
    ✓ Configurable options to disable pop-ups you don't want to see

On your computer Notify Me uses the highly customizable app named 'Growl' to display the pop-up messages. Growl is a free download for Windows and Linux. It is a paid app on OSX. Growl allows you to create pop-ups with themes (known as 'Displays'), and much more. Detailed instructions are included with Notify Me to get your up and running in minutes.

As an added bonus you can install Growl apps on your iOS and Android devices and Notify Me can send the notifications to them!

Price: $1.99

Download: BlackBerry World - Notify Me

ATMJOE and theSteve like this.
    08-20-13 07:42 AM
    ha that is awesome!
    08-20-13 07:45 AM
    Very nice app; but Whatsapp notifications would be the key factor for me.
    08-20-13 07:57 AM
    Are there any specific settings to set up in Android after installing Growl?
    08-20-13 10:22 AM
    The test shows up but I am not receiving any real notifications. The diagnostics page says I am connected. Any ideas? Using Mac Lion.
    08-20-13 01:08 PM
    Do the phone and PC have to be running on the same WiFi for this to work?
    08-20-13 01:25 PM
    This could be very useful as I tend to keep my phone on vibrate and miss the odd call/text. Good work by the dev and yet another potentially solid app for BBRY.
    08-20-13 03:26 PM
    Are there any specific settings to set up in Android after installing Growl?
    Just set up a password, then plug your Android IP and Growl password into Notify Me.
    08-21-13 07:41 AM
    The test shows up but I am not receiving any real notifications. The diagnostics page says I am connected. Any ideas? Using Mac Lion.
    Did you deny any permissions when installing the app? Double check all the permissions are on.
    08-21-13 08:01 AM
    Do the phone and PC have to be running on the same WiFi for this to work?
    No, you don't have to be on wifi, but you will need to open up port 23053 on your router/firewall to your PC.
    08-21-13 08:01 AM
    Great app, Shao. I do web and graphic design so am stuck on my computer for a huge chunk of the day. This is awesome.

Price is good. Install and config went fine.
    09-08-13 05:27 PM
    just downloaded this. very very nice app - just 2 questions - do you think it will ever be possible to reply via the pc/mac that recieves the growl alerts? i don't know if the growl framework allows this forgive my ignorance.

The other thing is can you expand it to alert on other message types e.g Skype, whatsapp etc?

thanks in advance, and again, many thanks for this excellent app! Almost makes up for much of what we lost in the 'upgrade' (ha) for bridge v2 -> v3.
    09-09-13 12:56 PM
    I believe Growl is open source, is it conceivable to port it to the playbook (or convert an android apk) and get notifications on it....or is there something that would technically prevent this.

Also will you be able to add bbm to this in a future release?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:29 AM
    hi Shao - quick question - in the growl notification events it has a subsection for bbm in the configuration app on osx. I know the app doesn't do BBM notifications currently, but is that there as something you are working on for the future?
    10-07-13 02:58 PM
    Any plans to add headless support? That would make this app go from a novelty to a super-useful thing for me (who are these people who can make sure an app stays one of 8 things open at all times throughout even one day? :-)
    04-13-14 12:21 AM