Does the Z10 or Q10 have a equivalent of Nokia sleeping screen? This is a feature I miss from symbian and meego. It's been introduced into windows phone now, but windows phone does not support hardware keyboards in any fashion.
    03-05-14 01:52 AM
    Is this what you're talking about?

If so, not that I'm aware of. It does have a bedside mode, which shows a dim clock on the screen while it's charging.
    03-05-14 02:40 AM
    Yes, pretty much I miss being able to see what time and if I have message just by looking over at it. Android has a similar feature now with daydream finally and windows phones have what they call glance on some of the Nokia phones, that is probably the most similar to Symbian Anna's version. I haven't been able to try glance as it's still not installed on the t-mobile's demo windows phone. Android's daydream try still doesn't work as the sleeping screen.
    03-05-14 11:05 AM
    I think the closest thing BlackBerry has to offer is the LED notification light and then a quick tap to see lock screen previews.

But correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Moto X have something kinda like this? I can't remember what it is called but for some reason the name 'Active Display' keeps coming to mind.
    03-05-14 11:15 AM
    Bedside mode, this only works when plugged in like android daydream? When enable does this just show up up on the screen instead of it just turning blank. Does it show up when the screen times out and lock-button? I imagine this would be a bit of a battery killer on the Z10 but the impact would be relatively minimal on the Q10 as it's AMOLED.

I am am frustrated with my android phone, so going to another android phone like the MotoX doesn't seem that appealing. However if I ever do get super burnt out of t-mobile I would probably looks at Republic Wireless. I think Republic Wireless is the only other US carrier that offer wi-fi calling and they only use the MotoX at the moment.
    03-05-14 01:57 PM