Just letting you guys know that there is NO native YouTube app. Only an YouTube icon that will take you to its mobile site on BB10's browser. It works similarly like the Twitter Icon on the Playbook.

Disappointed?
    I am.

Good luck Crackberrians.
    kndL likes this.
    01-30-13 03:39 PM
    Just go to the website! the browser is amazing and is better than any app.
    ibpluto and Lehomer like this.
    01-30-13 03:41 PM
    I prefer the browser on my PlayBook and if the browser is as good as advertised then I will continue to use the browser on BB10.
    moonfalle likes this.
    01-30-13 03:47 PM
    The mobile browser version works pretty well, that's what I've used on WP8. Also devs can develop there own You Tube app, for example MetroTube on WP8 is amazing and even better then Google's own native Android YouTube app. The same thing can be done on BB as well.
    01-30-13 03:53 PM
    I prefer the browser on my PlayBook and if the browser is as good as advertised then I will continue to use the browser on BB10.
    Agreed....I just go the site with my playbook...better than the app
    01-30-13 04:05 PM
    Oh no. No youtube app, whatever am I going to do.

Browser works for me.
    01-30-13 04:07 PM
    Bookmark Youtube.com to the home screen....you're welcome.
    01-30-13 04:08 PM
    **** yes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 04:08 PM
    I have also found the browser on PB more appealing to use, than the native app !
    01-30-13 04:10 PM
    Agreed....I just go the site with my playbook...better than the app
    Unless you want to browse another website while simultaneously playing something on YouTube. To clarify, on my Playbook, if I have Youtube running in the browser and then I go to open another tab as I want to look at another website, the initial tab with Youtube running will stop playing. But if you use the Youtube app, you can browse as many websites as you want while keeping Youtube playing.

So the question becomes, on BB10, can you have a window in the browser playing Youtube open while simultaneously have another tab open in the browser.
    01-30-13 04:15 PM
    The PlayBook browser is horrible if you have javascript enabled; slow speed and checker-boarding. I HOPE BB10 remedies this. A dedicated youtube app would be best. Doesn't PlayBook have a youtube app? I dont have my PB handy but I am pretty sure there is one.
    01-30-13 04:16 PM
    The PlayBook browser is horrible if you have javascript enabled; slow speed and checker-boarding. I HOPE BB10 remedies this. A dedicated youtube app would be best. Doesn't PlayBook have a youtube app? I dont have my PB handy but I am pretty sure there is one.
    What does java script have to do with youtube? The videos use flash. The app on the pb was just a shortcut.
    01-30-13 04:26 PM
    Unless you want to browse another website while simultaneously playing something on YouTube. To clarify, on my Playbook, if I have Youtube running in the browser and then I go to open another tab as I want to look at another website, the initial tab with Youtube running will stop playing. But if you use the Youtube app, you can browse as many websites as you want while keeping Youtube playing.

So the question becomes, on BB10, can you have a window in the browser playing Youtube open while simultaneously have another tab open in the browser.
    Why would you be "watching" something on YouTube and then want to leave it playing while you open another tab....I understand the whole music thing....but it has a media player...you can use that and surf the web right??
    01-30-13 04:34 PM
    What does java script have to do with youtube? The videos use flash. The app on the pb was just a shortcut.

You need it for the searching. If you try to go to youtube with Java turned off, it gives you crap.

That said, a "youtube app" is one that I never got the need of having an 'app for that'.
    01-30-13 04:35 PM
    Ah turn it on for search term, when done turn it off.
    01-30-13 04:50 PM
    strange my pb browser runs sweet its not my desktop level but its maybe couple secs slower than my pc browser.AInt had issues just works even on heavy sites with mad pics like verge.Must be internet speeds wifi spots that set it apart.I am a os2.0 buyer user I never used a PB beforehand.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-31-13 at 09:03 AM.
    01-30-13 05:21 PM
    Ah turn it on for search term, when done turn it off.
    Yes, but why should this be necessary? It's a PITA. That is the underlying issue. Turn off JavaScript just to have a good device experience? This is why My Storm 2 is now a Galaxy Nexus and we added a Kindle Fire HD to the PlayBook.

Nevertheless, if the BB10 browser is speedy, it will help solve the YouTube app short coming.
    01-30-13 05:56 PM
    Not sure why this one is an issue at all really, the mobile site works great on bb10 and an app would add little to nothing to the experience unlike something like g+ which is a much bigger absence since an app would be able to tie into the hub like fb and twitter.
    01-30-13 06:03 PM
    Yes, but why should this be necessary? It's a PITA. That is the underlying issue. Turn off JavaScript just to have a good device experience? This is why My Storm 2 is now a Galaxy Nexus and we added a Kindle Fire HD to the PlayBook.

Nevertheless, if the BB10 browser is speedy, it will help solve the YouTube app short coming.
    True but it is what is until BB10 is here for it. So if it bugs someone that much either let it continue to bug you or do a work around or do like you did.
    01-30-13 06:15 PM
    Got my z10 this morning. No specific youtube or ebay app but the browser is lightening quick and looks great so why would I want a memory clogging app?
    Lehomer likes this.
    02-02-13 11:43 AM
    Is there a way to upload videos from your z10? This was a convenient feature on my 9900 and well, all my phones.
    02-02-13 12:57 PM
    Why would you be "watching" something on YouTube and then want to leave it playing while you open another tab....I understand the whole music thing....but it has a media player...you can use that and surf the web right??
    Many of us use Youtube as a music player. There are many songs, especially foreign, that I will never find a decent mp3 (forget FLAC) for because they don't exist, and because Youtube to mp3 will be even worse quality than it already is on YT.
    02-02-13 02:51 PM
    Many of us use Youtube as a music player. There are many songs, especially foreign, that I will never find a decent mp3 (forget FLAC) for because they don't exist, and because Youtube to mp3 will be even worse quality than it already is on YT.
    There is a Firefox plug in that enables YT downloads - as videos and as mp3's. There are also 'what you hear' sound recorders which are also free and enable you to make mp3's from whatever YT item you are playing on your computer. With this ability available, using YT as a player seems very awkward....just saying....
    02-02-13 03:00 PM
    I'm using the Android YouTube app sideloaded at the moment, which works fine.
    fragment137 likes this.
    02-02-13 06:14 PM
    One would expect RIM/BB to make their own YouTube app much like the on on the PlayBook...
    02-02-13 07:53 PM
42 12