With regards to the App situation.. There doesn't seem to be any New Big Name apps or Games coming out in BB10 lately. .

The app situation clearly has been quiet except for the ported Viber a few weeks/months ago..

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    05-26-14 01:52 PM
    Did you honestly expect them?
    Seeing as BlackBerry hasn't exactly increased their market share, why would developers all of a sudden start to bring their apps over?
    You should operate under the assumption that 'what you see is what you get'.
    05-26-14 01:59 PM
    With the ability to run a significant number of Android apps on BBRY 10.2.1 and above, I don't know that we will be seeing much native "big name" apps. Unfortunately, BlackBerry's marketshare is just not at the point where developers believe it is worth their while (time and investment) to develop exclusively for the platform.
    05-26-14 02:02 PM
    Indeed it has.. even games has slowed down. :/
    05-26-14 02:09 PM
    That sucks

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 02:20 PM
    Its just sad.. infact I find myself seldom going to blackberry world anymore.. wish there really was an easy fix.. no not the android method.. the native way..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 02:40 PM
    it sucks but the 3rd party devs are taking care of that. There is a fully features tinder and flickr client. There a fully features instagram, snapchat, tumblr and etc.

I really wished Easily.Do worked on BB10 since its a productivity beast and it needs to be on a productivity phone. Not even the APK works on 10.3 with 296/SDK android runtime not sure about 10.2.1 though. But on 10.3 it force closes every 10 sec
    05-26-14 03:34 PM
    it sucks but the 3rd party devs are taking care of that. There is a fully features tinder and flickr client. There a fully features instagram, snapchat, tumblr and etc.
    I love Flowr (Flickr Client), but it is nowhere near as fully featured. And it will probably never be, just because the Flickr API is limited at certain points. There is not really anything we/he can do about it.

I see more problems in the future than in the present. Sure, a lot of apps are missing right now, but most android ports work well enough to be somewhat satisfied. What really baffles me is new technology, new things (like Air Drones, WiFi home cameras, shutter remote apps for cameras etc) and new ideas. All of them need apps to control some functionality, and they only release apps for iphone/android. The world gets more and more digital, there is an app for everything, but we don't get them over on BB10. And a lot of them are using libraries that are not supported by BB10...
    05-27-14 05:24 AM
    Just what New Big Name apps are you actually missing??

R...

With regards to the App situation.. There doesn't seem to be any New Big Name apps or Games coming out in BB10 lately. .

The app situation clearly has been quiet except for the ported Viber a few weeks/months ago..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:41 AM
    I love Flowr (Flickr Client), but it is nowhere near as fully featured. And it will probably never be, just because the Flickr API is limited at certain points. There is not really anything we/he can do about it.

I see more problems in the future than in the present. Sure, a lot of apps are missing right now, but most android ports work well enough to be somewhat satisfied. What really baffles me is new technology, new things (like Air Drones, WiFi home cameras, shutter remote apps for cameras etc) and new ideas. All of them need apps to control some functionality, and they only release apps for iphone/android. The world gets more and more digital, there is an app for everything, but we don't get them over on BB10. And a lot of them are using libraries that are not supported by BB10...
    It's sad, there is a program coming out that automatically turns your android app into an iphone app and vise versa. so it's only going to get worse

Windows will bw next since they are getting big names like tinder and Spotify.

To me it looks like BlackBerry is doing nothing to solve the the problem. There is a wondows 8 dev that is in charge of the "6" series like 6tag, 6cloud, 6snap, 6sec, 6tindr and etc. Microsoft is rewarding him and made a personal feature lockscreen update just for him personally. Now that's how you treat a top notch dev.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:45 AM
    Supposedly Bank of America on 29th. As long as it's not a browser button, that's a big deal, at least in the US!
    05-27-14 08:55 AM