I will be upgrading my z10 this weekend to a new z30. When I was in the Verizon store, they were trying to convince me to pick up an Android based device, one of their selling points, was the ability to pay using NFC using an app on the device.

https://www.paywithisis.com/

Here is the link to the application. Apparently all you need is an NFC enabled device and SIM card along with this application installed.
    even though it is available in the Google Play store, I cannot locate it using Snap.
    Does anyone have additional information on this application at all?
    Does someone have the APK file that I can install on my device?
    02-04-14 07:19 AM
    Just to update, this app is available for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
    When I tried to contact ISIS, they directed me to contact the providers 800 number for assistance.

https://www.paywithisis.com/contact.html
    02-04-14 09:23 AM
    ISIS only works with select models, so I am not sure if the sideloaded .apk (well I am pretty sure) will work for you. Also, there is a list of what type of cards and financial institutions.
    02-04-14 09:48 AM
    Yeah, I am more interested if the APK file will work on the NFC enabled BB10 devices,
    I already have the proper account according to the website, I just need the app now.

It seems like the devices on the list (for Verizon) are the Android devices with NFC that are the popular sellers,
    I want to show them that BB10 devices are just as powerful and more secure than an Android device,

Now, how to get this APK file is another story...
    02-04-14 09:53 AM
    I will be upgrading my z10 this weekend to a new z30. When I was in the Verizon store, they were trying to convince me to pick up an Android based device, one of their selling points, was the ability to pay using NFC using an app on the device.

https://www.paywithisis.com/

Here is the link to the application. Apparently all you need is an NFC enabled device and SIM card along with this application installed.
    even though it is available in the Google Play store, I cannot locate it using Snap.
    Does anyone have additional information on this application at all?
    Does someone have the APK file that I can install on my device?
    If you get this thing to work please post solution, the biggest miss by BB since installing NFC hardware is not haveing app support for it. If you can pay for Sh&% securely with your phone its a game changer, JMO
    02-04-14 09:57 AM
    I have the correct SIM and I've tried multiple versions of the apk... always get an error saying "unable to install this app". It seems to do all sorts of internal checks of the phone it's loading on. It took the xda community quite a bit of time to get it working on rooted "supported" phones.

A company called Proxama is supposed to be building a BB10 version of the app (press release about it in Oct 2013).
    02-04-14 10:01 AM
    If you get this thing to work please post solution, the biggest miss by BB since installing NFC hardware is not haveing app support for it. If you can pay for Sh&% securely with your phone its a game changer, JMO

This has nothing to do with NFC support. This has to do with the sideloading of an Android app and it working properly....which it doesn't.
    02-04-14 10:35 AM
    This has nothing to do with NFC support. This has to do with the sideloading of an Android app and it working properly....which it doesn't.
    I kind of agree with Jimberry. Yes, this app doesn't work (and since it's not in Appworld it isn't really "supposed" to), but where's the alternate, better choice, native BB app we can use instead.

I've only decided to struggle to try to get Isis and/or Google Wallet working because BlackBerry doesn't have an option for me. I'd like to use NFC on my Z10 for mobile payments (other than Tim Hortons which are few and far between outside Canada) - what are my options through BlackBerry supported functionality?
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    02-04-14 11:12 AM
    A company called Proxama is supposed to be building a BB10 version of the app (press release about it in Oct 2013).
    02-04-14 11:21 AM
    Did you just quote me without quoting me?

As an aside, I contacted Proxama about status of this app earlier in the week and I haven't had a reply.
    02-04-14 11:27 AM
    I kind of agree with Jimberry. Yes, this app doesn't work (and since it's not in Appworld it isn't really "supposed" to), but where's the alternate, better choice, native BB app we can use instead.

I've only decided to struggle to try to get Isis and/or Google Wallet working because BlackBerry doesn't have an option for me. I'd like to use NFC on my Z10 for mobile payments (other than Tim Hortons which are few and far between outside Canada) - what are my options through BlackBerry supported functionality?

Better choice for what? ISIS is a closed system right now. It works with select devices, on select carriers. What do you expect them to do? You want to pay with NFC? Get yourself a Visa card and open a CIBC account and switch to Rogers. Done. Otherwise, your problem is with cc companies and banks.
    02-04-14 11:32 AM
    Better choice for what? ISIS is a closed system right now. It works with select devices, on select carriers. What do you expect them to do? You want to pay with NFC? Get yourself a Visa card and open a CIBC account and switch to Rogers. Done. Otherwise, your problem is with cc companies and banks.
    Isis isn't really closed anymore. On Verizon, it works on 22 devices - pretty much all NFC enabled devices except BlackBerry. If Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Pantech, Kyocera, and Casio can all offer it, I don't blame the carrier.

As an aside, if I still lived in Canada I would do just what you suggest. Rogers isn't an optimal service provider in the U.S., and CIBC raises some tax/residency concerns.
    02-04-14 11:46 AM
    We are waiting on Isis to release the app developed for then by their contract development partner Proxama.

Proxama does not release nay information about the app since they are only contracted to implement and develop it for BlackBerry phones.

Isis does not say anything other than "it's coming soon" or "stay tuned".

They have no customer relations email or phone number. Their only contact is twitter.

They do not reply to media inquiries asking about the BlackBerry app status.

You can try to call your carrier's Isis support. They will not have anything else to say most likely other than coming soon.

I called Verizon last week and the rep stated the internal document was updated 1/26/14 and says Coming Soon for BlackBerry and Windows Phone in red text.

Who knows when we will get it though. I'm appalled that they created an entire NFC case and microSD solution for iPhone before they released apps for all phones with NFC integrated. It's *** backwards.

Posted via CB10
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    02-04-14 09:18 PM
    OniBerry,
    Yes, I could open an account with CIBC and switch over to Rogers to take advantage of the NFC payment system. Though that would also mean I need to relocate my entire family to another country. Not really an option.

Peter0328,
    I would have to agree with you as well. Verizon doesn't give information about their releases in a timely manner. The notion of "Coming soon" is an endless revolving door that doesn't answer the question.

It would look like my original question of "does this APK file work" was indeed answered by jonty12. The APK file loaded does not work due to some internal system checks that fail on the BB device.
    Thank you all,
    02-05-14 07:52 AM
    OniBerry,
    Yes, I could open an account with CIBC and switch over to Rogers to take advantage of the NFC payment system. Though that would also mean I need to relocate my entire family to another country. Not really an option.

Peter0328,
    I would have to agree with you as well. Verizon doesn't give information about their releases in a timely manner. The notion of "Coming soon" is an endless revolving door that doesn't answer the question.

It would look like my original question of "does this APK file work" was indeed answered by jonty12. The APK file loaded does not work due to some internal system checks that fail on the BB device.
    Thank you all,
    02-05-14 07:53 AM
    OniBerry,

Peter0328,

Thank you all,

Sorry, my response was to Jonty12.
    02-05-14 07:56 AM
    So at the moment, we have nothing?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:26 AM
    And if you don't live in Canada? BB worked closely with Rodgers and CIBC to get that app to market. Tunnel vision thinking if you ask me.
    02-10-14 07:23 AM
    Depending on where you live there are other options.

Anyways, in NorAm NFC payments are still in their infancy. There is no panacea. If you don't live in Canada, then it really doesn't matter who Rogers and CIBC and BlackBerry decide to work with? Right? Seems like they wanted to try something new. How can that be tunnel vision? It's a pilot project.

You need some cheese to go with that whine?
    02-10-14 08:12 AM
    A mobile wallet app is the only app I'm waiting for now from BlackBerry. I check everyday haha I can't wait to buy things with my phone again. It's so hassle free

Posted via CB10
    cheadlender likes this.
    02-24-14 09:37 AM