This is meant for the sports fans using the Score Mobile app.

As you know this is a great sports app with great real time push alerts. The blackberry 7 version was much much better as it allowed live pushing of all sports leagues and the major soccer leagues. Scoremobile FC, the app dedicated for worldwide soccer leagues was not ported over to BB10 so I was forced to install the Android version. Unfortunately it had no push alerts.

I emailed support today wondering if a BB10 version of FC was forthcoming or if there was a way to get push alerts on BlackBerry since the latest OS included Android app compatibility. Here is their reply;

" Unfortunately push alerts of SMFC have not been working for some time. In all honesty we will be phasing out SMFC support completely in the coming months, and we will be moving a select number of leagues into our main app, The Score Mobile. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I recommend that you look into trying out our main app after we have made the switch"

That answers many questions for me and while I will continue to use the main app for hockey and other sports. I will be deleting the Android version of the Scoremobile FC app and look to other soccer specific apps with push notification.

Hope some of you found this useful, especially the soccer fans among us.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-04-14 07:26 PM
    Interesting info. I always downloaded the Score app but rarely used it. I finally deleted it because I have NFL Mobile and Hockey Central. I guess that's all I really need anyway.

Great news for soccer fans though!
    02-04-14 07:41 PM