Do you want Applications for the application?
    I maked new world where we can share our apps.
    Will be interest?
    05-11-20 01:56 PM
    You might want to join up with this guy... https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13513967

Or some of the others that have promised much the same... but never delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I think many here would love to see a way to get apps if BBW ever goes away. It's just that so many others have promised and never delivered. And it's become clear just how much effort it would take.
    05-12-20 08:33 AM
    The app is quite done.
    I want known if will be interest?
    05-12-20 01:35 PM
    bb9900user2018 and dpgo like this.
    05-12-20 02:08 PM
    The app looks good!
    I'm just wondering are you also going to work on the server-side? There should be a place where to store all .bar/.apk files.
    And what about a web version? We need a place where we could upload apps. Besides, downloading a .bar file from a phone is pretty useless to me, for some reason you can install only .apk files on the phone. So the service definitely needs some web ui.
    05-13-20 02:34 AM
    The app is quite done.
    Can you leave a link where we can download the bar file of your appstore?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-20 03:16 AM
    The app is quite done.
    I'd go ahead and add some of the Apps that have been released here on CrackBerry by developers....
    Get with the few developers working on new Apps and add those as well....

Question will be how will you cover your Server and Bandwidth cost? Are you going to be charging or doing it via donations. As that might affect how some developers view your addition of their apps.

But for now I'd post a link and let folks try it out and build some interest in it.
    05-13-20 07:46 AM
    The app looks good!
    I'm just wondering are you also going to work on the server-side? There should be a place where to store all .bar/.apk files.
    And what about a web version? We need a place where we could upload apps. Besides, downloading a .bar file from a phone is pretty useless to me, for some reason you can install only .apk files on the phone. So the service definitely needs some web ui.
    There is no way to install a bar file without having to provide full access to an unknown remote server via a VPN.

That is why we are stuck with sideloading.
    05-13-20 08:41 AM
    The app is quite done.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    05-13-20 08:42 AM
    @PepikVaio Hit me up, this looks excellent. Happy to host this on my domain and host a backend for it if there is one. Interesting timing all things considered
    05-13-20 09:39 AM
    Given we have BB app manager as an extension for Chrome, what stopping us from running a local web server on the device and basically create a loop back that does the same thing as the extension locally?
    05-13-20 09:44 AM
    I'd go ahead and add some of the Apps that have been released here on CrackBerry by developers....
    Get with the few developers working on new Apps and add those as well....

Question will be how will you cover your Server and Bandwidth cost? Are you going to be charging or doing it via donations. As that might affect how some developers view your addition of their apps.

But for now I'd post a link and let folks try it out and build some interest in it.
    Are there apps not existing on BlackBerry World released here?
    Could you tell me which are those...i know BBtube and Bird10. Any else?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-20 10:41 AM
    Are there apps not existing on BlackBerry World released here?
    Could you tell me which are those...i know BBtube and Bird10. Any else?

Posted via CB10
    Look at the link that Conite posted....

Not saying those developers have given up all rights... but if your store is going to be free, I doubt they would care.
    05-13-20 11:07 AM
    Not BB10, but PlayBook.... some might work for both. But this guy had a nice little stash of almost 400 apps.... https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13514650

Loading them, making sure they work, providing a description for a store page.... huge effort of love.
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    05-13-20 02:59 PM
    The app looks good!
    This is web version.
    A "New" world for apps.-sn-mek-z-2020-05-14-17-23-57.png
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-14-20 10:30 AM
    This is web version.
    Enough with the tease.....
    05-14-20 02:05 PM
    This is web version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snímek z 2020-05-14 17-23-57.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	448466
    Hey, could you release the bar file or send across the project? I'd already started working on a similar project but you're obviously several steps ahead of me so i'd be eager to get to check our your work. thanks.
    05-14-20 03:32 PM
    Hey, could you release the bar file or send across the project? I'd already started working on a similar project but you're obviously several steps ahead of me so i'd be eager to get to check our your work. thanks.
    Give me time to Sunday please.
    05-14-20 03:34 PM
    No rush, if you need any development assistance please let me know. Happy to help out, and again, great work.
    dpgo likes this.
    05-14-20 03:36 PM
    Given we have BB app manager as an extension for Chrome, what stopping us from running a local web server on the device and basically create a loop back that does the same thing as the extension locally?
    Good question, I wonder..

Just a suggestion, I was thinking an Open Search description would be useful, that way search is right in the assistant or browser url, or could be start of an rdf for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-20 05:54 PM
    Kiwi browser supports chrome extensions, I don't think it would work to install bar file but I never tried it lol.

Is this app only a list of web shortcuts?
    05-14-20 06:20 PM
    Kiwi browser supports chrome extensions, I don't think it would work to install bar file but I never tried it lol.

Is this app only a list of web shortcuts?
    I've tried to add the BB10 PlayBook extension on my Passport using Kiwi but it just gets stuck on "Checking" during the download process and just won't install.
    dpgo likes this.
    05-14-20 08:25 PM
    Hey, how are things looking? I'm curious to know more about you implementation!
    05-19-20 05:45 AM
    Do people here remember that application called "sideswype"
    It actually gave a better option, one could install bar files directly through the device without having to attach the device to a computer. Perhaps you technical minds can find a workaround for it, it seems to be dead now but could you think of an app giving the same service. It would make sideloading the bar files quite easier and faster.
    05-19-20 07:39 AM
    Do people here remember that application called "sideswype"
    It actually gave a better option, one could install bar files directly through the device without having to attach the device to a computer. Perhaps you technical minds can find a workaround for it, it seems to be dead now but could you think of an app giving the same service. It would make sideloading the bar files quite easier and faster.
    Yes. And you had to provide full device access to an unknown party via vpn. Bad idea.
    05-19-20 07:46 AM
96 123 ...