Any advance on being able to upload pictures?

You used HOW much lube?
    05-28-13 09:13 AM
    Really liking the app but unfortunately it's not the greatest to look at on the Q10 - timeline takes up a ton of space, mostly due to the large banner on the top. Any chance of shrinking things a bit and/or losing the top banner to make for easier viewing on the Q10?
    Hmmm, I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do

Any advance on being able to upload pictures?
    I've tried a few libraries and ideas and talked with some other developers, but no it's not working yet. I've actually been holding off on the latest release, hoping again to sneak photos in there... but I'll still probably submit it in a few days, as it has a ton of little changes that are pretty neat.

And if anyone knows of a pure javascript library (that's the catch it seems, as it exists in other environments and languages) which can handle Twitter's update_with_media as a function call, please gimmee a shout
    05-30-13 11:28 AM
    Version 1.1.25 submitted for approval. Tons of neat and helpful tweaks, including:

Your favorited tweets are shaded in pink:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-favorite.png

Tap on someone's location in their profile to map it in BlackBerry maps:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-map.png
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-waterloo.png

Option to "peek" (show icons only) instead of "show" (show icons and text) context menus:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-peek.png

Ability to quote a tweet when replying:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-quotedreply.png

Buttons to move to top or bottom of user lists:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-topbottom.png

Option to display @username along with name:
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-usernames.png

Per user request, an option for Extra Small font, which might help with the smaller Q10 display as well. I'm looking into other ways to make viewing on the Q10 easier too.
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-smallfont.png

There are also lots of behind-the-scenes changes to fix some things I'd noticed, such as images not always loading as quickly as I'd like. The entire app should feel a bit more polished now, with a Splash Screen, resized icons, more consistent icons, etc.

Update on the abilty uploading photos: still working on it, but I think I'm seeing the proverbial light at the end of the javascript tunnel. I've found some help, and I think we'll have it soon.

As always, if you find a bug or have a suggestion, feel free to email me at: [email protected].

The official changelog:

Added in version 1.1.25

* Upgraded to newer bbUI framework for improved image loading and better compability with BB10.1 and Q10
    * Users you follow are now shaded in blue in user lists
    * Usernames are shown in @username format throughout app
    * Tapping a profile image opens a user's profile throughout app
    * Added splash screen at startup
    * Favorited tweets are shaded in pink
    * Added option to show @usernames in Tweet lists
    * Resized app icon to BlackBerry 10 standard
    * Resized icons to match BlackBerry 10 standards
    * Direct Message buttons now remain visible
    * Following/Follower button counts update when viewing user and closing a Find
    * Protected @usernames shown in red
    * Tap a location in a profile to Map it
    * Added Follow/Unfollow button to Profile view
    * Loading 50 instead of 100 items per query
    * Option to Peek or Show context menus
    * Added Conversations search to show everything to and from @username (replaces User Search)
    * Updated Search, List and Trends list icons to be consistent
    * Timestamps for tweets newer than an hour shown in red
    * Added scroll to Top and Bottom buttons to user lists
    * Clear field button in Find, Search and List edit fields
    * Location and Web shown on seperate lines in Profile
    * Closing your own Profile no longer causes a Timeline refresh
    * Consistent heading banners in Profile and Options
    * New tweet shading based on ID (not date) for more accuracy
    * Option to include quote when replying
    * Direct Messages sent by you show the @username sent to
    * Improved list updating and feedback when changing a List or Search
    * Added Extra Small option for Font Size
    * Messages list now shows sent messages right-justified
    06-01-13 03:48 PM
    Great stuff. Look forward to the picture upload facility. Still won't realistically go back until that's sorted.

You used HOW much lube?
    06-02-13 01:02 AM
    Are there any similar updates in the pipeline for the Playbook version?
    06-02-13 06:51 PM
    Are there any similar updates in the pipeline for the Playbook version?
    Sure, I'm actually trying to port the whole BB10 1.1.25 version to the PlayBook right now. Give me a couple days to work out the cosmetic oddities, and hopefully you'll see it submitted for approval this week
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-02-13 10:06 PM
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-img_00000061.png

This is what happens if the last thing you did was perform a search. Every time I open the app now it re-attempts the last search and I get this error before I could navigate to the Home timeline...

Posted via CB10

[edit] Nevermind...stopped receiving the error.
    Last edited by Jim Barilla; 06-03-13 at 04:48 PM.
    06-03-13 03:18 PM
    I just downloaded this because there were two things about Blaq that kind of irked me... The blank active frame and no hub notifications. This has those and more so I'm pretty happy so far. Add a dark theme and that will be the last thing on my wish list. Good job!
    06-03-13 03:54 PM
    This is what happens if the last thing you did was perform a search. Every time I open the app now it re-attempts the last search and I get this error before I could navigate to the Home timeline...

[edit] Nevermind...stopped receiving the error.
    Glad it stopped

I can't explain that one, especially since most of my in-app error reporting will show the function title in the error message so I have an idea where the problem occurred. That kinda looks like the Browser couldn't render the page for some reason... like maybe low on memory, etc.?

Do you know what might have fixed it? Did you restart the phone? Close other apps, etc.?
    06-03-13 05:40 PM
    Sure, I'm actually trying to port the whole BB10 1.1.25 version to the PlayBook right now. Give me a couple days to work out the cosmetic oddities, and hopefully you'll see it submitted for approval this week
    Nice One! Thanks !
    06-03-13 07:54 PM
    Release 1.1.28 submitted for approval. The biggest (though invisible) change was integrating the code with the PlayBook version so that releases for both can occur at nearly the same time now.

But I also added in some new features, including a Retweeted view which shows you tweets of yours which have been retweeted by others, and a Retweets view which shows you retweets of the last viewed tweet.

New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-retweeted30.png

To view the retweets of a tweet, just tap on the tweet then tap Retweets:

New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-retweets30.png

You can also show the Retweets count next to the @username (you can turn this off in Options), as well as the item count (tweets or users, depending on what you're viewing) in the Title Bar (you can turn this off in Options as well):

New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-headings30.png

A very similar version was also submitted for the PlayBook.
    06-07-13 10:53 PM
    Cheers.

Still not able to UL pix? Love Willow, but simply cannot use it until such a time you can.

You used HOW much lube?
    06-08-13 12:21 AM
    Hey I recently decided to try willow and for the most part it's impressive but we definitely need the photo support. Also, how does one select a tweet and retweet it?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:22 PM
    Just downloaded the app. I'm trying to figure out how to add multiple accounts. Please show me how to do that. Thanks.
    06-10-13 11:13 AM
    Just downloaded the app. I'm trying to figure out how to add multiple accounts. Please show me how to do that. Thanks.
    Swipe down from the top bezel, tap Accounts, tap Add
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-10-13 11:28 AM
    Also, how does one select a tweet and retweet it?
    Tap the desired tweet (which opens the Context Menu), then tap Retweet (to use Twitter's built-in Retweet function) or Retweet Custom (if you want to add a comment and do it the "old school way").
    06-10-13 11:31 AM
    Still not able to UL pix? Love Willow, but simply cannot use it until such a time you can.
    Understood, but you're also likely to continue seeing releases with other improvements and features while I work on uploading photos. I try to accumulate the easier feature requests and get them out in releases ASAP. Things like photos and a dark theme are being worked on, but are taking a bit longer
    06-10-13 11:38 AM
    Twitter changed their API today, which broke the ability to post tweets from Willow.

My sincere apologies for missing that one. I'll submit a fix to BlackBerry for approval tonight. Everything else should work fine, it's just a problem with posting tweets.
    06-11-13 06:19 PM
    Twitter changed their API today, which broke the ability to post tweets from Willow.

My sincere apologies for missing that one. I'll submit a fix to BlackBerry for approval tonight. Everything else should work fine, it's just a problem with posting tweets.
    A fix (version 1.1.29) for the tweeting error was submitted to BlackBerry for approval. Hopefully it'll be approved soon
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-11-13 06:52 PM
    Yes, this is the error I keep getting.
    New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-img_00000077.png

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    06-12-13 05:49 PM
    Yes, this is the error I keep getting.
    Yup, that's the one. A fixed version was submitted to BB yesterday... just waiting for them to approve it
    06-12-13 05:56 PM
    Version 1.1.29, fixing the tweeting issue, is now available for download from BlackBerry World. All should be well again
    06-13-13 06:16 AM
    Any update on being to upload pictures?

Still a no-no for me until such time that you can.
    06-13-13 09:17 AM
    Any update on being to upload pictures?
    See below Image uploading working at last!

I still have to clean up a number of things and test things some more (just got it working today), but I'm hoping to submit a release with it within a week You'll also see lots of other suggestions being addressed, including a smaller title bar, improved Find, proper Retweet display format, higher-resolution user images, Conversation View between just you and another user, etc.

New twitter client "Willow" available for BB10-img_00000117b.png
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-20-13 10:03 PM
    Do you need to purchase the app twice for z10 and PlayBook? Or does one purchase give you access on both devices?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:20 PM
166 12345 ...