Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of native RSS Hub application. It iss feature-rich Native RSS News Reader with support for offline reading, in-app browser, feeds autodiscovery, subscribing to news based on keywords, backup/restore function, importing feeds from Feedly or other cloud services.

Provides both stunning Dark and Bright themes, LED notifications, integration with BlackBerry Hub notifications, support for media content, background updates, dynamic covers when minimized on home screen and much more.

No online accounts or registration is necessary!

Price is only 0.99$ and it is Built For Blackberry:

• Subscribe to your favourite RSS feeds. Just type in web site address and application will discover feeds automatically
    • Add feed directly from the browser
    • Import feeds from Feedly, Google Reader, Digg or other online RSS readers. Backup/restore function.
    • Provides "Reader View" for offline reading of news articles and "Web View" for viewing articles and media content when online
    • Custom LED notification colours, feed icons and much more
    • Download feed content, images and articles for offline reading in background
    • Subscribe to RSS feeds based on your search criteria
    • When application is minimized on home screen dynamic cover will show images and titles of the latest news
    • Fetch feeds in background
    • Customize font sizes
    • Organize your feeds into groups or mark as favourites
    • Customize notifications for your subscriptions
    • Support for favicons
    • A lot of personalization settings to customize look-and-feel and behaviour of the application
    • Use out-of-box RSS subscriptions
    • Full support for Q10/Q5
    • Share news
    • And even more!

Check this out:
    BlackBerry World - RSS Hub

Please see some screenshots below:

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-1.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-2.jpg

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-3.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-4.jpg

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-5.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-6.jpg

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-7.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-8.jpg

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-9.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-10.jpg

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-11.jpg New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-12.jpg

As a developer i would really appreciate any feedback
    Last edited by z10developer; 09-26-13 at 06:42 PM.
    07-11-13 11:28 AM
    Not found

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:33 AM
    Thanks for prompt response! Sorry, i've fixed url. Now it should be good.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:49 AM
    Thanks for prompt response! Sorry, i've fixed url. Now it should be good.

Posted via CB10
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

I can find it, FYI:
    New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000620.png

This is how you CB10, son!
    07-11-13 01:05 PM
    Just for clarification, with your application, is there no need to have an account with something like the former Google Reader? That is, RSS feeds can simply be entered into the app and don't require users to register for some other online reader to have the app work, e.g., Feeddler RSS Reader on iOS. If so, then that is phenomenal.
    07-11-13 01:30 PM
    Yes,you are right you don't need any online accounts. It also provides some unique features like creating rss feed using your search criteria, but again no online account necessary.

Beside that it supports offline mode, custom notifications, background updates and more

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 01:42 PM
    Post a video if you can. Thanks.
    07-11-13 01:55 PM
    Great suggestion! I'll prepare a video soon
    Meanwhile i've posted some screenshots

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 01:57 PM
    Hi z10developer... I downloaded your app even before I saw this post. Some quick observations:
    - I have difficulty reading the rss summaries due to the grey text on white background (using Q10)
    - When expanding a summary, it moves, so if you want to read it by tapping on it, it is somewhat inconvenient. The text should expand downward, not upward.
    - The formatting of full articles could use some work - when I have trouble, I do open in the web browser, which is a good feature. It would be nice to be able to adjust font size here.

But overall it is a good effort - there is no ideal rss app for me yet for bb10, so I am grateful to add another contender.

Bob
    07-11-13 04:39 PM
    Hi Bob,
    Appreciate your feedback. Update for q10 is already submitted and just waiting for BlackBerry World approval. This update fixes q10 look and feel issues of the app: scrolling issues, presentation (bright theme is used for q10 so it will look like on z10).

Text rendering, font size and some other features are included in next release which will be rolled out this weekend, but it will take some time for BlackBerry to approve it.

I initially developed this app for myself as I really addicted to news, and I still have have a lot of features in my mind

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 04:54 PM
    Yeah, I am a news addict too. I have every rss app that has been released on BB10. I think yours is the only one to do offline reading, and I'm looking forward to your Q10 tweaks!

Bob

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:18 PM
    New release with fixes for q10 is available now!

Please check BlackBerry World!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:49 AM
    Wow this app looks amazing! Just what I was looking for. Can't wait for Verizon to update to 10.1 so I can download it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:57 AM
    Actually, it works for 10.0 as well. Let me know if you have any troubles accessing it via BlackBerry World,as I can contact them to clarify any issues with downloading it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:14 AM
    Ha! You just merged all of the useless generated apps together into something that is actually useful, nice.
    07-13-13 12:01 AM
    Hi Guys,

As promised, new release of the RSS Hub is submitted to BlackBerry World. Considering how quick they approve new releases, it should be available for public later this week.

Just to give you heads up on what to expect in this release:

• Great improvement for text rendering in article view. Now text presented much nicer with support of hyperlinks and text formatting
    • Change font size dynamically using slider in feed view
    • Change font size dynamically using slider in article view independently of font size in feed view
    • Full support for Q10/Q5
    • Added new "Sport" category
    • Bug fixes

Below some screenshots for new features, but i still own a video

Changing font size:

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000121.jpg
    New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000122.jpg
    New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000120.jpg

New text rendering in article view:

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000119.jpg
    New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000118.jpg

"Sport" category:

New release of native RSS Hub app with with support for offline reading and much more.-img_00000123.jpg

I'm really appreciate feedback i've got from you, and working hard for the next release which will have such features as feeds grouping, feed search, and more!

P.S.: For those who have already bought the app, i've made convenient menu "Rate the App"
    Mecca EL and navikun like this.
    07-15-13 01:42 AM
    Is there a trick to adding RSS feeds? Or perhaps, I am being clueless, but when I go to add a new RSS feed, all I see is a blank screen, i.e., the feeds don't appear. For example, I am trying to add the following feed:

American Psychological Association News Feed
    American Psychological Association Recent Press Releases

and

Harm Reduction Journal
    Harm Reduction Journal - Latest Articles

And just a blank screen appears once I press the add button. For reference, I am on the most newest build of the app - I just updated it now. And using a Z-10, Rogers, with the latest official OS - not a leaked version.
    07-15-13 01:46 PM
    Awesome app! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:50 PM
    Is there a trick to adding RSS feeds? Or perhaps, I am being clueless, but when I go to add a new RSS feed, all I see is a blank screen, i.e., the feeds don't appear. For example, I am trying to add the following feed:

American Psychological Association News Feed
    American Psychological Association Recent Press Releases

and

Harm Reduction Journal
    Harm Reduction Journal - Latest Articles

And just a blank screen appears once I press the add button. For reference, I am on the most newest build of the app - I just updated it now. And using a Z-10, Rogers, with the latest official OS - not a leaked version.
    Let me try it I'll let you know

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:58 PM
    Hi Darlaten,

I've verified links you provided. It doesn't work for me as well... Majority of feeds from news sites work fine.. in example http://feeds.sciencedaily.com/scienc...ain/psychology

But feeds from www.apa.org cause some issues.... I've already submitted another release which fixes those issues, so after BlackBerry World approval you will get an update that enables your feeds.

I'm really sorry for that. it is impossible to test application under all circumstances... but anyway if you can't wait for update I can reimburse money spent

Thanks,
    Philip

Posted via CB10
    Darlaten likes this.
    07-15-13 04:19 PM
    Awesome app! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Actually, the fact that people like what I'm doing drives development of the app. My current plan is to release new updates every week , so you'll see a lot of cool features.

My end goal is create the best RSS reader for BlackBerry 10

BlackBerry 10 platform is a great one, I'm looking forward for OS 10.2

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:53 PM
    Hi Darlaten,

I've verified links you provided. It doesn't work for me as well... Majority of feeds from news sites work fine.. in example ScienceDaily: Psychology News

But feeds from American Psychological Association (APA) cause some issues.... I've already submitted another release which fixes those issues, so after BlackBerry World approval you will get an update that enables your feeds.

I'm really sorry for that. it is impossible to test application under all circumstances... but anyway if you can't wait for update I can reimburse money spent

Thanks,
    Philip

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for looking into this; I appreciate it. By the way, does it matter if you include the "http://" portion of the URL address or can we just go straight to the "www" portion when adding a new feed? As for the refund, that will not be necessary. I like the app and I certainly appreciate developers who take the time to work on applications for BB.
    07-15-13 05:03 PM
    Currently you need to add http:// in front of feed url, but in release which fixes issues with your feed I would add it automatically if prefix is not present.

Appreciate your patience!

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    07-15-13 05:13 PM
    Hey Z10developer. Thanks for being proactive. It's nice to see apps get fixed. It seems to be a thing with bb10 apps.
    z10developer likes this.
    07-15-13 07:50 PM
    I'm a news junkie too, but not on my Z10. Maybe this will change that.
    07-15-13 07:54 PM
382 123 ...