Recently I have started making a PushBullet client for Blackberry 10. PushBullet is an amazing service that let your device communicate with your PC (or even an another device).
    Check this .
    The development of the application is going fine, but it's a still at its early stages and far even from a pre-alpha. I would like to know what you guys think and if you have any question or suggestion. You can post here on this thread or directly live chat with me on my BBM Channel

Last edited by daljit97; 07-19-14 at 08:10 AM.
    07-19-14 06:25 AM
    I would already be happy with just the option to push text/urls between Dekstop and BB10. I already have an app that goes one-way, but not the other. That is an option I am missing quite often.

All the other options PushBullet has... well I would rather have a more limited application that did not require any additional account settings, that just works out-of-the-box.
    But I bet if you can actually incorporate all those options, a lot of people would gladly use your appplication!
    07-19-14 07:12 AM
    This is a simple screenshot of the application. (It's a prototype and not the final UI)
    A new native PushBullet client is coming soon...-img_20140719_115502.png

Follow my BBM channel
    07-19-14 07:19 AM
    you know i'm here if you need anything. Idea wise/testing. [email protected]
    I know this app in and out.

iffft is a must though :P

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdates-937854/
    07-19-14 10:58 AM
    you know i'm here if you need anything. Idea wise/testing. [email protected]
    I know this app in and out.

iffft is a must though :P

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdates-937854/
    Yes, thank you. I will probably do a closed beta test before the release. One thing I would need is some screenshots of the android version (there aren't many on the Internet). If someone has, please send me them at [email protected].

Follow my BBM channel
    07-19-14 11:03 AM
    IFTTT is already supported
    07-19-14 11:11 AM
    Yes, thank you. I will probably do a closed beta test before the release. One thing I would need is some screenshots of the android version (there aren't many on the Internet). If someone has, please send me them at [email protected].

Follow my BBM channel
    email sent
    07-19-14 11:14 AM
    email sent
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. Although I was asking for some screenshots that actually show how lists, big notes are handled and how copy links and notes function is implemented.
    07-19-14 11:32 AM
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. Although I was asking for some screenshots that actually show how lists, big notes are handled and how copy links and notes function is implemented.
    The UI is a bit different on my nexus tab but I can take screen shots on that. Or download bluestacks.
    That would probably work better for you so you can look yourself. You can navigate and see how the whole app is instead of deending on someone else sending snapshots.

Bluestacks is an android emulator for pc. Easy setup.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:42 AM
    The UI is a bit different on my nexus tab but I can take screen shots on that. Or download bluestacks.
    That would probably work better for you so you can look yourself. You can navigate and see how the whole app is instead of deending on someone else sending snapshots.

Bluestacks is an android emulator for pc. Easy setup.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good idea. I will use that.
    07-19-14 12:05 PM
    I'm currently using Push To BlackBerry and it's doing really well in pushing URLS, photos and Text from the Web pages to my phone.

I would love more to be able to push text which is not on a Web page!

It would be great to set the destination to push to, like to SMS composer or the Remember app or even better to universal search!

Please join my photography channel
    07-19-14 12:06 PM
    I'm currently using Push To BlackBerry and it's doing really well in pushing URLS, photos and Text from the Web pages to my phone.

I would love more to be able to push text which is not on a Web page!

It would be great to set the destination to push to, like to SMS composer or the Remember app or even better to universal search!

Please join my photography channel
    That is actually a great idea, although I cannot modify Pushbullet desktop app/extension I will implement a little cheat to make this possible.
    menshawy likes this.
    07-19-14 12:32 PM
    Daljit,

That's the best bit of news I've heard in a long, long time .. ! U have no idea (or maybe U do ;-) ) how successful this venture of Urs will prove to be .. waiting very impatiently
    07-19-14 01:09 PM
    Daljit,

That's the best bit of news I've heard in a long, long time .. ! U have no idea (or maybe U do ;-) ) how successful this venture of Urs will prove to be .. waiting very impatiently
    It's definitely a really anticipated app

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:18 PM
    Looks pretty sharp!
    07-19-14 02:19 PM
    Looks pretty sharp!
    I am glad you like it, but it still needs some improvements.

Follow my BBM channel
    Last edited by daljit97; 07-19-14 at 03:02 PM.
    07-19-14 02:50 PM
    Hi daljit?97!

Glad to see that a new native app is in development, but I were personally a little bit shocked of your news because I have myself since 6 weeks a (until now) secret and sadly similar project in development and I asked already BlackBerry to get it shortly into the beta zone. So my core functionality works and I'm preparing a first release. Not sure if I will get it into the beta zone or need to wait until I have it ready for a more public release... but I guess we wasted now a little bit our developer resources.
    Great for the community to have soon the choice between 2 native clients, but sad to see that we have now here some kind of duplicate work done.

One small thing... I saw at your screenshot the name "PushBullet", is this the name of your official app?
    I had some extremely productive mails with the team behind pushbullet.com and they implemented already a small change in the API I needed, but after all the friendly mails they still clearly disallowed to name my own app PushBullet - I had also this as my first idea.
    Have you already talked to them about the naming, just to avoid trouble in the future?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8980596) and KKruglov like this.
    07-19-14 04:37 PM
    Looks like it'll be an amazing app, really liking the UI. If you need any beta testers I'm here as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:54 PM
    Hi daljit?97!

Glad to see that a new native app is in development, but I were personally a little bit shocked of your news because I have myself since 6 weeks a (until now) secret and sadly similar project in development and I asked already BlackBerry to get it shortly into the beta zone. So my core functionality works and I'm preparing a first release. Not sure if I will get it into the beta zone or need to wait until I have it ready for a more public release... but I guess we wasted now a little bit our developer resources.
    Great for the community to have soon the choice between 2 native clients, but sad to see that we have now here some kind of duplicate work done.

One small thing... I saw at your screenshot the name "PushBullet", is this the name of your official app?
    I had some extremely productive mails with the team behind pushbullet.com and they implemented already a small change in the API I needed, but after all the friendly mails they still clearly disallowed to name my own app PushBullet - I had also this as my first idea.
    Have you already talked to them about the naming, just to avoid trouble in the future?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I didn't know about that. Yes, that is a a shame, I could have made another application if I knew that. Well, I guess two apps are better than nothing . And no, obviously I won't use PushBullet as the name, as I said that was just a prototype.

Follow my BBM channel
    07-19-14 05:09 PM
    Maybe you 2 should partner up for a project and see how it goes? Split the earnings?

This will make it easier and faster to produce unless you 2 have completely different styles.

But there is so much to this app it will take a long time to get all the features od the app and implementing it to bb10.
    This can potential be one of those full package type apps. With 2 good bb10 devs working on it.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    07-19-14 05:14 PM
    Oh, I didn't know about that. Yes, that is a a shame, I could have made another application if I knew that. Well, I guess two apps are better than nothing .
    Since it was a secret what I were working on you were unable to know as I were not aware of your project.

So, let's publish both and hope it was worth the work for you and me.

Your screenshot looks by the way extremely different compared to mine. So we have maybe different approaches to create the client.
    You know: "Choice is good" - especially for the users.

EDIT: Ah, and by the way... regarding gap of apps... Android has only one pushbullet client, BlackBerry will have two!

Posted via CB10
    ESCON, anon(8980596) and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    07-20-14 12:34 AM
    Since it was a secret what I were working on you were unable to know as I were not aware of your project.

So, let's publish both and hope it was worth the work for you and me.

Your screenshot looks by the way extremely different compared to mine. So we have maybe different approaches to create the client.
    You know: "Choice is good" - especially for the users.

EDIT: Ah, and by the way... regarding gap of apps... Android has only one pushbullet client, BlackBerry will have two!

Posted via CB10
    Same goes for me. If a knew about your project, I wouldn't even have started it, actually there was also another project I wanted to work on, but then I chose PushBullet.
    Working together is not a good idea, not in this case as we already have started the projects so it's better that we release both. What I am really worried about is if there is enough demand from Blackberry users for two PushBullet clients, I mean it's not like FastTube and SuperTube for example.
    07-20-14 01:38 AM
    Any of those two apps will be released in this year?
    07-20-14 05:54 AM
    Any of those two apps will be released in this year?
    I hope so , but my app won't be released very soon because unfortunately I'm going to be busy for the next two weeks.
    anon(8980596) likes this.
    07-20-14 06:19 AM
    I hope so , but my app won't be released very soon because unfortunately I'm going to be busy for the next two weeks.
    There can be a lot of need but you will really need to tell people how to use it. Make videos and etc.

There are so many things you can do with it. If it's perfectly integrated then it can be the best productivity tool on bb10 by far for a wide audience.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:23 AM
97 123 ...