As the title indicates, I'm a new developer on the BlackBerry 10 scene, and I'd like to create and publish my first app for BlackBerry this fall. I've got a few ideas as to what I may tackle and I'd like to gauge the potential interest BlackBerry users have in them. Also feel free to request apps!

My ideas so far:

-Native Twitch app (or do whatever I can with their api).

-Camera app capable of long exposure shots and custom hdr pictures. Development of this will depend on a usable 10.3 release and the actual capabilities of my Z30 camera (manual exposure settings will be available for the Z30 with 10.3).

- a completely new and strange way to share content and interact with friends. An idea I've been refining for some time, and the details of which I will keep a secret for now

- interactive video game database based on the api provided by giantbomb.com

-polish and repackage a game I made for Android/iOS:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lghill.leyenda

Some of these would actually take longer to develop than the time I have this summer, but at the very least I would like to get a start on them now!

Thoughts, feedback, and requests are all welcome!

UPDATE: Lots of good suggestions floating around. I did some investigating into the new camera capabilities. Manual shutter speeds (and other exposure modes) are available, however they are between 0.5 and 0.005 seconds. Long exposure shots are not as easy to implement as I had hoped, and so I am drastically less interested in the camera app.

UPDATE 2: leaning heavily towards a native Twitch app. Need to investigate the API more though. I have also applied for the Chess.com developer program. I'm an avid chess player, and a native app with headless notifications would be wonderful.

Even if you don't have an interest in chess,I would greatly appreciate it if the crackberry community could sound off in the comments and make blackberry 10 users heard: http://www.chess.com/blog/webmaster/...eloper-program

UPDATE 3: Development of a native Twitch client has officially begun. Had a long day of learning QML and relearning C++. Made serious positive headway in laying the groundwork for the backend code. Thank you everyone for your input! I'm going to disappear now and start a new thread when I have something worth showing!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Joel Hill; 08-08-14 at 08:12 PM.
    SmileDahling and kadusch like this.
    06-20-14 05:52 PM
    First thing I can think of is porting Aleph One to BB10, although that might be a little too out-there.

But that new and strange sharing idea is intriguing (so long as it isn't just "YO YO YO YO YO").
    06-20-14 05:56 PM
    Repurposing Android apps like Twitch might not be worth the effort. Although I would really welcome a native app, both the webversion and .apk work pretty well already.

As a gamer I would welcome a good game database app, as long as the UI makes it more accessible than Web versions.

Curious to see if your IM idea gets off the ground, sounds like you already but some effort into that. Welcome, looking forward to your work!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-20-14 05:57 PM
    Make an app to learn programming.

Posted via my superb Z10
    06-20-14 05:59 PM
    A really good sports app that's Native and has push alerts

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:00 PM
    A really good sports app that's Native and has push alerts

Posted via CB10
    I've actually done a bit of work with a small sports app with some friends in python. The short answer is that a lot of sports networks restrict the use of their apis and stats databases.

The good news is that Yahoo! Has an excellent fantasy sports api that provides stats for several sports. Still limited though.

In short, not an impossible app, but it would be limited to free stats resources available online.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    06-20-14 06:11 PM
    I've actually done a bit of work with a small sports app with some friends in python. The short answer is that a lot of sports networks restrict the use of their apis and stats databases.

The good news is that Yahoo! Has an excellent fantasy sports api that provides stats for several sports. Still limited though.

In short, not an impossible app, but it would be limited to free stats resources available online.

Posted via CB10
    Ah true, and I'm not sure none of the current sports apps or even websites that don't have apps yet, wouldn't be interested in giving it away lol
    Dang it

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:13 PM
    Make an app to learn programming.

Posted via my superb Z10
    learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Follow that book my friend. Also, install a terminal emulator to your phone. BB10 has a python interpreter built in

Edit: there's actually a better program in the BlackBerry World Store: You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32880889

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Joel Hill; 06-20-14 at 06:53 PM.
    06-20-14 06:14 PM
    An asana app would be nice. It has a decent api that could lead to a really slick app.
    06-20-14 07:15 PM
    How about a native Amazon Appstore client?
    MrGabriel and dusdal like this.
    06-20-14 08:14 PM
    I'd love a really good pomodoro app. Something with a beautiful interface that keeps track of your daily pomodoro and distraction count.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    06-20-14 08:47 PM
    Ok, thank you very much.

Posted via my superb Z10
    06-21-14 08:07 PM
    Onenote Vimeo tumblr

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    06-22-14 12:24 PM
    How about a native Amazon Appstore client?
    Second!!
    06-22-14 12:27 PM
    Tumblr

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 09:37 AM
    What type of app are you looking for? Productivity, Social, Media?
    How big of a project are you looking to take?
    Are you able/willing to reverse engineer apps that don't have all the APIs open? Example Google services?

I have many ideas, I'm all over these forums and know kind of what people want in all categories..
    miguel89to likes this.
    06-23-14 10:30 AM
    Multimedia converter is missing from BlackBerry World.. would be nice if you could make it

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:30 PM
    We need some sort of iTunes Remote.
    So I vote for an iTunes Remote.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:08 PM
    I've had an idea for an app that when you share a song with someone via bbm or mms, it first checks and opens the song on the recipient's phone first.

I don't know how many times a friend has sent me a song I already have and I've wasted data receiving it.

Plus, often times, I would like to dedicate a song to my girlfriend that I know she already has, but don't want to have to say "hey, listen to this song"
    06-23-14 01:22 PM
    We need some sort of iTunes Remote.
    So I vote for an iTunes Remote.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Or, better yet; an app to control the media on one BlackBerry, from another in the same manner as iTunes remote!
    06-23-14 01:24 PM
    I would love to have a good Outline app that makes use of the limited screen real estate. It should be able to tap to hide/show the various levels of children and be able to move whole families up and down the list. There are a couple of apps that are fairly close but they're not quite there.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:25 PM
    Some ideas are 1. a app that will read emails, bbms and texts out loud and allow for replying and composing; 2. An caller ID that reads the callers name out loud; 3. An app that integrates Google map/play services to use with android apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 05:30 PM
    Some ideas are 1. a app that will read emails, bbms and texts out loud and allow for replying and composing; 2. An caller ID that reads the callers name out loud; 3. An app that integrates Google map/play services to use with android apps.

Posted via CB10
    1 and 2 can be done with the app called safe drive or something. The developer of sayit made it.

3. Google maps apk can be patched along with a several google services apps with a program called gmaps patcher"
    Or
    You can download a free app called Mapbrowser which has a patched google maps already in it

Check out MapBrowser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20197874

Free alternative
    Check out Drive Safely in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/51635887

Really good version
    Check out SafeDrive in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/31252891

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:58 AM
    Native spotify!!!!
    06-25-14 11:44 AM
    sorry, forgot to say PLEASE!!
    06-26-14 10:31 AM
53 123