Hi guys,

I was not willing to use the Device Password and risk a security wipe if one of my 'friends' decided to have a go on my locked Z10, so I came up with this idea:

It does what it says: Locks the Hub - with a password

• Swiping up, down, left, right, peeking, etc does NOT minimize the Lock.
    • Only the HUB is locked. All other applications can be accessed. So you can give your device to someone for playing Kiwi Wonder, knowing that he cant access your messages.
    • Display a personalized message on lock screen.
    • No need to be kept open as an Active Frame.
    • No worry of device wipe if wrong password is entered multiple times.
    • Displays the number of failed attempts.

No Active Frame, uses minimum resources, can be used for long periods of time without battery drain. Launching the app from the Home-Screen will open the Settings page. To Lock the HUB, you have to launch it from the HUB itself. The tutorial inside, explains it all.

Following shots show a Locked Hub as a user is swiping right.

[New App] Hub Lock - Password protect the Hub-img_20140411_085907.png [New App] Hub Lock - Password protect the Hub-5.png

[New App] Hub Lock - Password protect the Hub-1.png [New App] Hub Lock - Password protect the Hub-3.png

But PLEASE NOTE: this is not a complete security/protection app, and has some workarounds, but only regular BB10 users who are adamant on opening your Hub can find those.

Now you ask me, why did I make it ? Well, for most intruders, when they will swipe right to access your Hub and find that it has been password protected, they will try guessing a few random passwords, and leave the device if they cant find the right one. They wont go about restarting the device to check if the Hub is still locked after the booting up. (See, I mentioned a workaround) So dont go about complaining......

HUB Lock
    $0.99
    Dirkmyer and paperplanes7 like this.
    04-11-14 12:04 AM
    Sounds quite interesting. Good luck with the app.

Can other apps be locked, too, in a future version or a slightly different app?
    04-11-14 12:33 AM
    Wow. I thought it wasn't possible in BlackBerry 10 for app locks? As one app cannot interact with another due to it being sandboxed.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:02 AM
    Well this is certainly interesting!
    I'm keeping my eye on your

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:19 AM
    Just typing this to keep an eye on this... u was waiting for this

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 05:54 AM
    Looks good. Don't think I have a need for it as such, but I am sure plenty will. Good luck with the app.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    04-11-14 06:00 AM
    What happens if the Hub is locked but somebody "accidentally" clicked on BB Hub, BBM, or Text Messages icon in the home screen?

After unlocking the Hub, do you have to manually lock the Hub again every time or does the app automatically lock the Hub again after a period?
    04-11-14 11:27 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Looks good.
    04-11-14 11:46 AM
    What happens if the Hub is locked but somebody "accidentally" clicked on BB Hub, BBM, or Text Messages icon in the home screen?

After unlocking the Hub, do you have to manually lock the Hub again every time or does the app automatically lock the Hub again after a period?
    Well certainly that is a 'loophole' The ideal situation will be hiding these icons inside a folder in some remote corner of the homescreen :P
    And clicking on instant previews, or clicking on the message on the lock screen also disables it.

But then if someone is so concerned with their email privacy, they wont enable such features in the first place. The app doesn't restart by itself, since it has to be called via the invocation framework....
    04-11-14 02:09 PM
    Can other apps be locked, too, in a future version or a slightly different app?
    Well no, Hub is the only app that cant be restarted. This works with other apps also, but restarting the app causes it to unlock, so no use there.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-11-14 02:11 PM
    Well certainly that is a 'loophole' The ideal situation will be hiding these icons inside a folder in some remote corner of the homescreen :P And clicking on instant previews, or clicking on the message on the lock screen also disables it. But then if someone is so concerned with their email privacy, they wont enable such features in the first place. The app doesn't restart by itself, since it has to be called via the invocation framework....
    I understand the app is for use against casual intrusions or idiots who simply don't appreciate other people's privacy.
    Hussain Karimi likes this.
    04-11-14 10:52 PM
    I understand the app is for use against casual intrusions or idiots who simply don't appreciate other people's privacy.
    Exactly!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:12 PM