On my android, I use the netflix app as well as the CNN live TV app. I also know Watch ABC Live is on the iphone as well (here in NYC at least) Very handy for live media.... especially when I'm on the treadmill at my gym and need some kind of media to take my mind off of the miles I run. In any case, I was wondering, since these apps are not available on BB10, can you still watch through the browsers since you can do that via desktop like you can do with youtube? That would make my decision to get a Q10 much much easier. I don't need a huge screen, but I would def like some sort of capability to watch these live channels. I don't think HBO GO has a website for live TV, but that's ok. I can leave that one for my nexus tablet.
    06-14-13 09:21 AM
    Both the Netflix and CNN Android apps can be side loaded onto BB10 devices. I had them on my Z10, and they worked just fine (at least, before I cancelled my Netflix subscription!). You can also watch CNN videos from the browser w/no problem.

There's also an app called Popcornflix that lets you watch a ton of free movies- much like Netflix! It's pretty cool...
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-14-13 09:35 AM
    Both the Netflix and CNN Android apps can be side loaded onto BB10 devices. I had them on my Z10, and they worked just fine (at least, before I cancelled my Netflix subscription!). You can also watch CNN videos from the browser w/no problem.

There's also an app called Popcornflix that lets you watch a ton of free movies- much like Netflix! It's pretty cool...
    Thanks for the input. I'll try sideloading once I decide on the q10. But at the end of the day, I would like to just few from the browser. As for cnn, does that apply for "live" tv?

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-13 10:05 AM
    Netflix in the browser currently requires silverlight, so you can't stream from within the BlackBerry browser.

I think Netflix said they are finally moving to html5, and when they do, you could probably stream using the browser and some user agent spoofing.

Posted via CB10
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-14-13 11:34 AM
    CNN Is releasing their BlackBerry 10 app next week. http://n4bb.com/cnn-news-discovery-c...pp-highlights/

Posted via CB10
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-14-13 11:54 AM
    CNN Is releasing their BlackBerry 10 app next week. http://n4bb.com/cnn-news-discovery-c...pp-highlights/

Posted via CB10
    Yea i just Googled it and saw that. I hope it comes with the "live" feature that android has now. Good to hear none the less. So netflix on browser is currently out of the question unless you side load the app. Watch abc is not even available for Android, let alone bb10. And i haven't heard anything regarding hbo go. Hmmmm, ok! I'll wait a few more weeks and see what may change.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-13 12:02 PM
    Has anyone gotten CNN Live to work on their Z10, i.e. CNN native, CNN android port or Z10 web browser?
    07-12-14 03:21 PM