Just got this news via BlackBerry Channels. This is Crap! The BlackBerry community has to mobilize and right this terrible wrong! NemOrys work can't be in vain.

Let's start a campaign. I've already tweeted Snapchat asking for permission. Join with me and make this happen!!!!

Here's the link to the petition.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...kberry-world-3

Z10... next Ontario!
    Last edited by pick1eberry; 03-04-14 at 11:01 PM.
    SubCamp likes this.
    03-04-14 10:10 PM
    Wasn't it because he submitted it as paid?
    03-04-14 10:18 PM
    Reason? iGrann was approved, so was Whine. so whats the deal with Snap2chat?
    03-04-14 10:20 PM
    NemOry said that BlackBerry is asking Snapchat for permission. Until Snapchat agrees Snap2chat stays out of BBW.

Z10... next Ontario!
    03-04-14 10:21 PM
    I find NemOry's initial explanation puzzling, so hopefully he can clarify the situation soon.

Z10... next Ontario!
    03-04-14 10:27 PM
    Did he ever implement the feature he was talking about at one time, to bypass the auto-destruct of pictures and provide a feature to save them?

If I were Snapchat I wouldn't be very happy about that.

Then again, I'm not sure Snapchat was ever exactly bulletproof in that respect anyway.
    03-04-14 10:33 PM
    Don't know about the feature implementation. I'm sure he will say more soon. I just hate for this app to crash and burn before it really gets off the ground.

Z10... next Ontario!
    03-04-14 10:38 PM
    Check out the petition.. https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...kberry-world-3

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:39 PM
    Much thanks Indi!!!

Z10... next Ontario!
    SubCamp likes this.
    03-04-14 10:41 PM
    Put the link in your original post

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:47 PM
    We can do this!!!
    03-04-14 10:55 PM
    Is there anyone from BlackBerry we can tweet to? I think that will have more effective than tweeting to snapchat

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:57 PM
    NemOry says Snap2chat most likely won't be approved in BBW!-img_20140304_230605.png

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) and pick1eberry like this.
    03-04-14 11:06 PM
    Here's a few things to consider
    1. IF Snap2chat is being submitted as a paid app, but it uses snapchat API, this will almost definitely not make it into BBW. In theory, this is illegal even. Hence, that's why iGrann and Whine are free apps (putting the API usage into grey area. IG and Wine respectively could still demand these apps be removed, but they won't because they weren't planning on making a BB10 app anyways)
    2. IF snapchat is planning to bring the app to BB10, or simply doesn't want snap2chat put to BBW, then the app will never be in BBW
    3. Petitioning cluelessly for this will get you nowhere. If it violates BBW terms and conditions, it will ever be put into BBW. You can petition all you want but this will not change
    Cappyshirt likes this.
    03-04-14 11:24 PM
    1. IF Snap2chat is being submitted as a paid app, but it uses snapchat API, this will almost definitely not make it into BBW. In theory, this is illegal even. Hence, that's why iGrann and Whine are free apps (putting the API usage into grey area. IG and Wine respectively could still demand these apps be removed, but they won't because they weren't planning on making a BB10 app anyways)
    2. IF snapchat is planning to bring the app to BB10, or simply doesn't want snap2chat put to BBW, then the app will never be in BBW
    3. Petitioning cluelessly for this will get you nowhere. If it violates BBW terms and conditions, it will ever be put into BBW. You can petition all you want but this will not change
    The app's price will be free. Thanks for that detailed explanation man.
    03-05-14 12:00 AM
    So...if changing it to free makes it so that it will probably be approved should I sign this petition...?

Posted via my amazing Q10
    03-05-14 12:20 AM
    So...if changing it to free makes it so that it will probably be approved should I sign this petition...?

Whether the app is free does not mean it will be approved. Ultimately the service is snapchat's, so whether they want to allow snap2chat into BBW is up to them. They have the final say
    I was just pointing out that if it were paid, there was little to no chance it would be approved
    As for signing the petition, it's essentially useless. I don't see how it would affect the decision one way or another. Sacha tried to get sachesi into BBW, yet they just came up with absurd excuses that were to a certain extent not even relevant. They are the boss, and they will have the final say.
    03-05-14 12:26 AM

Your help with signing would surely be much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 01:39 AM
    But Blackgram a 3rd party app for instagram was approved and its a paid app. How do you explain that?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 01:54 AM
    Did he ever implement the feature he was talking about at one time, to bypass the auto-destruct of pictures and provide a feature to save them?

If I were Snapchat I wouldn't be very happy about that.

Then again, I'm not sure Snapchat was ever exactly bulletproof in that respect anyway.
    Agreed. The ability to screenshot a snap without notification is an undesirable feature by Snapchat userbase and it would surely prevent the app from having official approval from Snapchat.
    03-05-14 02:17 AM
    If you want a native snapchat in blackberry world, help the dev and sign the petition.

All of the information about it is in this link and their is also a link to his thread too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=912037

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:28 AM
    But Blackgram a 3rd party app for instagram was approved and its a paid app. How do you explain that?

Posted via CB10
    He uses his own servers to process the photos, he is not using Instagram's servers.
    03-06-14 10:32 AM
    He uses his own servers to process the photos, he is not using Instagram's servers.
    Not to mention it later ran into so many technical difficulties many people demanded refunds
    IF you use their API and servers you run into many legal problems. It was the same issue with several other apps on windows mobile platform
    There are some apps that allow viewing that are paid, but that's fine because you don't have to use their API to grab the link to the image.
    Regardless, snap2chat will be free if it's released, so ultimately it's a question of whether snapchat wants to allow it
    03-06-14 11:55 PM
    Signedd

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:55 PM
    Signedd

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 01:30 AM