https://blackberrydroidstore.com/ins...blackberry-10/

What an absolute scumbag Nemory has turned out to be. It's crazy how much work he did in the early days for Native BB10 app development. So sad that he's resorted to this kind of pathetic nonsense.
    Mecca EL and lloupez like this.
    06-23-19 07:15 PM
    Well you can't really blame the guy. We can't really share these files on Google drive. I mean it is not something endorsed by Google or BlackBerry and they don't want to support this. Running your own servers to host these files cost money and considering what a small market he is targeting $8 USD is not that bad.
    P.S. I don't support his usage of someone else's work. I mean I really hope he has taken cobalt's permission and offering him a part of sales to honour his work.
    06-23-19 07:35 PM
    lol sachmalh must be new around here
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-23-19 08:12 PM
    Sucker born ever minute....

Nemory knows that.... but then so did Chen. Not sure what is worse? Reselling a software hack that someone else made and really isn't very good at this point. Or making a new phone with old components and selling it, even though you have already killed the OS it runs on?

They both just needed as much money as they could get from the fans...
    06-24-19 01:51 PM
    https://blackberrydroidstore.com/ins...blackberry-10/

What an absolute scumbag Nemory has turned out to be. It's crazy how much work he did in the early days for Native BB10 app development. So sad that he's resorted to this kind of pathetic nonsense.
    What does it matter if people want to pay for simplicity? You can make your own coffee or buy Starbucks coffee. It's the same principle.
    06-24-19 07:09 PM
    What does it matter if people want to pay for simplicity? You can make your own coffee or buy Starbucks coffee. It's the same principle.

Not sure if serious or trolling....
    06-25-19 09:30 AM
    i think this is more like someone getting starbucks coffee for free and selling it outside the store.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-25-19 10:45 AM
    i think this is more like someone getting starbucks coffee for free and selling it outside the store.
    More like you got a free cup last week, and now you are trying to sell it.

Not even Cobalt recommends his solution anymore...
    06-25-19 11:02 AM
    Getting the coffee for free or taking it without permission? haha
    06-25-19 12:30 PM
    Well, I checked out the link, and yes, you have to pay before downloading.

What's missing, I've noticed from reading the description, is a big part of the process - patching the apps for Google Play Services.

Maybe the fact that he's not including Cobalt's patched Play Services app (com.google.android.gms) is his reasoning for even offering this as a paid "solution". But he is including the BlackBerry Google ID app. I assume Cobalt modified that?

Again, just reading the instructions on what to install.

Still doesn't solve the issue that many apps need Play Services or they just won't run. Some will, but not all.

I'm surprised he's not selling Snap for OS 10.2 and older.
    06-25-19 03:28 PM
    Concerning somehow that you think these two scenarios are exactly the same.
    06-25-19 05:05 PM
    Well you can't really blame the guy. We can't really share these files on Google drive. I mean it is not something endorsed by Google or BlackBerry and they don't want to support this. Running your own servers to host these files cost money and considering what a small market he is targeting $8 USD is not that bad.
    P.S. I don't support his usage of someone else's work. I mean I really hope he has taken cobalt's permission and offering him a part of sales to honour his work.
    Hey sachmalh,

I think I'm not exaggerating to say I'm one of the biggest supporters of the continued use of BB10 on these forums. With that said...

Nemory is purposefully selling free Android apps in order to make money off unsuspecting BB10 users who want these popular applications on their phones. He is also taking Cobalt's work without his permission (indeed Cobalt himself no longer supports this solution) just like he steals every free Android app that people can download directly with no issues and charges for them.

He chooses to host his own server and steal other files that are available freely from Crackberry and other sources online. There are no "costs" that he is incurring to provide any services to anyone.

The man is scum and everyone should stay away from him and his applications. His store should be taken offline for fraud and he should never be allowed to defraud Blackberry 10 users again.
    sachmalh likes this.
    06-25-19 07:01 PM
    What if you steal freely available Starbucks coffee which they are giving away and then sell it yourself Chuck?
    06-25-19 07:02 PM
    Hey sachmalh,

I think I'm not exaggerating to say I'm one of the biggest supporters of the continued use of BB10 on these forums. With that said...

Nemory is purposefully selling free Android apps in order to make money off unsuspecting BB10 users who want these popular applications on their phones. He is also taking Cobalt's work without his permission (indeed Cobalt himself no longer supports this solution) just like he steals every free Android app that people can download directly with no issues and charges for them.

He chooses to host his own server and steal other files that are available freely from Crackberry and other sources online. There are no "costs" that he is incurring to provide any services to anyone.

The man is scum and everyone should stay away from him and his applications. His store should be taken offline for fraud and he should never be allowed to defraud Blackberry 10 users again.
    I agree with you on that. But the hard truth is bb10 is dead at the end of this year. With app world gone the market will be flooded with bb10 devices at a cheap price. Nemory may be charging openly but I know a few people who would charge people for this on kijiji etc. I am not trying to defend him nor do I support his methods. But hopefully if there is a lot of demand and BlackBerry wants to maintain their reputation (or what's left of it) they and cobalt should be the ones trying to take nemory's server down.

All I meant to say is that if somebody is stupid enough to pay 8 bucks for reading and doing things on his own then there will always be people like nemory to exploit those people. I am sure he will have fun supporting his paid customers when the very first four apps they download doesn't work. (WhatsApp has issues on BlackBerry)

Besides as much as I love my classic and Passport, it's painful to use them as my daily driver. So I am sure we don't need to worry about someone making a few bucks and it will be a limited few.
    06-25-19 07:17 PM
    I agree with you on that. But the hard truth is bb10 is dead at the end of this year. With app world gone the market will be flooded with bb10 devices at a cheap price. Nemory may be charging openly but I know a few people who would charge people for this on kijiji etc. I am not trying to defend him nor do I support his methods. But hopefully if there is a lot of demand and BlackBerry wants to maintain their reputation (or what's left of it) they and cobalt should be the ones trying to take nemory's server down.

All I meant to say is that if somebody is stupid enough to pay 8 bucks for reading and doing things on his own then there will always be people like nemory to exploit those people. I am sure he will have fun supporting his paid customers when the very first four apps they download doesn't work. (WhatsApp has issues on BlackBerry)

Besides as much as I love my classic and Passport, it's painful to use them as my daily driver. So I am sure we don't need to worry about someone making a few bucks and it will be a limited few.
    While I understand why you believe BB10 will be dead at the end of the year, that is simply not the case. Blackberry World will indeed be gone, but BB10 devices are already available at a cheap price, as most folks who would sell BB10 devices do not choose to do so whether or not a native app store is available. However, BB10 services will continue working, autoloaders will still be available, native apps released as BARs by their developers can be sideloaded, and the phones will still work with all major carriers. There are many here who claim that there will be some portent of doom for BB10 at the end of this year but that is just not true.

While people like Nemory may choose to exploit BB10 users, he would not choose to do so if there was not money to be made. It is wrong for him to do this, and his site should be taken down and banned from this fraudulent activity. Fraud is fraud, no matter how many people it affects.

As for Blackberry Limited, they are unlikely to proceed against Nemory as he is not selling their property. He is simply re-selling free Android apps. They also are not terribly concerned about their "reputation" as it relates to mobile devices at this point.

I'd argue we do need to worry about someone "making a few bucks" off those who keep wanting to use the perfectly viable and still highly secure BB10 OS. If people know Nemory does not actually sell what he claims and is bilking them for their money, and they choose to be bilked, that's their decision. However, most people believe his claims and are then defrauded. That's wrong and it should be stopped, no matter how "few" the victims may be.
    06-25-19 07:25 PM
    While I understand why you believe BB10 will be dead at the end of the year, that is simply not the case. Blackberry World will indeed be gone, but BB10 devices are already available at a cheap price, as most folks who would sell BB10 devices do not choose to do so whether or not a native app store is available. However, BB10 services will continue working, autoloaders will still be available, native apps released as BARs by their developers can be sideloaded, and the phones will still work with all major carriers. There are many here who claim that there will be some portent of doom for BB10 at the end of this year but that is just not true.

While people like Nemory may choose to exploit BB10 users, he would not choose to do so if there was not money to be made. It is wrong for him to do this, and his site should be taken down and banned from this fraudulent activity. Fraud is fraud, no matter how many people it affects.

As for Blackberry Limited, they are unlikely to proceed against Nemory as he is not selling their property. He is simply re-selling free Android apps. They also are not terribly concerned about their "reputation" as it relates to mobile devices at this point.

I'd argue we do need to worry about someone "making a few bucks" off those who keep wanting to use the perfectly viable and still highly secure BB10 OS. If people know Nemory does not actually sell what he claims and is bilking them for their money, and they choose to be bilked, that's their decision. However, most people believe his claims and are then defrauded. That's wrong and it should be stopped, no matter how "few" the victims may be.
    I agree with every word you are saying. How do you suggest we proceed?
    06-25-19 07:29 PM
    I agree with every word you are saying. How do you suggest we proceed?
    The best thing to do is actively warn people off Nemory's apps in the strongest possible terms. I have held off on my usual all caps disclaimer against him on this thread, as it's not really about people who are checking on whether they should buy his apps, complaining about having to pay him again, etc. but you can find it if you search the forums for threads about Nemory.

Any other action would be outside the scope of this forum...but we can hope that his host removes his site and he is otherwise blocked from screwing over the BB10 remnant.
    06-25-19 07:33 PM
    After reading this thread, I seem to want a cup of coffee.
    06-25-19 08:18 PM
    What if you steal freely available Starbucks coffee which they are giving away and then sell it yourself Chuck?
    Um, quick question if I may...
    How do you steal something that's free?

But yeah, agree with you totally.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 09:16 PM
    You're the one I'll answer for all the others since you know my tone best. If we can all go and get the same free Starbucks coffee, then first, it's not stealing. Next, if you can still go and get the free Starbucks coffee, but choose to pay me for WHATEVER reason, then what's the problem? Maybe you're "lazy" to figure out the process or follow every step of the process.

When I first started using BB10 in 2013, I preferred Native BB10 apps first, Ported BB10 apps over from Android second and then sideloaded apps when this became final solution.

I've never used Cobalt solution because in the early days, I was too busy and slightly, to moderately intimidated for all the necessary steps. Then as the 4.3 runtime became possible with 10.2.1 or somewhere around then, I discovered, wait for it, OneMobileMarket and ignorance was bliss. About time of BBAndroid PRIV, some apps 4.4 requirements and conite's declaration of the OneMobileMarket risk, I moved on and left BB10 in the rearview mirror.

That's where the comments about Nemory comes from. I was lazy and chose OneMobileMarket instead of using cobalt's solution. I would have gladly paid Nemory for solution. I'm willing to pay the stupid tax or lazy tax if necessary...
    JoeMeekFan likes this.
    06-25-19 10:17 PM
    Not sure if serious or trolling....
    Serious as serious can be.....
    06-25-19 10:18 PM
    Um, quick question if I may...
    How do you steal something that's free?

But yeah, agree with you totally.

Posted via CB10
    lol...fair point. It would be taking the free Starbucks coffee which they are actively giving away and then charging for it yourself. I'll leave the previous post for historical purposes, but let it be known that it is edited in spirit.
    06-26-19 04:39 PM
    You're the one I'll answer for all the others since you know my tone best. If we can all go and get the same free Starbucks coffee, then first, it's not stealing. Next, if you can still go and get the free Starbucks coffee, but choose to pay me for WHATEVER reason, then what's the problem? Maybe you're "lazy" to figure out the process or follow every step of the process.

When I first started using BB10 in 2013, I preferred Native BB10 apps first, Ported BB10 apps over from Android second and then sideloaded apps when this became final solution.

I've never used Cobalt solution because in the early days, I was too busy and slightly, to moderately intimidated for all the necessary steps. Then as the 4.3 runtime became possible with 10.2.1 or somewhere around then, I discovered, wait for it, OneMobileMarket and ignorance was bliss. About time of BBAndroid PRIV, some apps 4.4 requirements and conite's declaration of the OneMobileMarket risk, I moved on and left BB10 in the rearview mirror.

That's where the comments about Nemory comes from. I was lazy and chose OneMobileMarket instead of using cobalt's solution. I would have gladly paid Nemory for solution. I'm willing to pay the stupid tax or lazy tax if necessary...
    You are right about the "stealing" aspect from the source, as I mentioned in response to Ben.

Here's the problem though Chuck: if you are claiming that the free Starbucks coffee is not free, or even Starbucks, but that it's really a blend you developed yourself and that you're the only person roasting this special blend so you should be paid, that's fraud.

conite's comments on OneMobileMarket not withstanding, you made your own choices on BB10 and that's great. It's too bad you left us behind but we forgive you. However, in this case, it's not a matter of choosing OneMobileMarket vs. cobalt (which, in fairness, are different solutions for different problems so the comparison is not direct). Both OMM and cobalt's solutions are free and developed by them specifically. OMM does not claim they develop the apps they provide themselves, and cobalt actually did do the dev work on his solution.

In Nemory's case, he's claiming that the apps for which he charges folks (multiple times, I might add) are his own work that he develops for Blackberry 10. He's lying and misleading folks to extract money from them. If he said "These are the same as the Android apps that are freely available, but I offer them here in fullscreen mode. Please pay me" and folks bought the apps, that would be their choice and the stupid or lazy tax argument would apply. But that's not what's happening.
    06-26-19 04:43 PM
    You are right about the "stealing" aspect from the source, as I mentioned in response to Ben.

Here's the problem though Chuck: if you are claiming that the free Starbucks coffee is not free, or even Starbucks, but that it's really a blend you developed yourself and that you're the only person roasting this special blend so you should be paid, that's fraud.

conite's comments on OneMobileMarket not withstanding, you made your own choices on BB10 and that's great. It's too bad you left us behind but we forgive you. However, in this case, it's not a matter of choosing OneMobileMarket vs. cobalt (which, in fairness, are different solutions for different problems so the comparison is not direct). Both OMM and cobalt's solutions are free and developed by them specifically. OMM does not claim they develop the apps they provide themselves, and cobalt actually did do the dev work on his solution.

In Nemory's case, he's claiming that the apps for which he charges folks (multiple times, I might add) are his own work that he develops for Blackberry 10. He's lying and misleading folks to extract money from them. If he said "These are the same as the Android apps that are freely available, but I offer them here in fullscreen mode. Please pay me" and folks bought the apps, that would be their choice and the stupid or lazy tax argument would apply. But that's not what's happening.
    I'm only advocating for people's right to pay stupid or lazy tax as freedom of choice. I'm simple with don't lie, cheat or steal. The finer points of IT are wasted and lost on me. For the record, I'm a Diet Mountain Dew guy and don't like coffee so even that's wasted on me too ;-)
    06-26-19 07:55 PM
    I'm only advocating for people's right to pay stupid or lazy tax as freedom of choice. I'm simple with don't lie, cheat or steal. The finer points of IT are wasted and lost on me. For the record, I'm a Diet Mountain Dew guy and don't like coffee so even that's wasted on me too ;-)
    And you let me keep building up that coffee analogy?! Damn it Chuckford....a perfectly good comparison wasted. I should just edit all the posts and replace coffee with DMD.
    06-26-19 07:59 PM
36 12