The rumor I've been hearing is that BlackBerry has been working tirelessly to re-engineer its core OS to support new capabilities. Passport will be able to run what theyr'e building no problem.

Posted via CB10
    If this is true, then BlackBerry will re invite developers back to work on BlackBerry?

I wish it true but I'm more than a little doubtful.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 04:41 PM
    (Shrugs). All he cares about is the money and obviously iOS is you make the most profit so doesn't surprise me.
    07-07-15 06:29 PM
    besides the "app-gap-fillers"... what else does Nemory make? an innacurate phone finder app for $5..... a Headless Stabilizer... in order to keep headless apps continuously running in the background... for their apps........ why?

this news will not matter to anyone who doesn't rely on facebook messenger and instagram. oh and if you want a dating app they got one too. it's got bad reviews though.
    07-07-15 11:20 PM
    It's too bad, I have bought many of his apps.
    I really hope this isnt the beginning of the end.....

Posted via CB10
    he only has 5 apps that are priced.... so you have Inst10 Pro, Phone Finder, Xtreme Maps Pro, Super Street View and Messenger for Facebook?

this guy doesn't have even a medium sized library of (useful) apps for our platform... don't get why people's panties are in wads.

if the next phone is pure android... all of your app-gap problems have been solved friends. go get you an android.
    07-07-15 11:31 PM
    The only devs that release plans for switching platforms are the ones that subconsciously live for the attention. Many devs quietly move to another platform, and wait till a bit after to actually say "hey, my focus is on X now". I have no idea why he published publicly that he's going to move platforms. If he cares about the BB10 ecosystem, he wouldn't comment on it and would start deving for iOS without a peep.

I was in his beta for snap2chat way back, he was very good at getting bugs, but he was also very half assed with every app he made. He had too much going on, and he would move from app to app without making at least 1 have maturity so that the rest could have minimal bugs (as coders use the same techniques program to program, the bugs one has helps the future development of another + helps dev become a better coder).

BB10 "app fillers" always left a stale taste to my mouth. They either weren't headless, and if they were, they were really buggy. The only advantage a native app really has is the battery life, but batteries are bad on BB10 devices to begin with (inb4 screenshots) We won't be missing much, and I don't like devs who make it too obvious that they're driven by money. Those are the ones that fall the hardest. The issues with making apps is that the money making honeymoon phase hits a plateau, and the encouragement to actually update the app requires massive discipline. That's why despite an app being free, you'll always get asked for donations, or have ads, or something of the kind because the time it takes to code is never free, unless you're a NEET in your mom's basement.

You guys are being melodramatic over something that is expected. It's the life cycle of a dev, especially one that does it for a living. I'd care if any of his apps were something I used on a daily basis when I had my Z10, but despite being a part of the betas, the private group beta, the alpha, and so on, the apps were bad, and I was always upset that I was having to pay for something that was free on other platforms and wasn't half-assed. I'm in university, the last thing I need is for my messenger to not notify me, or my snapchat to not tell me that I was sent a new snap from friends telling me about their day. I have instagram business accounts that I make a couple dollars off of, the client wasn't good with it either, so I got the right to actually say something about the apps that were developed.

Nemory, you made an impact on our ecosystem, and I hope you understand that both the community and you are at fault for the abuse we have given one another.

Now move on, don't we have some pitchfork to throw at burger king for making tim hortons serve oreo ice caps? Who do they think they are!? This ain't micky ds!
    extisis and Randal Yandal like this.
    07-08-15 12:28 AM
    So, let me get this straight, he is making alternatives to Android Apps in native and you're against this?
    Eh,no. Wrong. Totally.
    I'm just saying that his business model won't work anymore if BB turns to Android or he wants to develop for IOS. I'm criticising him for other things I've mentioned a few times now. Didn't get my points? Don't want to write the same stuff again and again...
    07-08-15 12:33 AM
    Nemory isn't the first developer to leave BB10. I am glad that I bought Inst10. He deserved to make money while he was making apps for us. Thank you, Nemory.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-08-15 01:45 PM
    So., let me get this straight....now that this developer has decided to leave the platform, all the critics are now out hashing and rehashing his sins with guns blazing? If so, why now?
    Jahcure likes this.
    07-08-15 01:59 PM
    ...and I'm a jerk how exactly?.. Because I "have an opinion" Bla1ze?
    having an opinion doesn't make you a jerk. being a jerk makes you a jerk.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-08-15 02:58 PM
    I have not purchased any app from Nemory... but his Inst10 app was good.. I did use it for sometime.

I feel sad since a Dev sees no future with a platform that we all support here.... and seriously wish that the BB10 OS continues to develop and the Devs keep on supporting us all... my 2 cents!
    07-08-15 03:49 PM
    So., let me get this straight....now that this developer has decided to leave the platform, all the critics are now out hashing and rehashing his sins with guns blazing? If so, why now?
    Someone provides an open forum for discussion and people indulge, go figure?

Most people are shrugging their shoulders, Idk what you've been reading.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-08-15 05:39 PM
    Which is also another reason he's contemplating leaving... people are jerks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/develop...emory-1027478/

Honestly wouldn't even be mad at him if he does end up not developing for BlackBerry 10 anymore. Yes, I said IF as he did... he clearly seems not certain as of yet.
    He should leave. and let the door hit him on his *** on the way out.

snap2chat, paid for it, now it's disappeared from the face of the earth.

bought snap10, got my account banned.

seriously, i hope he leaves. then people won't get ripped off 12 dollars (which i know is barely anything) for stupid apps that are buggy and not supported by the company.

Talk2Watch pro is an android alternative backed by the original company, which is why i was happy to pay for it.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    07-08-15 06:10 PM
    who cares about Nemory! his apps are not good anyway...
    Id love to see you make an app as good as nemorys apps are.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    07-08-15 07:50 PM
    Id love to see you make an app as good as nemorys apps are.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    i didn't see him claiming to be an application creator. however, everything is open to scrutiny, and nemory's applications are very overrated.
    extisis likes this.
    07-08-15 07:58 PM
    i didn't see him claiming to be an application creator. however, everything is open to scrutiny, and nemory's applications are very overrated.
    lol that's a grade school response "i don't see you doing it any better". because he doesn't have to- because as consumers we get to criticize the things we invest in.

and you are right, quite overrated- i used Inst10 for a while when i had an instagram account (have since deleted it, garbage idea) and ended up deleting it because as good as it worked and flowed, it eventually would stop loading the next page on the feed or comments and even the pictures. ex, a post or three would show up as comments with a blank box where the picture should be. then while scrolling down it wouldn't load the next page, and reloading the app wouldn't work either. iGrann did this same thing, it was weird. Not worth the trouble to even buy it.

Not worth the trouble to defend the dev. or instagram.
    07-08-15 08:41 PM
    He should leave. and let the door hit him on his *** on the way out.

snap2chat, paid for it, now it's disappeared from the face of the earth.

bought snap10, got my account banned.

seriously, i hope he leaves. then people won't get ripped off 12 dollars (which i know is barely anything) for stupid apps that are buggy and not supported by the company.

Talk2Watch pro is an android alternative backed by the original company, which is why i was happy to pay for it.
    You do realize that was SnapChat that stopped the app and banned you right? You knew it went against their terms but you agreed to pay for the app anyway.

Don't cry to the developer for your own decisions.
    07-08-15 10:58 PM
    Let's end this, won't go anywhere.
    Thread closed

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | CB Mod
    FF22 and extisis like this.
    07-08-15 11:15 PM
67 123