01-12-14 01:01 PM
34 12
tools
    Coming from an iPhone background, I was used to some stuff like showing on icons on dashboard that there was new mail or message that was received.

I need an email client for my z30, that would show, if not the number of messages, at least that there is a new message that came in: something similar to the little red star at the CB forums icon or the BBM icon when new messages come in.

I need not want to use the native email client- I want to use a different one, checking personal accounts.

I'm also open to android apps, available on 1Market

Thanks!
    12-09-13 05:32 PM
    why, you can look to the hub icon, it gets a red star!
    Need email client that will show new email in on icon-img_00001483.png

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    johnnyuk and jaydee5799 like this.
    12-09-13 05:54 PM
    May I ask why don't you want to use the amazing Hub for your emails?

In any way, since EVERYONE is using it, you're not likely to find a native BlackBerry app for it. Look in Androids market.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-09-13 05:57 PM
    As Anischab said, the BlackBerry Hub icon is what you're looking for. It should already be on your phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    12-09-13 06:11 PM
    Well there's the little flashing red light, then there's the half swipe up to see unread emails and other notifications, then there's the peak, all of which do not require any exiting of an app. I can appreciate one wanting something that they are familiar with but not quite sure how it is more effective to have an app with a notification over what's already there. And, as pointed out above, you can always use the hub "app" icon for the same purpose.
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-09-13 06:13 PM
    Have an email account that I don't want to appear w/ the rest, as I receive lots of messages every day - so the hub is not a solution
    12-09-13 11:53 PM
    What if you bookmark the page of you e-mail accout in the browser, with a shortcut on homescreen, auto-log-in enabled... you you've an icon... however, you do not see the string when new messages appear and you have to check it up manually every time... not an optimal solution though!

12-10-13 01:47 AM
    If you go to the bug and bring out the right menu, select hub setting, you can disable the account you're not wanting in the hub from showing there, it will stay as a separate item in the hub menu. This sufficient?
    12-10-13 05:48 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys but I really need the app to be on the springboard and not the hub. Being able to check if a new message has arrived without entering the app is ESSENTIAL. Could use an android email app, but don't know which one.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:50 AM
    Need email client that will show new email in on icon-img_20132236.png

What's a "springboard "? Never went into the app...

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    12-10-13 08:26 AM
    If you leave the hub "open" (as shown by curvezzz' image above--by touching the bottom left "Hub" square icon), you will always be able to see what account has unread messages and how many by swiping from anywhere by simply doing the peek gesture.

Posted via CB10
    mvpcrossxover likes this.
    12-10-13 08:31 AM
    Springboard is iPhone slung for "the smattphone's main page" where you can see all the apps( sorry about that- I'm a week's old switcher) .

Guys I do understand the use of the hub, but I need a stand alone e-mail app for this separate account, so leaving the rest in the hub. I have found different email apps, but cannot locate 1 that when an email arrives, can put up a mark or a number thus showing that there is a new e-mail message.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:01 AM
    I am trying to ascertain exactly what you're trying to achieve here. I am not following as it appears others are not either. You can manage multiple email accounts together and separate. You can get apps that flash the LED different colours depending on the account so you don't even need to unlock your phone to see if you have email.

If you could be clearer what you're exactly trying to achieve and why it's key you keep the email seperate from the native well integrated hub it will make replies better.
    12-10-13 11:24 AM
    Seems like you're unwilling to use/try BlackBerry 10's greatest feature.

Not only can you choose what accounts are displayed on your main Hub view or hidden inside each account, you can also choose which email account has a toast notification that pops up on the top of your screen, regardless of what app you're in (on OS 10.2).

There is no need for separate apps, as the Hub does it all.
    12-10-13 11:30 AM
    Springboard is iPhone slung for "the smattphone's main page" where you can see all the apps( sorry about that- I'm a week's old switcher) .

Guys I do understand the use of the hub, but I need a stand alone e-mail app for this separate account, so leaving the rest in the hub. I have found different email apps, but cannot locate 1 that when an email arrives, can put up a mark or a number thus showing that there is a new e-mail message.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, thanks for the info never used an iPhone in regards to keeping one email account separate I guess I'm not quite following the logic when the hub gives you the notifications you seek. :shrugs:

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-10-13 11:44 AM
    OK, have a look at this: check out Web@Mail in BlackBerry World
    Web@Mail - BlackBerry World
    12-10-13 11:59 AM
    OK, have a look at this: check out Web@Mail in BlackBerry World
    Web@Mail - BlackBerry World
    Very good... I think that's he's looking for... does it flash a LED? is it "integrated" or has he to keep the app running in the background?
    Is it secure?

I am very satisfied with "our Hub"... Cheers!

12-10-13 12:15 PM
    Funny thing is that if you get a notification on the app icon, there is a possibility there will also be one in the Hub. This is true especially with Android apps.

But do as you wish. Your will is obscure to us it seems.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-10-13 12:19 PM
    Very good... I think that's he's looking for... does it flash a LED? is it "integrated" or has he to keep the app running in the background?
    Is it secure?

I am very satisfied with "our Hub"... Cheers!

Haven't tried it myself, just noticed the app the other day. From the description I'm sure OP will be happy and I'm quite sure it will have a notification of sorts.
    Last edited by mikr009876; 12-10-13 at 12:44 PM.
    12-10-13 12:23 PM
    You will have to keep that app running in the background.
    12-10-13 12:35 PM
    Too i-phoney looking for my liking.
    12-10-13 12:37 PM
    You can set individual notifications so that the email account you want will not blink or vibrate, but only show up with number of unread emails. It's not an app, simply a settings tweak...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:08 PM
    Wait... Is that an Android app, made to look like an iPhone app, running on a BlackBerry? That's the strangest app I've ever seen.
    12-10-13 01:23 PM
    If you leave the hub "open" (as shown by curvezzz' image above--by touching the bottom left "Hub" square icon), you will always be able to see what account has unread messages and how many by swiping from anywhere by simply doing the peek gesture.

Posted via CB10
    no idea you could do this, awesome!
    12-10-13 02:55 PM
    no idea you could do this, awesome!
    oh, then I add an other gesture for you: When going to hub, you see last incoming mail on top... type "t" with your Q10 or symply swipe down with your Z and you see your next upcoming calendar entries! (Hub gestures discovered here in CB)

12-10-13 03:05 PM
34 12