Here is the response from Dish Network when I inquired about plans for an app for Dish Anywhere for remote Dish DVR access. BlackBerry needs to provide incentives to these companies to make the platform viable.

----------------------------
    I'm afraid there isn't much more that we can do at the moment regarding your concern with DISH Anywhere's availability on the Blackberry platform. Currently Android and iOS devices hold a larger portion of the smartphone market which make them a priority, however as the new Blackberry devices emerge and that user base begins to increase again it may be considered as an addition into the supported platforms.

We first have to see that the platform is going to be worth developing for based on how popular the new Blackberry 10 platform becomes.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:21 AM
    Sounds very reasonable.
    04-15-13 05:40 AM
    Considering most people are able to take the APKs and convert them already to BAR file and upload them to their phone(via dev loader), I cant believe that it would be much effort for them to develop directly for OS10. Sounds fairly trivial to port to OS10 v/s the previous OS.

You would also think that companys like Dish and Netflix would care about their existing customer base and not simply how much additional profits they can make. Especially when a lot of their customers probably work for fortune 500/100 companies and have had to use Blackberry's for years.
    05-21-13 07:12 AM