Most of us have come across this. We have an image that was taken in another device or on our current device or our dslr cameras. When we go to share that image on igrann or instagram have to make a square crop means sacrificing a large part of the image.

I had photo editor ultimate pro on my Bold 9900 but it didn't move over when I got my Z30 and I really don't want to pay them a second time.

Is anyone aware of an app or a method by which we can take these images and resale and crop them in a manner that will allow then to be shared via instagram or igrann?

I have a family photo for example at a reunion but true f to upload it means cropping my nieces to the left and my nephews on the right.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-22-14 01:03 PM
    I am also looking for a good photo editing tool for BB10. No I don't mean "cool" frames, filters, and other trendy things, but like what OP wants, something that can do things like scale images, maybe allow us to crop and resize using numerical values rather than the clumsy and not exact dragging with the touchscreen...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-22-14 01:11 PM
    my suggestion would be to try Effetica. If the only thing you're looking for is posting your photos on social networks, then Demo version would be perfectly sufficient, because it saves images with max resolution of 600x600 pixels. If you want keep your images in their original size you would need to purchase full version (4$). Effetica (both demo and full) supports image rescaling, cropping and padding. Padding is exactly what you need to keep the full image yet satisfy Instagram requirements for square shape. Since Effetica targets professional photographers it supports precise value changes - just use left and right labels of sliders to change the value precisely.

There is a small how-to thread about usage of Effetica in case you'll give it a try (I strongly suggest you to read the first post there in that case). Here is the link to that thread
    drfever, slagman5 and magsasaka like this.
    02-22-14 01:53 PM
    What he said. Use effetica and it's padding tool. I was looking for this feature too. And I requested this from the effetica developer. Ever since he added it in, I have deleted the Android ports that I used to have for this functionality.

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    02-22-14 02:30 PM
    Effetica is the way...

Attachment 250172

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    drfever likes this.
    02-22-14 03:35 PM
    Another way is to save your pictures on Dropbox or box and share the link to the pictures from there rather than the actual pictures

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:44 PM
    You can try Power Tools. It has a batch processing that you can select multiple pictures and rescale to defaulted resolutions like 12%, 25%, BB screen resolution etc..

Check it out here Power Tools - BlackBerry World
    02-22-14 04:28 PM
    Thanks guys. Yes padding is what I'm looking for. I'll give the demo app a whirl.. thanks again for the replies

02-22-14 05:48 PM
    Works awesome on the first few wide screen images I have. Looks like this may be the one.

One question... is the only difference from the pay version the ability to save I'm higher resolution. has anyone above ever required something that the pay version has? Most if not all my padding is done to aid in my instagram/igrann uploading.a

Thanks again everyone.

02-22-14 06:10 PM
    Works awesome on the first few wide screen images I have. Looks like this may be the one.
    One question... is the only difference from the pay version the ability to save I'm higher resolution. has anyone above ever required something that the pay version has? Most if not all my padding is done to aid in my instagram/igrann uploading.a
    There are two differences between Demo and Full versions:

1) Demo version saves images with max resolution of 600x600 pixels (Full version supports images of size up to 4000x4000 pixels)
    2) Demo version doesn't preserve EXIF info of original image (like GPS position if you have location tagging enabled, etc)

the rest is absolutely identical.

I have the full version, mainly because I absolutely need to have my original sized images and EXIF info sometimes can be useful to know when the shot was made and where
    02-22-14 06:21 PM
    Yes. When sharing modified images through BBM/email I prefer to send them with the native HQ resolution intact. Effetica payware allows me to do so while also offering a suite of post-processing functions superior to that of the native image editor.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    02-22-14 06:26 PM
    my suggestion would be to try Effetica. If the only thing you're looking for is posting your photos on social networks, then Demo version would be perfectly sufficient, because it saves images with max resolution of 600x600 pixels. If you want keep your images in their original size you would need to purchase full version (4$). Effetica (both demo and full) supports image rescaling, cropping and padding. Padding is exactly what you need to keep the full image yet satisfy Instagram requirements for square shape. Since Effetica targets professional photographers it supports precise value changes - just use left and right labels of sliders to change the value precisely.

There is a small how-to thread about usage of Effetica in case you'll give it a try (I strongly suggest you to read the first post there in that case). Here is the link to that thread
    Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I don't use instagram or anything like that and don't care to. Well, I have an account, but it's just to see my friends' pictures (well, one friend in particular if you catch my drift, lol), but the other features sound good. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-22-14 10:09 PM
    Although I do not use the pay features I bought the full version to support the developer. Seems he built this full featured app for BlackBerry 10, it is not yet available for IOS or Android.

Great App, nice UI

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:23 PM