Hi Folks

I'm sure a lot of you use Twitter more than me, and I was just wondering how would one compare to another in regards to all aspects?

Comment away!
    04-17-13 04:05 PM
    Will blaq all the way.

But neatly has better Arabic support.

Other than that blaq faster better really good UI.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:08 PM
    Blaq is really slick. Neatly is nice but Blaq would get my vote.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:15 PM
    Blaq, definitely. Not only does it look nicer and work better, but it's a whole lot faster. It's really been polished up nicely.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:21 PM
    No contest. Blaq wins in a opening round TKO

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:16 PM
    Blaq. Neatly is a solid twitter app but I feel navigation requires work still vs Blaq.

I will say this though in Blaq its not entirely clear what all the little pictures do at first glance

Blaq also seems to load new tweets faster than Neatly

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-17-13 05:19 PM
    Blaq. Neatly is a solid twitter app but I feel navigation requires work still vs Blaq.

I will say this though in Blaq its not entirely clear what all the little pictures do at first glance

Blaq also seems to load new tweets faster than Neatly

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    That's because while the app is open it is Streaming the feed, and on 4G as well where as most clients need wifi to do that
    04-17-13 05:23 PM
    Bout blaq a few hours ago and I used it for a bit and I would definitely say neatly is better much better

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:27 PM
    Why would one need three twitter apps? Twitter, Neatly, and now Blaq. Makes no sense to me...
    04-17-13 07:37 PM
    Why would one need three twitter apps? Twitter, Neatly, and now Blaq. Makes no sense to me...
    It comes down to functionality and how much you use Twitter as to which one you would use.

The native app is very basic...does not handle time line updates well, no multiple accounts, rudimentary media handling, etc.

Neatly is well thought out and has some interesting features related to profile and relationship mgmt but is quite slow.

Blaq is VERY fast and has a very innovative time line mgmt feature, and fantastic handling of media. The UI is unique and takes a couple hours to figure out but becomes more powerful & intuitive as you use it.

Some people just need notepad, some people just need MS Word amd others need a full publishing software suite. All depends on your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Dealz417 and alcapone89 like this.
    04-17-13 07:46 PM
    I have been using neatly and purchased blaq both are quality app..but at the moment because of speed I would go with blaq. If neatly moved at the speed of blaq then it would be neatly. I'm not a fan of the small pics neatly let's me see the full pic...at least to the point where it's no being cut from left to right.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:46 PM
    I have been using neatly and purchased blaq both are quality app..but at the moment because of speed I would go with blaq. If neatly moved at the speed of blaq then it would be neatly. I'm not a fan of the small pics neatly let's me see the full pic...at least to the point where it's no being cut from left to right.

Posted via CB10
    Just FYI if you click on any pic (profile pic or shared image) you get the full view. Plus you can save shared images as well

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:56 PM
    I would go with Neatly because it remembers timeline position, even when not in an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:13 PM
    neatly has a better looking feed. The picture previews on blaq are useless. Everything seems out of scale. when I scroll through my eye catches the avatars more then the content. And the dull colors of blaq arent as good as the vibrant ones on neatly. Dull colors are a waste for such a nice screen. Ironically neatly used to have those small picture previews but they moved past this. I didn't realize untill I re-installed it to compare it with blaq. Blaq does seem faster, and I like the live streaming and the menus. Plus its incorporated into the share functions of BB10.

I dunno, tough choice. I might switch back and forth. I really hope blaq improves the look of there feed.
    04-17-13 11:28 PM
    neatly has a better looking feed. The picture previews on blaq are useless. Everything seems out of scale.
    Yeah, I'm unable to really tell who certain people are. The images are zoomed in, and then cropped. For example - One image is a cut off "AV" in red. That's the TRAVEL blog I follow. JazzFest shows up as TO,JA,FES. Wired shows up as just "i", peoples faces are cut off, etc etc.

That said, the app is pretty awesome otherwise. SO MUCH BETTER THAN NEATLY! Only other issue I have with the way it exists now (apart from some Features I'd love added) is that when viewing a profile you can't load more than 20 Tweets. You should be able to scroll through a users tweets indefinitely.
    04-18-13 12:58 AM
    That said, the app is pretty awesome otherwise. SO MUCH BETTER THAN NEATLY! Only other issue I have with the way it exists now (apart from some Features I'd love added) is that when viewing a profile you can't load more than 20 Tweets. You should be able to scroll through a users tweets indefinitely.
    Blaq developer here. Indefinitely is an impossibility. Twitter imposes limits on devs which means we can't do that. However, we will allow for some scrolling on tweets as well as users.
    madx80h likes this.
    04-18-13 01:00 AM
    Indefinitely is an impossibility. Twitter imposes limits on devs which means we can't do that. However, we will allow for some scrolling on tweets as well as users.
    Ah, wow. How nice of Twitter! Ha. Thanks for the response. Is this 20 tweet limit maxed, or is there a possibility it could be increased?
    04-18-13 01:03 AM
    Ah, wow. How nice of Twitter! Ha. Thanks for the response. Is this 20 tweet limit maxed, or is there a possibility it could be increased?
    20 is the page limit. We'll add an infinite scroll for a max of 3-5 pages or so. If we don't, you won't be able to view tweets or users on other timelines for 15 minutes (the time limit). We have to roll with it. Better for it to work and be a subset than appear to be working and stop all together.
    madx80h likes this.
    04-18-13 01:08 AM
    20 is the page limit. We'll add an infinite scroll for a max of 3-5 pages or so. If we don't, you won't be able to view tweets or users on other timelines for 15 minutes (the time limit). We have to roll with it. Better for it to work and be a subset than appear to be working and stop all together.
    Really interesting info. Thanks so much for your reply! Looking forward to future updates.
    04-18-13 01:15 AM
    I bought both as soon as they dropped so I spent more time on Neatly and got frustrated with how slow and buggy it was like can't download/save pics to my phone and the 100 new tweet limitations at startup...etc. 2 stars material
    The minute I got on Blaq was impressed with the workmanship took a few to get used it but works like a charm and haven't found bugs yet and I'm actively looking. Not to mention the developers candidate response to questions, feedback and remarks. 5 star material

Posted via CB10
    JamesIp and kevets like this.
    04-21-13 04:28 PM
    I have Blaq on Playbook, Neatly on BB10. I have a feel based on PB experience, Blaq would be smooth I'm just holding off since :/ I'll get a Q10 from work and maybe get Blaq on that to see if its better than Neatly on Z10
    04-21-13 05:04 PM
    They're both really good clients, but Blaq is a smoother experience. My only problem is that it doesn't always remember where I left off in my timeline.
    04-21-13 05:17 PM
    They're both really good clients, but Blaq is a smoother experience. My only problem is that it doesn't always remember where I left off in my timeline.
    That happens only when left open as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:44 PM
    Blaq is definitely much faster and an awesome app. Neatly is also a good app but it's very slow to load anything up... of Neatly updates and can get the speed faster than it will be a tough choice, until then Blaq wins on my Z10 hands down

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:23 PM
    That happens only when left open as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting you say that, because I don't leave it open as an active frame most of the time. It's also happened when I've had other apps open in active frame but Blaq closed. The only way I can seemingly prevent it from happening is having only BBM running in active frame.
    04-21-13 09:05 PM
45 12