A few weeks ago Crackberry posted an article related to the Native Wordpress Beta and mentioned that it was "open source." However, reading the actual post on Wordpress for Blackberry it seems that the app isn't an open source, communal project, but a piece of software abandoned by WP after their intern learned his way around BB10 native code.

"Over 15 weeks, Daniele Maio worked on building a WordPress mobile native app for BlackBerry 10 devices, with mentorship and guidance from the mobile developer community of WordPress. The project is a great example of just what contributing to WordPress is all about. We now need your help to take this app a step further, complete the work Daniele started, and release it to the public." (emphasis mine)

I love WP and am an avid user, but I'm by no means a developer and have 0 experience with code. I thought that because the 3rd party support has been tremendous on CB lately, I might post this here and cross my fingers that someone/ a group of devs take it on.

The blog post, linked above, provides links to the development blog, and a kind of WP development handbook with all the necessary tools/info. If nothing else, I'd like to see this app at least have the ability to publish. I can write a draft, but there's no way to publish from my phone. I'm forced to write the post in the native beta, then publish with the laggy android port.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have even subtle interest the project.

Cheers

*Edit* I should mention that I'm more than willing to beta test, extensively. As I said, I use wordpress a lot. I run a site with a stable of writers. You can check it out here http://yongestreetportage.wordpress.com to get a feel for the kind of work that I might need an app to do.

Also, with 10.2, the android port isn't SO bad, and it contains many of the mobile functions that I'd like to see: writing/publishing, checking statistic, settings, view comments, photo/video posts. So, you could take a look there for some ideas.

Thanks again!
    10-25-13 11:16 AM
    Good stuff.
    OMGyssels likes this.
    10-25-13 11:21 AM
    Shameless bump.
    12-06-13 08:53 PM
    Really hoping someone picks this up

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:31 PM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:10 AM
    I plan to build apps mostly needed by people. Like wordpress, snapchat already in development. Also google plus. I wish I can work on that wordpress client next time after I'm done with other apps

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and LazyEvul like this.
    12-07-13 04:49 AM
    That'd be great. There are already 2 other snapchats on development, so maybe you could switch gears and work on this one .

If nothing else, maybe you can talk to some other devs, if you know any, who might be interested in helping with this project since it's been started and is open source.

At the end of the day, maybe we can comment on this thread a little bit more and get it trending so that someone will see it!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:08 AM
    I don't see anymore updates to the 2 snapchat clients. That's why I started building mine. And yeah hope someonr sees thisband be interested

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    12-07-13 09:31 AM
    I don't see anymore updates to the 2 snapchat clients. That's why I started building mine. And yeah hope someonr sees thisband be interested

Posted via CB10
    Great! Can't wait for it

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:43 AM
    Keeping the faith. I'm using my old 9650 to write on my blog. Wish they'd get a native BB10 up and running.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-14-13 03:11 AM
    Bump?

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-17-13 08:25 PM
    Let's first make WordPress have some real customer service support like a live person to help with those that have been locked out of their account!!

Such as me seriousmobile.wordpress.com

This app kept me solid on BB10, until I was locked out.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:56 AM