If anyone is interested and not concerned about an older app version (with it possible security concerns etc.) older apk's of OneDrive will work minus the File Manager connection, of course. I just have pics on my OneDrive and am using ver 1.2.1. It is basic, lightning fast and easy on the battery. It's the same version as the one on my PlayBook which also works well.
    gillies4 likes this.
    03-12-19 07:35 PM
    If anyone is interested and not concerned about an older app version (with it possible security concerns etc.) older apk's of OneDrive will work minus the File Manager connection, of course. I just have pics on my OneDrive and am using ver 1.2.1. It is basic, lightning fast and easy on the battery. It's the same version as the one on my PlayBook which also works well.
    Strange if it works, couldn't be an API change then?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-19 11:19 PM
    It also works on the Z10. I confirm.
    And I upgrade to version 3.3.1 and it continues to work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NaGMeT; 03-13-19 at 02:55 AM.
    03-13-19 02:32 AM
    Strange if it works, couldn't be an API change then?

Posted via CB10
    It works because it is bypassing the BlackBerry commands
    That is essentially what my beta app allows you to do
    Of course file manager is not updated
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zidentia; 03-13-19 at 08:45 AM.
    03-13-19 08:34 AM
    And I upgrade to version 3.3.1 and it continues to work.
    3.3.1 doesn't work for me. I get a "No network" error when trying to log in.
    03-13-19 09:07 AM
    Posted via CB10
    What kind of application?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 09:23 AM
    3.3.1 doesn't work for me. I get a "No network" error when trying to log in.
    First you need to install version 1.2.1, and then upgrade to version 3.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-13-19 09:43 AM
    Posted via CB10
    AFAIK There were also other third party android apps with old APIs that stopped working. Do you suggest that the MS own onedrive apps uses some "universal" API ?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 09:47 AM
    I updated to version 3.4. Works great.
    03-13-19 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks - yep that works - seems as if you can get that initial log-in you can update - probably to only a certain point but good to know.

edit: looks like you can go to Ver 4.2 max
    Last edited by brookie229; 03-13-19 at 11:59 AM.
    03-13-19 10:49 AM
    AFAIK There were also other third party android apps with old APIs that stopped working. Do you suggest that the MS own onedrive apps uses some "universal" API ?

Posted via CB10
    I did not say that. Not sure how you came to that assumption.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Reread the thread and it will make more sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 11:48 AM
    I did not say that. Not sure how you came to that assumption.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess it's because of my limited knowledge in programming. I understand an API to be some kind of script to be able to connect to a service in a stipulated way and get relevant information from that service.

If several apps, bb10 and older third party android apps has stopped working, then I thought that the API had changed and I also think MS has announced that.

Then if old MS onedrive apps still work, my conclusion was that they used another kind of API (or a fallback kind of version), maybe more limited but able to connect even if the API was changed.

That was how my thoughts went.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 02:34 PM
    Well I guess it's because of my limited knowledge in programming. I understand an API to be some kind of script to be able to connect to a service in a stipulated way and get relevant information from that service.

If several apps, bb10 and older third party android apps has stopped working, then I thought that the API had changed and I also think MS has announced that.

Then if old MS onedrive apps still work, my conclusion was that they used another kind of API (or a fallback kind of version), maybe more limited but able to connect even if the API was changed.

That was how my thoughts went.

Posted via CB10
    Im not sure yet but I think the port number that the tunnel manager uses or one of the third party software that is included like nginx or kerberos might be getting blocked by something else, have an out of date certificate, or a security update that does it if defender detects something.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-19 03:37 PM
    Where did you guys find onedrive v1.2.1? I've tried yalp and apkmirror with no luck.
    Also, does anyone use playcloud?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-19 01:47 AM
    When a major service provider shuts down an older API, they often do so in stages, especially older companies like Microsoft who tend to be very conservative.

I would imagine that they may have left some old pathways open because some big customer needs more time to upgrade, etc. At some point, you can expect them to block older clients completely (or they will break due to API updates anyway), so while it's good to have a solution for today, make sure you have a Plan B, because old versions could be locked out at any time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-19 04:31 PM
    Where did you guys find onedrive v1.2.1?
    I've had my version for my old PlayBook which still works well to this day. I can send it to you via PM if you give me an email OR I think you can still get it from UptoDown.com which is a site containing older app versions. Once you install this old version you can update it to V4.2 via ApkMirror.
    04-05-19 04:52 PM
192 ... 678