What app might that be?

Posted using a BlackBerry Passport
    Connect to One drive. It is a separate app from the integrated one

Posted via CB10
    01-15-19 12:24 PM
    Connect to One drive. It is a separate app from the integrated one

Posted via CB10
    Connect to One Drive does not work on my Passport... "Unable to reach OneDrive" error message appears. Ironically, it is replaced by "Synced 1 hour ago" shortly and then appear again.
    01-16-19 10:28 AM
    Connect to One Drive does not work on my Passport... "Unable to reach OneDrive" error message appears. Ironically, it is replaced by "Synced 1 hour ago" shortly and then appear again.
    It does sync for me and I am able to view files but it goes to the web viewer. I agree it is sporadic but it has been working for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 10:40 AM
    It does sync for me and I am able to view files but it goes to the web viewer. I agree it is sporadic but it has been working for me.

Posted via CB10
    You may be using the one from Amazon or a different APK. The one from BlackBerry World no longer syncs but was integrated into the native BB10 file manager.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    redsyrup likes this.
    01-16-19 11:40 AM
    You may be using the one from Amazon or a different APK. The one from BlackBerry World no longer syncs but was integrated into the native BB10 file manager.

I do work with MS off and on and this app came from an acquaintance inside on the original team. They never released it to my knowledge because BB10 tanked. It can be set to the file manager or straight to the web. I set it to the file manager a long time ago. It can no longer populate it so it calls the website which is very slow.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 02:06 PM
    ...and I assume you can't share it with us...?
    Would be good to have app that at least syncs, I can go to the web to view directly if I want

Posted via CB10
    gillies4 likes this.
    01-16-19 05:09 PM
    ...and I assume you can't share it with us...?
    Would be good to have app that at least syncs, I can go to the web to view directly if I want

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure to be honest. I would have to find the NDA. All it does is call the browser or the file manager. You can do the same thing by going to the login and save the info. Then save it to the desktop

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 10:01 AM
    Does it sync the data on your phone, or just give you a web shortcut to allow you to select data to manually view?
    01-17-19 10:15 AM
    I am not sure to be honest. I would have to find the NDA. All it does is call the browser or the file manager. You can do the same thing by going to the login and save the info. Then save it to the desktop

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a fake.
    Show screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 12:09 PM
    Does it sync the data on your phone, or just give you a web shortcut to allow you to select data to manually view?
    It is just a Web wrapper right now but eventually they were going to pull the data apparently .

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 12:28 PM
    Cancel the apocalypse!! Hallelujah!
    Cancel the cancellation! The apocalypse is on again!

redsyrup likes this.
    01-17-19 12:56 PM
    I do work with MS off and on and this app came from an acquaintance inside on the original team. They never released it to my knowledge because BB10 tanked. It can be set to the file manager or straight to the web. I set it to the file manager a long time ago. It can no longer populate it so it calls the website which is very slow.

Posted via CB10
    MS Flow, and some remote techniques can help their if you delegate the task to another app or schedule. I think it works pretty well. Really have to avoid the web traffic and just send messages back and forth that return something arbitrary.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 10:11 PM

Apocalypse? It's more like a guy saying "abandon ship"... 15 minutes after the last life boat left the Titanic.
    01-18-19 08:02 AM

Yea this is a bummer. Androids still is not as integrated and I just stumbled on caching assets from my OneDrive, which coincidentally still work offline.
    It's as if it was too much freedom, and by accident

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 08:52 AM
    That's great if you can get through a day without constant access to a store of synced work files. I, alas, cannot.
    You can embed a folder into a Web page with an Iframe and set your permissions. I haven't tried theirs but I know you can also involve Box with the process which has a more usable Web interface. That way you can book mark the url somewhere and have a shortcut to update or view with the browser. 'iServe' and 'Healium' could get a page up to a localhost on your device pretty quickly.
    Evernotes not as secure but you can attach most files with share to as long as you have a note open. It's actually not bad.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 09:10 AM
    01-18-19 09:54 AM
    Apocalypse? It's more like a guy saying "abandon ship"... 15 minutes after the last life boat left the Titanic.
    Well, I was being histrionic with my original "Cancel the apocalypse!" quite, so I figured I'd be equally over dramatic with my follow up.

I had really hoped that Connect to OneDrive would work for another couple of years, but Microsoft certainly has the right to change their APIs, and BlackBerry has no responsibility to update the app.

I am a little disappointed that the app was not treated the same as the Box and DropBox connector apps and the Evernote app. Advanced notice of the change would have been nice.

01-18-19 10:01 AM
    You can embed a folder into a Web page with an Iframe and set your permissions. I haven't tried theirs but I know you can also involve Box with the process which has a more usable Web interface. That way you can book mark the url somewhere and have a shortcut to update or view with the browser. 'iServe' and 'Healium' could get a page up to a localhost on your device pretty quickly.
    Evernotes not as secure but you can attach most files with share to as long as you have a note open. It's actually not bad.

Posted via CB10
    I understand, but the real value of integration with the OS for me was the ability to attach files to email, and download files from email to the right storage location. Accessing the files in a browser has almost no value for me.

My local storage-based one-way sync is the best work-around for my use case. Also, the security issues in your method would be an issue for me. Finally, I can do the same thing with my SharePoint server more easily anyway.

01-18-19 10:05 AM
    I understand, but the real value of integration with the OS for me was the ability to attach files to email, and download files from email to the right storage location. Accessing the files in a browser has almost no value for me.

My local storage-based one-way sync is the best work-around for my use case. Also, the security issues in your method would be an issue for me. Finally, I can do the same thing with my SharePoint server more easily anyway.

I think most people that were still using it feel the same way. I'm just saying that you can still manage it like an active directory remotely. It just might take a min to figure out. Either with a custom Flow or your own scripts and streams.

Never tried SharePoint.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 10:17 AM
    I think most people that were still using it feel the same way. I'm just saying that you can still manage it like an active directory remotely. It just might take a min to figure out. Either with a custom Flow or your own scripts and streams.

Never tried SharePoint.

Posted via CB10
    I have an E5 Office 365 account that includes a SharePoint server with virtually unlimited storage. It's basically a web-based file sharing and workflow solution.

01-18-19 10:22 AM
    I understand, but the real value of integration with the OS for me was the ability to attach files to email, and download files from email to the right storage location.
    Was one of the best features of BB10... even now with Android, attaching files is a little more cumbersome. I do miss BB10 at times.
    01-18-19 11:11 AM
    Was one of the best features of BB10... even now with Android, attaching files is a little more cumbersome. I do miss BB10 at times.
    Yes. This is about 75% of my work flow by volume, which is why I have remained on the platform despite being the proud owner of a lovely KEYone.

01-18-19 04:57 PM
    Now that we can probably/finally declare that OneDrive is dunzo, what are my options to remotely access files on my Mac?

I tried Link and that doesn't work. I tried Blend and that doesn't work either.

Looking for some advice from some of you more technically savvy types.

Please spare me the "get a Key phone".

Any work arounds to get things working just like native dropbox/OneDrive?

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    01-20-19 04:54 PM
    Now that we can probably/finally declare that OneDrive is dunzo, what are my options to remotely access files on my Mac?

Basket.
    01-20-19 05:05 PM

PlayCloud has been mentioned a few times, it might be worth looking into on BB World.
    01-20-19 07:07 PM
192 ... 23456 ...