Just a heads up for BB10 users.

I'm no longer able to acces my files through "Connect to OneDrive" with either the native app nor "PlayCloud" on BB10.

It seems the APIs have been finally deprecated: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/one...p-graph-online

P.S. Just FYI, it's also not connecting currently through Solid Explorer on my Android devices (see attached image).
    Attached Thumbnails Native OneDrive EOL on BB10?-19727.jpg  
    joeragan likes this.
    01-08-19 08:41 PM
    It will be interesting to see what's going on. It was working earlier today.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-08-19 08:47 PM
    Any alternatives to use OneDrive on BB10?

Posted using a BlackBerry Passport
    01-09-19 07:02 AM
    Any alternatives to use OneDrive on BB10?

Posted using a BlackBerry Passport
    Via the browser?
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    01-09-19 08:08 AM
    So, I contacted BlackBerry Limited support, and they said to contact the third party developer, which is.....Blackberry Limited. LOL

I'm not expecting much, but an official status update doesn't seem to be asking too much. If they're not going to update the APIs, which doesn't look too difficult, and this is permanent, I'd like to know.

Not having OneDrive integrated into the File Manager is likely a device Killer for me.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-09-19 08:49 AM
    Maybe the CB staff Can get us an update?

01-09-19 08:51 AM
    I just went to get something on my PPSE and it wouldn't work. That's a killer for me. I was thinking of going back to my SE too!!!!

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    01-09-19 09:33 AM
    Android app is a no-go. You have to go waaaay back (over 2 years) to find a pre-KitKat apk (v4.2). It won't let you sign in.
    01-09-19 09:54 AM
    I downloaded Smart File Manager by Lufick today from play store. Works fine and quite smooth with One drive, Dropbox and Box . I'll use it as a cloud app replacement.

No patching needed (doesn't work for Google drive which needs play services)

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 10:08 AM
    Android app is a no-go. You have to go waaaay back (over 2 years) to find a pre-KitKat apk (v4.2). It won't let you sign in.
    That's correct, I tried the same yesterday and it just gives an error when attempting to sign in.

It seems that the option is either the browser or a third party app as mentioned above.
    01-09-19 10:48 AM
    So, I tried to go through the Blackberry Limited support channels, but, not surprisingly, it's been pretty useless. No one knows anything about the app. As far as they're concerned it doesn't exist. Here's the basic story:

ME: Hi. My Connect to Microsoft OneDrive app for BB10 cannot connect to OneDrive. Others have reported the same issue. Can you provide a status? Thanks!

BB HELP: Sorry for your concern. Please contact the third-party developer. Contact information can be found in the application's store. ^CMR

ME: You realize that BlackBerry Limited developed the app, right? The developer is BlackBerry Limited. The app is "Connect to Microsoft OneDrive."

BB HELP: I see. Kindly refer to this link for assistance: https://global.blackberry.com/en/support/contact [Link to the BlackBerry Limited Corporate support site]. Thanks. ^CMR

ME: Can you please tell me which item in the drop down menu to use? There is no category for BB10 apps other than BBM, Blend, and Link.

I'm frustrated (but not surprised) that they seem to have forgotten that this app exists. What's annoying is that no one can say who is responsible for the BB10 apps that BlackBerry developed themselves. I'm not expecting a lot, just a statement from someone who has responsibility as to what I can expect.

Obviously, I can answer that question for myself, if they don't. But I'd really prefer an official response, considering the company that created the app is still a going concern.
    Attached Thumbnails Native OneDrive EOL on BB10?-bb-support.png  
    BigBadWulf and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-09-19 10:51 AM
    So, I contacted BlackBerry Limited support, and they said to contact the third party developer, which is.....Blackberry Limited. LOL

I'm not expecting much, but an official status update doesn't seem to be asking too much. If they're not going to update the APIs, which doesn't look too difficult, and this is permanent, I'd like to know.

Not having OneDrive integrated into the File Manager is likely a device Killer for me.

It's unfortunate, I found the integration quite good with the native file explorer. I doubt BlackBerry Ltd. will update the app, not sure they even have someone to do it.

While I've switched to Android (PRIV and then KEYᵒⁿᵉ) since late 2016, my Passport was my go to device at home and would often use OneDrive on it. It also served me to have several things synced. Sad news indeed.
    01-09-19 10:53 AM
    I downloaded Smart File Manager by Lufick today from play store. Works fine and quite smooth with One drive, Dropbox and Box . I'll use it as a cloud app replacement.

No patching needed (doesn't work for Google drive which needs play services)

Posted via CB10
    Is this the app you mention? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fo.filemanager
    01-09-19 11:00 AM
    That's the one!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 11:08 AM
    Cannot even access the files from my Passport browsers. Blocking access from browsers, that it means they block http headers that mention Blackberry, is not an API depracation is a targeted block on specific devices. This is a discrimination from vendors and the question is if we intend switch device or switch services.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    01-09-19 11:31 AM
    Cannot even access the files from my Passport browsers. Blocking access from browsers, that it means they block http headers that mention Blackberry, is not an API depracation is a targeted block on specific devices. This is a discrimination from vendors and the question is if we intend switch device or switch services.

Posted via CB10
    Nah. It's just that the BlackBerry browser is old. Use Kiwi Android browser.
    01-09-19 11:42 AM
    It works for me with no issue. Perhaps it will start to become a problem eventually.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 11:53 AM
    It works for me with no issue. Perhaps it will start to become a problem eventually.

Posted via CB10
    You're using the native Connect to OneDrive BB10 app? Could you please share a screen shot of your OneDrive displaying folders in the File Manager?

01-09-19 01:55 PM
    I have the Dropbox working ok as an alternative cloud app I think I got it from the Amazon App store if not check Yalp

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 01:57 PM
    Maybe the CB staff Can get us an update?

Checking on it, but I'm picturing an Ivan Drago situation.

Native OneDrive EOL on BB10?-maxresdefault.jpg

If it dies, it dies!
    john_v and AmritD like this.
    01-09-19 01:59 PM
    Checking on it, but I'm picturing an Ivan Drago situation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	442340

If it dies, it dies!
    If that's the word, then we know where we stand. It will save me a few bucks a month for a data plan for my BB10 devices, which I'll transition to WiFi only at home and in the office.

If BlackBerry Limited updates the app with the new APIs, which may not be difficult, I'll be eternally grateful.

01-09-19 04:07 PM
    Sent a tweet to OneDrive on twitter. The only response I got was "is your account business or personal" when I said personal, they fell off the face of the planet
    01-09-19 06:21 PM
    Sent a tweet to OneDrive on twitter. The only response I got was "is your account business or personal" when I said personal, they fell off the face of the planet
    Not on them to fix anyway. They made an API change, apps using that API need to adjust.
    01-09-19 06:45 PM
    ... Not having OneDrive integrated into the File Manager is likely a device Killer for me ...
    It's a OneDrive killer for me.
    01-09-19 08:23 PM
    Seems to be dead for me too - it allows me to login but then I get the message unable to reach OneDrive ☹️ - worked last week.
    01-09-19 09:23 PM
192 123 ...