Use it so much and more often now I get moments of lag on the video playback like there are not enough system resources.

It's annoying as I'm in the middle of a rerun of farscape.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:14 PM
    It's much better with the 10.3 runtime. No lag. So just wait for 10.3 release because it's more realistic than Netflix support

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:16 PM
    Its not likely to see Netflix make a BB10 app.
    08-11-14 05:18 PM
    Ha. This thread was a polite please towards one of the community devs.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not possible at all. Either netflix makes it or no one does. The reason we have some third party apps like snap2chat is because the original developer released the source code or made it open source therefore other devs could make their own apps for it. Netflix has not, and probably will never do this

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe Netflix has a public API anymore ...
    08-11-14 05:31 PM
    Not going to happen sorry, but perhaps get an app killer type app such as Taskmanager to stop background processes that may be slowing down the Android runtime. This only works to stop Android processes though. I haven't had a single hiccup with Netflix on my Z10. Not even once. Most of my Android apps run as well as native. I hope 10.3 can get rid of the word 'most' in the previous sentence.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:34 PM
    I run Netflix on my Z30 and I have no issues. I had a Galaxy S4 and the Netflix didn't run any better on that. If they haven't released it by now it appears they are never going to.
    08-11-14 05:41 PM
    I run Netflix on my Z30 and I have no issues. I had a Galaxy S4 and the Netflix didn't run any better on that. If they haven't released it by now it appears they are never going to.
    Also netflix will stop updating their Android app

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:48 PM
    08-11-14 06:17 PM
    Not always an app issue... if you are on WFI or LTE it can be signal or bandwith issues with you carrier....
    08-11-14 06:28 PM
    Let's make a poll, how many BB10 users run Netflix, how many would be necessary at 8 US$/month to justify developing a native app, I guess having the api's and the simple UI that Netflix has not more than a month, and certainly Netflix will get more users by doing it, at least porting the Android app to BB World.
    08-11-14 07:23 PM
    Let's make a poll, how many BB10 users run Netflix, how many would be necessary at 8 US$/month to justify developing a native app, I guess having the api's and the simple UI that Netflix has not more than a month, and certainly Netflix will get more users by doing it, at least porting the Android app to BB World.
    Netflix isn't working on phone apps anymore. They officially said that they won't be updating the android app and probably the ios apps anymore

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:34 PM
    I would prefer the Android version myself because a native one wouldn't support Chromecast.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-11-14 07:41 PM
    Use it so much and more often now I get moments of lag on the video playback like there are not enough system resources.

It's annoying as I'm in the middle of a rerun of farscape.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the latest version? Had an update in Snap a couple days ago, not sure when it was actually released.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:44 PM
    Seems like you're being ignored. Anyway, why do you say this? Are they going Browser /HtML5 route? Hope they don't pull a Hulu, and block BlackBerry browser.

Netflix isn't working on phone apps anymore. They officially said that they won't be updating the android app and probably the ios apps anymore

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10, on Z30-5, from the USA. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
    08-11-14 08:18 PM
    Joined the other day

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:04 PM
    Seems like you're being ignored. Anyway, why do you say this? Are they going Browser /HtML5 route? Hope they don't pull a Hulu, and block BlackBerry browser.

Posted via CB10, on Z30-5, from the USA. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
    Yup I'm being ignored lol. But from what I know, Netflix is stopping updating their Android and ios apps because they don't feel a future update is necessary atm. So no they won't be going the browser route afaik, they're just not working on their apps

Posted via CB10
    bb_uzer likes this.
    08-11-14 10:09 PM
    Had no problems with netflix on my Q. LTE or wifi.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:52 PM
    Not possible at all. Either netflix makes it or no one does. The reason we have some third party apps like snap2chat is because the original developer released the source code or made it open source therefore other devs could make their own apps for it. Netflix has not, and probably will never do this

Posted via CB10
    This is not true. Not all the apps available are open sourced or have source code released
    I wouldn't put it past a few qualified devs to make an app for it. I think it's more of a question of when than if.
    08-12-14 12:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Didn't know that, where did they say it?
    08-12-14 09:30 AM
    Join our Channel C003D66A4 to chase developers to build apps for BB10, first one we are targeting right now is Netflix.
    Native Netflix please....-netflix.jpg

Hitch
    08-12-14 09:37 AM
    Imagine a native netflix app for the Passport! that would be great for traveling to work in the mornings!
    08-13-14 03:57 PM
    Imagine a native netflix app for the Passport! that would be great for traveling to work in the mornings!
    No comment what else???? A passport with Netflix native ;-)

Hitch
    08-13-14 04:10 PM
    Sadly it won't seem to happen Luckily the android port works flawlessy
    08-13-14 05:15 PM
34 12