Hey guys and gals. Over on another section of the forums I announced the launch of onbb10.com.

The site is designed to gather feedback from the community and help crowd fund some apps.

I personally would like to see an Instapaper app available on BB10. I am now asking the community if this is something they would want to help fund. If funded, the app would be free to download. The one caveat with Instapaper is that they require third party apps force a $1/month fee on users. I would like to petition Instapaper to waive this since I would not be competitive with them due to their lack of an app on the platform.

This is where you guys come in. I need about $1500 for version 1 of the app. If this is something you are interested in, let me know and I will put up a crowdsourcing page for the app. I'd also like everyone to bug Instapaper about waiving the subscription requirement for the app as I would hate to force users to pay just because they are using a BlackBerry.

Let me know what you think!

You can follow me (and mention me to Instapaper) @ItsThisJustin on Twitter

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:23 PM
    Crowd funding the apps that we sought after is a good idea. I don't have a need for instapaper per se, but I'm game if it means to bring more apps in to Blackberry world. Just don't ask me to bug them.
    09-19-13 12:22 AM
    Crowd funding the apps that we sought after is a good idea. I don't have a need for instapaper per se, but I'm game if it means to bring more apps in to Blackberry world. Just don't ask me to bug them.
    Ok what apps would you like to see? Add the ones you need to the site and I'll see what it would take to develop them. I really only want to develop the ones the community wants so let me know.
    09-19-13 04:03 AM
    A read-later type of app is a nagging hole in the types of apps I use on my Z10. I know about the one for Pocket, which I don't use, and already have content in both Instapaper and Readability. I'd be happy for an app for either of them on BB10.
    09-20-13 01:18 AM