04-18-21 07:22 AM
30 12
tools
    Hey, folks, could someone please share a .bar app - the only prerequisite being the support for .epub and dark backgrounds? Everything I come across keeps referring me to BB World, which I cannot remedy on the phone because my Windows is in safe mode, and the required drivers aren't available for current macOS. Either this - or .bar files converted from Android. I'm kind of surprised finding native apps is so cumbersome on BB 10 OS, much more so than even on Symbian. Please do not suggest anything converted from .apk. Many thanks in advance!

P.S. A working native YouVersion version (pun intended) would be appreciated, too
    Last edited by Al3xander M; 04-16-21 at 09:25 AM.
    04-16-21 09:06 AM
    Hey, folks, could someone please share a .bar app - the only prerequisite being the support for .epub and dark backgrounds? Everything I come across keeps referring me to BB World, which I cannot remedy on the phone because my Windows is in safe mode, and the required drivers aren't available for current macOS. Either this - or .bar files converted from Android. I'm kind of surprised finding native apps is so cumbersome on BB 10 OS, much more so than even on Symbian. Please do not suggest anything converted from .apk. Many thanks in advance!

P.S. A working native YouVersion version (pun intended) would be appreciated, too
    My favourite is Playepub bookreader, from BBW. But I don't understand your problem with BBW? If you need to update BBW you do it with a .bar-file too.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-21 09:37 AM
    Hey, Mike, thanks for your prompt reply! The problem is this: https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10

In a nutshell: all the fancy stuff I need to install on the computer, which isn't exactly available for mine.
    04-16-21 10:11 AM
    Also, isn't Playepub paid?
    04-16-21 10:11 AM

You can’t load a .bar file without a computer so you are either going to have to fix your computer or fix BB World.

Does your BB World app not work as there is a fix for that but again you’re gonna need to load a .bar file with your computer.

Seems to me like you need to get your computer working first and foremost.
    04-16-21 11:49 AM
    Look, mate, I've got a Mac on which those drivers won't install. The Windows partition is broken and I don't really have the time to fix it. BlackBerry did make things complicated with all the bloatware required to simply hook the phone up to a computer.

I did, however, manage to add that BB10 manager extension to Edge on Windows so I am able to install .bar files. Could you just please share an .ePub viewer or even refer me to a repository, from which native apps could be downloaded? Thanks!
    04-17-21 01:20 AM
    Look, mate, I've got a Mac on which those drivers won't install. The Windows partition is broken and I don't really have the time to fix it. BlackBerry did make things complicated with all the bloatware required to simply hook the phone up to a computer.

I did, however, manage to add that BB10 manager extension to Edge on Windows so I am able to install .bar files. Could you just please share an .ePub viewer or even refer me to a repository, from which native apps could be downloaded? Thanks!
    This is all we have:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    04-17-21 08:45 AM
    Thanks, conite, though I don't quite get it. How come the community have only got 50 apps or thereabouts? Even Symbian folks can provide much more, though Symbian was already dead by the time BB10 OS was released.
    04-17-21 10:07 AM
    Thanks, conite, though I don't quite get it. How come the community have only got 50 apps or thereabouts? Even Symbian folks can provide much more, though Symbian was already dead by the time BB10 OS was released.
    Because most developers had long abandoned their apps (many 5+ years ago), and are nowhere to be found.
    04-17-21 10:09 AM
    Mate, most Symbian developers don't even exist as legal entities anymore
    04-17-21 10:20 AM
    So how to you ask them to release their apps then?
    04-17-21 10:31 AM
    I mean, the apps are still out there somehow. I have no idea, but with BlackBerry, it seems, most native apps never made it out of Za Waru... sorry, I mean - out of the World store
    04-17-21 11:00 AM
    I don't get it. How do you even have an app for a Sybian?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-21 11:55 AM
    I mean, the apps are still out there somehow. I have no idea, but with BlackBerry, it seems, most native apps never made it out of Za Waru... sorry, I mean - out of the World store
    Because they can't be extracted from a device after having been installed. There is no other way to obtain them apart from BlackBerry World or direct from the developer.
    04-17-21 12:30 PM
    I don't get it. How do you even have an app for a Sybian?

Posted via CB10
    The bigger takeaway is that BBOS, Symbian, PalmOS and webOS are still and were back then, far bigger and mature OS for their development era.

Much of what everyone thinks about BB10 relative to BlackBerry Limited and his the mobile industry can be considered more urban legend, myth of epic proportions with assumptions of characteristics and benefits far removed from reality. BB10 was really more hype and charisma than substance. It’s stuck on initial release “10” having never made it beyond year one theoretically.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-17-21 12:32 PM
    Thought as much. I appreciate your taking the time to explain, though!
    04-17-21 12:34 PM
    The bigger takeaway is that BBOS, Symbian, PalmOS and webOS are still and were back then, far bigger and mature OS for their development era.

Much of what everyone thinks about BB10 relative to BlackBerry Limited and his the mobile industry can be considered more urban legend, myth of epic proportions with assumptions of characteristics and benefits far removed from reality. BB10 was really more hype and charisma than substance. It’s stuck on initial release “10” having never made it beyond year one theoretically.
    I was making a joke. It was an obscure one.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-21 12:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL, okay that I get upon reading with thought in mind ;-D
    04-17-21 12:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bizarre, huh?
    04-17-21 01:04 PM

So if you can install bar-files now, why not just pull yourself together and update BBW and then look for epub readers?
    04-17-21 03:04 PM
    So if you can install bar-files now, why not just pull yourself together and update BBW and then look for epub readers?
    Legit lol'd at "pull yourself together" !
    04-17-21 03:12 PM
    That's all good and well, dudes, but you just cannot install apps in safe mode on Windows.
    04-17-21 05:45 PM
    That's all good and well, dudes, but you just cannot install apps in safe mode on Windows.
    Keep in mind that BB10 servers are supposed to be shutting down in 10 months and BB10 devices have dependency on those servers. The system is very closed sourced
    04-17-21 06:30 PM
    Which means?
    04-17-21 06:44 PM
    Which means?
    Which means no more BlackBerry World.
    04-17-21 06:44 PM
30 12