I get quite annoyed when I pay for an app only to find out its a android port. Is there any pre-download method that I can tell if an app is native or a port?
    06-27-16 10:43 PM
    The description on BlackBerry World should include a Built for BlackBerry logo if it is a native app, but I believe that program has been discontinued.
    06-27-16 11:59 PM
    Built For BlackBerry is indeed discontinued, and all BFBB logo were taken out of the apps that achieved to earn the badge in the past. Unfortunately, your only way to detect an Android port is to look at the screenshots, and sometimes it's hard to tell.

Don't forget that you can ask for a refund if an app didn't meet your expectations by filling this short form :
    https://salesforce.services.blackber...bforms/bbworld

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 12:40 AM
    Or simply use the "contact developer" option in BBW and ask. If enough people ask, the dev should get the idea.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-28-16 01:56 AM
    According to this: http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...oice/bb10.html there are a possible of 4 types of app development: Cascades, HTML5, AIR and ART. I would like to see icons that indicate how the app was developed in BBW and be able to filter them in searches. Maybe BB doesn't like the idea of segregation and don't care how the app was made just as long as its on BBW but I would appreciate a system that promotes greater transparency in apps. Most BB users have no problem paying for quality apps.
    06-28-16 10:18 PM
    According to this: http://developer.blackberry.com/devz...oice/bb10.html there are a possible of 4 types of app development: Cascades, HTML5, AIR and ART. I would like to see icons that indicate how the app was developed in BBW and be able to filter them in searches. Maybe BB doesn't like the idea of segregation and don't care how the app was made just as long as its on BBW but I would appreciate a system that promotes greater transparency in apps. Most BB users have no problem paying for quality apps.
    A few months ago, I started an initiative where I was asking other developers if they would like to create a distinctive overlay logo that native developers would put over their existing native app icon so that user would be able to identify a native app from a ported Android app just by looking at the icon in BlackBerry World, but the initiative was quickly stopped by BlackBerry who said they would reject any app submitted that would incorporate the overlay logo...

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...ld/m-p/3160453

BlackBerry did hear us though and proposed a new initiative on their own, which is the "Great Apps on BlackBerry" program. This program selects a few native apps with great reviews and promote them in a glowing and shinny section in BlackBerry World, like seen on this picture.

Is it a native BB10 app?-great-apps-blackberry.jpg

You can see how much effort they put to make that section really standout... </sarcasm>

This section shows one week per month with new apps every time. For now, this section is the only way to be 100% sure you're buying a native app.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229, baarn and QtHelex like this.
    06-29-16 08:33 AM
    Thanks but the great apps program is not really what I'm talking about plus it's pretty well known. It's too bad BB shut down your idea but if you want to highlight your app is native cascades then just put it in the description rather than some superimposed icon. If all developers put this in the description there wouldn't be a problem to begin with.
    06-29-16 11:27 PM