Screenshots of MyProfilesPro 1.1.20
    Upper left image is the main page of MyProfilesPro where each profile (each icon on that image) can be assigned to a NFC tag (tap a tag to launch it or launch it directly by tapping the icon).*
    The other 3 images (upper right, lower right and lower left) are settings for each profile (or each NFC tag).

MyProfilesPro is a BBM Connected, NFC enabled, Card Activated, Native BB10 app currently supporting Z10 and Q10 smartphones. By tapping your Z10 or Q10 on a NFC tag (or selecting an icon in this app) you can quickly change your profile to your pre-set values and run tasks you have set for that profile.

For example when you come home, you can just tap your Z10 on a NFC tag at front door to set the BB10 device Volume to %80, turn Wifi On, Turn Bluetooth Off (if you have used hands-free system in your car), send SMS to your partner that you are home, update your BBM avatar to Home icon, update your personal BBM message to �I am Home�. All of the above by just tapping a single NFC tag. You don�t even need to open this app. (Because of the BB10 OS requirements and limitations, some tasks need your confirmation, and some need your action. In those cases this app opens the screen needed for the task, goes to background waiting for you to execute the task.)

Version 1.0.0 is on BlackBerry World. (Version 1.0.6 submitted to BB World as a free upgrade. It is waiting for approval).

MyProfilesPro will get more settings/tasks as BB10 APIs get more mature.
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-21-13 at 08:19 PM.
    BThunderW, bquinney and tangyboy like this.
    02-09-13 08:43 AM
    I have this. A nice start. Hopefully blackberry will provide the api's needed to provide more enhanced features like the ability to switch profiles and what not

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Vijik likes this.
    02-09-13 11:38 AM
    I have this. A nice start. Hopefully blackberry will provide the api's needed to provide more enhanced features like the ability to switch profiles and what not

Constantly monitoring BB10 APIs to add more settings and tasks including the profile switcher.
    Hopefully BB10 APIs will provide all APIs BlackBerry has on BB OS 7 Java, so that the rich features in NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe can be added to MyProfilesPro and ShortcutMe 10 on BB10.
    02-10-13 07:27 PM
    Constantly monitoring BB10 APIs
    and soon you will get background running apps - and headless apps ... good things to come... :-)
    02-11-13 01:11 PM
    and soon you will get background running apps - and headless apps ... good things to come... :-)
    Exactly.
    I wished background running apps, headless apps, and auto start apps, were available today.
    02-11-13 03:29 PM
    Man, this is exactly what I need, coming from an Android phone with which I use NFC tags to change settings! Keep up the good work!
    02-11-13 05:58 PM
    Exactly.
    I wished background running apps, headless apps, and auto start apps, were available today.

I want them as well - but not really - well - not Until or unless we also have some "startup manager" - where we can have some control - that we Never did before... It was crazy the way all apps wanted to autostart and run in background... I want to be the commander in control :-)

Another way to accomplish - is to let us access the different signals already in the OS, so we can fire up all- or parts of our apps depending on what's happening... No need for the app to run all the time, only to fire some functions when certain things are trigged...
    02-11-13 08:22 PM
    Question:
    I understand the tag programming is currently limited du to api's. My question is, if a tag is programmed to switch sound profiles on a device that IS currently capable of doing so (Android), will the tag be read by my Z10?
    02-12-13 10:49 AM
    I want them as well - but not really - well - not Until or unless we also have some "startup manager" - where we can have some control - that we Never did before... It was crazy the way all apps wanted to autostart and run in background... I want to be the commander in control :-)

Another way to accomplish - is to let us access the different signals already in the OS, so we can fire up all- or parts of our apps depending on what's happening... No need for the app to run all the time, only to fire some functions when certain things are trigged...
    Agree that it was crazy before on Java
    plaplatform. Hopefully those features are added to the APIs to help
    developers as well as a way to give the users power to monitor
    and kill/disallow apps to use those features if needed.

Currently lack of those features in the APIs is bad for both developers and end users.
    02-13-13 07:24 AM
    Question:
    I understand the tag programming is currently limited du to api's. My question is, if a tag is programmed to switch sound profiles on a device that IS currently capable of doing so (Android), will the tag be read by my Z10?
    Not with MyProfilesPro.

Usually a tag that is programmed to do a task can only work with
    the same App.

Exception to the above statement is for tags that are programmed
    with standard URIs that are defined and supported on both platforms.
    02-13-13 07:35 AM
    Ok thanks so much.
    02-13-13 09:05 AM
    Just wanted to thank existing customers for being patient and have understanding for the fact that it takes longer time for the new version with bug fixes to get approved on BB World because of massive app submissions to BB World in January.

As a developer I can't do anything to get the new version approved and available to you. I am sorry for that.
    02-13-13 10:20 PM
    The latest version of the MyProfilesPro, version 1.1, is now approved and ready for download from BlackBerry World
    02-14-13 05:30 PM
    For your Info:

MyProfilesPro 1.1.2 is submitted to BB World. It has a fix for the Email Task bug (MPP 1.1 doesn't open email compose screen).
    02-16-13 07:53 AM
    I tried to do a tag that's sends a text and it reads and launches the app but the app just says it's running a process click here to stop (something along those lines at least im working from memory) the text never gets sent. Bug or API problem?
    02-16-13 08:13 AM
    I'm not complaining with all my posts. I'm very positive about this app and nfc and just want to help make it the best it can be. I can tell you via email in the future if you'd like to be more private.
    dietertong and Vijik like this.
    02-16-13 08:15 AM
    I tried to do a tag that's sends a text and it reads and launches the app but the app just says it's running a process click here to stop (something along those lines at least im working from memory) the text never gets sent. Bug or API problem?
    It sounds like a bug. APIs are fine I think.
    I will check.
    Thank you for reporting the bug.
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-16-13 at 09:10 AM.
    02-16-13 08:52 AM
    I'm not complaining with all my posts. I'm very positive about this app and nfc and just want to help make it the best it can be. I can tell you via email in the future if you'd like to be more private.
    I appreciate that you post it here so that other users can also know about known bugs.
    I definitely don't see this as a complain. This is a good constructive feedback, something I need to improve the app and remove bugs.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Vijik; 02-16-13 at 09:10 AM.
    02-16-13 08:56 AM
    SMS-task-freezing was a bug in the app.
    Removed the bug, made a new version 1.1.3 and submitted it (5 minutes ago).
    Now, the question is when it gets approved by BB World so that it can be downloaded.

Thanks again for reporting the bug.
    02-16-13 09:09 AM
    Sweet! We understand that the delay between submission and availability it beyond your control
    02-16-13 10:11 AM
    Still no update for me
    02-24-13 04:46 PM
    Still no update for me
    I have sent BlackBerry World several emails asking/begging them to approve the submitted new version. Haven't heard back from them yet.
    I understand that they have a lot to do because of the massive app submissions lately, but I would hope to see them having a faster approval process for new versions of an app that is already approved and is on BB World.
    02-25-13 06:22 AM
    Ya I mean I expected a delay but this is too long. Meanwhile they keep pumping out useless do nothing apps.
    02-25-13 08:59 AM
    It's finally there!! I got an update!
    03-05-13 03:28 PM
    I used a couple of apps on my OS 7 blackberry to automatically switch profiles based on time, calendar keywords, etc. I used them ALL THE TIME for going to/from work. Is this at all possible with this app? A possible future addition? This app sounds awesome, but if I have to manually tap to switch it becomes less useful as I know I'll forget when I get to work, or get home, etc. PLEASE include this if at all possible, and thanks for all the work you've put into this.
    03-05-13 03:46 PM
157 123 ...