02-20-14 10:24 PM
88 1234
tools
    Here is the email reply I received.

Dave wrote:
    APR 08, 2013 | 06:34PM PDT
    Hi,

Thank you for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal app is not a candidate for this easy porting process. Therefore, the MyFitnessPal application, unfortunately will not be available for use with the Blackberry 10.

However, our program is always available via our website at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. Just sign into the members log in area with the same username and password you currently use. Regardless of the device or how you access our program, if the program is available via app, tablet or website, then you should be able to access your account in all places with the same username and password.

Sorry we could not be of more help at this time. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Dave
    Myfitnesspal Staff

-------------------------
    New to MyFitnessPal? You can quickly find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here.
    Using one of our mobile apps? Frequently Asked Questions -- and in some cases Tutorial Videos! -- are found on the "More" page of the apps.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on our customer service!
    Click here to leave us your feedback

PLEASE NOTE: Your feedback is of great value to us. However, if you require further technical support, please simply reply to the current email. We welcome your feedback responses at any time, but use of the feedback link to request additional tech support will delay the response from our support team.

Needless to say it is clearly a generic, perhaps automated one click response. No different then the other 50 million responses.
    04-08-13 01:20 PM
    Anyone know if TrackMyFitness may make its way to BB10? That's another good one.....very in depth
    04-08-13 10:59 PM
    Loose it works great! Not sure about track my fitness

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:07 PM
    FatSecret calorie/exercise app is coming to BB10. Not the same, but pretty good.
    ______
    Something of that sort would be very useful.
    04-09-13 01:12 AM
    Thought I was the only blackberry guy using this app. I emailed the Feb 5th when I got my Z10. Same response as everyone else.

Glad to see they are getting bombarded.

What is the replacement app for this? I want to give it a try.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-09-13 01:20 AM
    yea, its pretty awesome. ive used it inthe past, but just got into the habit of MFP. just as good. syncs to the fitbit, withings and a few others, but not bodymedia fit. has a decent food database and also a bar scanner. the web gui is pretty slick too.

ive crashed the app when i hit the "motivate"/friends sections, but doesnt really bother me since i just need an on hand tracker.

heres the bar file if anyone wants it:
    Lose It! for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Health and Fitness Apps | Android APPS - Blackberry 10 Apps & Playbook Apps

and their website to join/login:
    Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It!
    Thanks. I downloaded the file to my phone. What do I do now? When I try to open it I receive an error message .

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:17 AM
    Thanks. I downloaded the file to my phone. What do I do now? When I try to open it I receive an error message .

Posted via CB10
    You have to side load ir from a computer. Here is. Tutorial on how to sideload

http://m.crackberry.com/how-put-andr...erry-10-device

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:36 AM
    Oh okay thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:48 PM
    There's Body Buddy. I just downloaded it, it seems good, you can enter your exercises and meals... but haven't used it yet. I'm not too familiar with myfitnesspal though, so I wouldn't be able to compare them....

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:57 PM
    There's Body Buddy. I just downloaded it, it seems good, you can enter your exercises and meals... but haven't used it yet. I'm not too familiar with myfitnesspal though, so I wouldn't be able to compare them....

Posted via CB10
    Tnx will try it out and compare with myfitnesspal

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-09-13 11:24 PM
    This sideloading is a bunch of malarkey. ;;;;;sigh;;;;;
    04-11-13 12:27 AM
    This sideloading is a bunch of malarkey. ;;;;;sigh;;;;;
    ______

Meaning stick with BBRY, non-Android, apps only?
    04-13-13 01:34 AM
    ______

Meaning stick with BBRY, non-Android, apps only?
    Well no, i understand there are lots of users with successful sideloading. Sideloading is just a bother to me. I havent sideloaded anything and have only bought 1 app from BBW- somehow if I dig deep enough, there is an android folder on my phone somewhere .

In a perfect world, i just would like the need to sideload to not exist!
    04-13-13 09:06 AM
    myfitnesspal doesnt work when sideloaded
    i use loseit (sideload) pretty good, but my fitnesspas has a better database
    04-17-13 01:21 AM
    myfitnesspal doesnt work when sideloaded
    i use loseit (sideload) pretty good, but my fitnesspas has a better database
    Agreed love the program but database is not as big as MFP.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:54 AM
    Fat Secret has a good database, and is bringing the app to BB10, but still no ETA.
    04-17-13 11:03 AM
    We should make sure we are emailing their support email and posting on their forums for a BB10 app. It will help them gauge demand and perhaps convince them to invest in the platform.
    05-04-13 01:12 PM
    Md03wx agree completely. They're not going to act until they feel there is a big enough demand. The best way to convey that to MFP is to contact them on their site, Facebook, Twitter, and in their forum.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:10 AM
    I have contacted them every way possible. Same lame response every time.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    05-14-13 05:48 PM
    "

Call me crazy, but I think with just a few more words, they are saying that until the demand for the Z10 in general hits a really high point, they will not be putting much time, if any, toward developing an app compatible with it. Any other thoughts?
    They are arrogant.
    19GhostRider71 likes this.
    05-14-13 06:05 PM
    Im going to go with lazy.....

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    05-14-13 06:53 PM
    Maybe we have a little momentum now..

I too have received the "canned" response from Dave and so I sent another email and received a response....
    Natalie wrote:
    MAY 09, 2013 | 09:47AM PDT
    Hi,

Thank you so much for getting back in touch with us, and for sharing the additional information. Our team is definitely investigating all the numbers and cost of having the BB10 app available for our members.

We do want to be able to provide this demand for our members, however, it is not easy to say, at this time, if it is going to be possible. What we can tell you is that yes, we are definitely doing our best to have the program available on the BB10 platform, and our team is currently researching all avenues to try to make this happen.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
    Natalie
    -------------------------
    New to MyFitnessPal? You can quickly find answers to Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here.
    Using one of our mobile apps? Frequently Asked Questions -- and in some cases Tutorial Videos! -- are found on the "More" page of the apps.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on our customer service!
    Click here to leave us your feedback

PLEASE NOTE: Your feedback is of great value to us. However, if you require further technical support, please simply reply to the current email. We welcome your feedback responses at any time, but use of the feedback link to request additional tech support will delay the response from our support team.

I wrote:
    MAY 09, 2013 | 09:34PM PDT
    Hi Dave,

I understand that MyFitnessPal is not a candidate for an easy port from your Android app due to its complexity. This complexity is exactly why we as Blackberry users would like to see a Native Blackberry 10 MyFitnessPal, so that we can get the most out of it.

Just to show you a look at the interest you have in Blackberry 10 MyFitnessPal app I went to CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) and did a search of the forums for:
    MFP - page 1 showing 13 of 39 results - almost 20,000 interested people
    MyFitnessPal page 1 showing 79 of 172 results - over 60,000 interested people

So my question to you is: at what level of feedback, or how many requests will it take to move your development team to actually make this app available on Blackberry 10?

Best Regards,

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    meganVee and 19GhostRider71 like this.
    05-14-13 10:01 PM
    What email address are you using to contact MyFitnessPal? I only have the Android support email <androidfeedback@myfitnesspal.com>..

I have them and many others listed in my thread below. Post if you have a non-Android specific email address for them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    blackberryfeedback@myfitnesspal.com
    05-21-13 05:04 PM
    Just to let everyone know mfp currently will work with the new method of installing bar files. Check out the front blog page regarding that new method or head on over to http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=817781

MyFitnessPal app for Blackberry 10-img_00001028.png
    MyFitnessPal app for Blackberry 10-img_00001030.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:35 AM
    Thanks K_dam. Its now working perfectly for me

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:56 PM
88 1234