Hey does anyone know if myfitnesspal will come to BB10?

I've tried the Android version but it doesn't work.

I've tried contacting myfitnesspal but no joy!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 01:45 PM
    Hopefully they do, it was on prior BlackBerry OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:46 PM
    FatSecret calorie/exercise app is coming to BB10. Not the same, but pretty good.
    03-18-13 07:19 PM
    I reached out to them this weekend, this is what I was told;

"Thanks for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal for Android app is not a candidate for this easy porting process. The MyFitnessPal application will not be available at launch for the Blackberry 10 mobile operating system and we have no estimate for when a native application will be available."

Can only hope enough people are inquiring that demand seems enough to warrant them building a native app.

Posted via CB10
    fazzioo likes this.
    03-19-13 06:09 AM
    Ya I got the same response...hopefully there paying attention!!

Posted via CB10
    sthorntonca likes this.
    03-19-13 06:49 AM
    Sorry to did up somewhat of an old thread here, but I was also interested in this app for the Z10 and decided to contact MyFitnessPal to see what was happening and got the following response:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please accept our sincerest apologies our program is not currently available for the Blackberry 10. At this time, we can only say, we are researching the demand for the app. The BlackBerry platform is sadly not an easy host for the app. Creating an App, specifically designed for this platform, will require much time and cost. In order to justify this, we must make sure the demand is in proportion.

This is not to say that there is not a demand, nor that we would not love to have it available for our BB10 users immediately, but more to say, we must insure it will be beneficial for all of our members. Since we are a free program, we have to make sure our resources are allocated to where they will be most effective.

As of now, though there is not a specific app, the program should still be available on the BB10, by visiting our main page at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. We do hope you understand and are still able to enjoy the program. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals."

Call me crazy, but I think with just a few more words, they are saying that until the demand for the Z10 in general hits a really high point, they will not be putting much time, if any, toward developing an app compatible with it. Any other thoughts?
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-30-13 12:07 PM
    Sounds like it. They should stay up on the news and realize how many people are moving away from other devices and to the Z10.

Not sure they realize that all the BlackBerry users out there will have to upgrade at sometime.

Sadly I may have to move on and find another programs to replace them.

Might be time for me to email them again from another email...lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:12 PM
    i suggest everyone bombard them through twitter @myfitnesspal or their facebook acct.

i know i have. the more the better you guys.
    03-30-13 01:31 PM
    I have been using myfitnesspal via the z10 browser and while it kinda sucks it also drives home the point that many of these apps don't really need to be platform specific apps. Instead of investing so much time and money into an app for each platform, why not just make a decent web app that works on any mobile device? This is a clear case of a scenario where an app would really provide very little advantage, if any at all, over a mobile web app.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:55 PM
    i suggest everyone bombard them through twitter @myfitnesspal or their facebook acct.

i know i have. the more the better you guys.
    Target tweeted!
    03-30-13 05:04 PM
    looks like the LOSE IT! app sideloaded works..even the bar scan. YES! screw MFP.
    03-30-13 10:16 PM
    Just tweeted them.
    Will email tomorrow

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    03-31-13 12:34 AM
    looks like the LOSE IT! app sideloaded works..even the bar scan. YES! screw MFP.
    Never heard of it does it work good

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:40 AM
    yea, its pretty awesome. ive used it inthe past, but just got into the habit of MFP. just as good. syncs to the fitbit, withings and a few others, but not bodymedia fit. has a decent food database and also a bar scanner. the web gui is pretty slick too.

ive crashed the app when i hit the "motivate"/friends sections, but doesnt really bother me since i just need an on hand tracker.

heres the bar file if anyone wants it:
    Lose It! for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Health and Fitness Apps | Android APPS - Blackberry 10 Apps & Playbook Apps

and their website to join/login:
    Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It!
    Last edited by theclipart; 03-31-13 at 09:30 AM.
    03-31-13 07:53 AM
    All loaded up...works great so far. Might not need MFP anyway lol.

Thanks for the heads up on loseit!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:48 AM
    im LOVING this app. on it right now transferring my recent data. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

funny what happens when we're so dependent on a program, only to find one thats just as good, if not better! so excited!! and those icons. so cute!
    03-31-13 09:30 AM
    Thanks for this. I was looking for a replacement to MFP and now that this syncs with FitBit guess it's time to switch.

Posted via CB10
    theclipart likes this.
    03-31-13 11:49 AM
    Love it!!

Posted via CB10
    theclipart likes this.
    03-31-13 11:53 AM
    This is what I e-mailed to MFP.

Hi there!

Incase you have not realized many of your users are avid BlackBerry owners. Many of us have come from OS7 which did have a My Fitness Pal app and are now on OS10 which you have not provided an app for.

You also do not have a mobile site as an alternative for the lack of no BlackBerry 10 app.

Your Android port is not working on BlackBerry 10 so do not attempt to smooth things over by suggesting that as a cheap alternative. It does not work.

So, to sum things up.
    1) You do not have a BlackBerry 10 App
    2) You do not have a mobile site
    3) The Android port does NOT work

Essentially you are leaving us BlackBerry 10 users out in the cold and for what exactly?

Get it together and create an app for BlackBerry 10.

Thanks!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-07-13 08:15 PM
    I received a response. I will post it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    04-07-13 11:27 PM
    Hopefully it's not the same canned response about how difficult it is to code for BB10
    04-08-13 06:09 AM
    They replied to me on the 21st of March:

Hi,

Thank you for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal app is not a candidate for this easy porting process. Therefore, the MyFitnessPal application, unfortunately will not be available for use with the Blackberry 10.

However, our program is always available via our website at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. Just sign into the members log in area with the same username and password you currently use. Regardless of the device or how you access our program, if the program is available via app, tablet or website, then you should be able to access your account in all places with the same username and password.

Sorry we could not be of more help at this time. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Dave
    Myfitnesspal Staff
    04-08-13 07:23 AM
    I got the exact same response

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:28 AM
    What email address are you using to contact MyFitnessPal? I only have the Android support email <[email protected]>..

I have them and many others listed in my thread below. Post if you have a non-Android specific email address for them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    04-08-13 07:38 AM
    What email address are you using to contact MyFitnessPal? I only have the Android support email <[email protected]>..

I have them and many others listed in my thread below. Post if you have a non-Android specific email address for them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/

I used the Contact Us form at the bottom of the MFP webpage! They were actually pretty quick with their ridiculous response!
    04-08-13 12:18 PM
88 123 ...