myExplorer

Advanced file manager allowing direct access to network shared folders and files on your computer (running Windows, MacOS X or Linux) or NAS server/storage-enabled router.

myExplorer on BlackBerry World

Price: 2.99 USD

Major features:
    1. Wi-Fi file transfer. You can open, copy or move files between the phone and a PC (Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X or Linux). There is no need to install any software on the computer - myExplorer uses the standard SMB (CIFS) protocol to access the network shares.
    2. Password-protected folder for private information.
    3. Open, view and extract files from Zip, Rar, 7z, Tar, Gz and Bz2 archives. Password-protected archives are supported.

Any opinions, suggestions for improvements and questions are more than welcome.

myExplorer for BB10 (Wi-Fi file transfer)-img_00000008.jpgmyExplorer for BB10 (Wi-Fi file transfer)-img_00000009.jpgmyExplorer for BB10 (Wi-Fi file transfer)-img_00000016.jpg
    sedat likes this.
    03-26-13 04:00 AM
    Finnaly!! Great!!!

Now I can throw es file Explorer away

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:50 AM
    Just bought it. Works great !!! Thanks
    03-26-13 12:18 PM
    Finally an app that doesn't require a server on the PC!!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:51 PM
    All this can be already done wirelessly thru BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 and GodGibson like this.
    03-26-13 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry Link is not the same. There are few substantial differences:

1. With Link even with WiFi connection, you are still using the old "Sync" model - you have to transfer all the files you want on your phone beforehand. Once you are not in front of the PC, you can't change you mind and add something. With myExplorer all your shared files on your computer(s) are in your disposal at any time from your phone without the need to sit in front of the computer and transfer the files from there. After all, smartphones are all about the freedom. myExplorer gives you the freedom to access your files when you are not sitting in front of your computer.

2. myExplorer can also "see" the files on NAS servers, flash sticks that are pugged into storage-enabled WiFi routers, etc. Imagine that you have to transfer a few pictures and videos to/from a USB drive. Just plug the USB drive to the router and then use myExplorer to copy the files in either direction.

3. myExplorer does not force you to copy the files permanently on your phone. You can use them directly from the network shared folder. Only for the bigger files there will be some delay but for pictures and documents, you will (almost) instantly see them when you tap them on your phone.

4. You have to install Link on the computer. While on PC and Mac this is possible (though not always convenient), on Linux it's not an option. Also, in many situations you are simply not allowed to install any software on the computer. On the other hand, you can even use administrative shares (C$, D$, etc.) as long as you know the admin password of the computer.

5. MyExplorer allows some "cool" scenarios like accessing one BlackBerry Z10 from another or accessing a PlayBook from Z10 as long as they are in the same Wi-Fi network.

I'm not saying that Link isn't a great software - it is but it's not equivalent to myExplorer - they are different tools with mostly different purposes.
    CeeXTwo and aminrajabi like this.
    03-26-13 11:34 PM
    Great app, I think it is time to retire Ghost Commander.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:15 PM
    New release 1.1 is in BlackBerry World now. Changelog:

1. Fixed a connectivity problem that can prevent connecting to some servers (Windows 7 and Windows 8) when only the IP address is entered and the TCP port 445 is blocked, so only the NetBIOS connection on port 139 is working.

2. Fixed the freeze/crash when copying large files (or multiple files) from some Linux and NAS servers under certain circumstances.

3. A few other small improvements and fixes

Coming soon: In myExplorer 1.5 there will be a fast built-in text viewer, which will allow quick and convenient reading of long plain text files with readable fixed font with ability to change font size, colors, encoding, word wrapping, etc.
    04-13-13 06:00 AM
    I've updated and it works fine

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:25 PM
    Can I stream movies to the native BlackBerry App without downloading the movie?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:23 AM
    Not in the current version. In myExplorer 1.1 the movie will be downloaded to the phone memory and then it will be played. However, this feature will be added in 2.0, which is planned for release at the end of May.
    04-16-13 10:52 AM
    Could you also integrate gdrive and box
    so I can uninstall play cloud crap

Just kidding

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:18 AM
    Can you also connect to your nas remotely over 3g/4g? And is it possible to to specify a dedicated connection port?
    06-27-14 03:54 AM
    I'd like to be able to connect to my shares while not on my wi-fi. As in while on 4G. Can you implement this, or is it already?
    07-01-14 09:53 AM
    I'd like to be able to connect to my shares while not on my wi-fi. As in while on 4G. Can you implement this, or is it already?
    It is already. I purchased the app and I can confirm it works over 3/4G. I can now access my nas remotely when I am on the road. It works really fantastic (native app)! I use dyndns as I have a dynamic IP and you can even define a specific connection port (some ports are blocked by my ISP). Superb app!
    If they can just add a share button for files it would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:14 AM
    It is already. I purchased the app and I can confirm it works over 3/4G. I can now access my nas remotely when I am on the road. It works really fantastic (native app)! I use dyndns as I have a dynamic IP and you can even define a specific connection port (some ports are blocked by my ISP). Superb app!
    If they can just add a share button for files it would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    How were you able to add your dyndns to the app? The computer ip address field only accepts numeric characters. Unless I'm missing something...
    07-03-14 09:44 AM
    How were you able to add your dyndns to the app? The computer ip address field only accepts numeric characters. Unless I'm missing something...
    You need to fill it in in the "Computer DNS name" and not in "Computer IP address " ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 05:00 PM
    Great app. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:37 PM
    You need to fill it in in the "Computer DNS name" and not in "Computer IP address " ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I still can't get this. Do you input your WAN IP in the Computer IP Address field? Also, do you specify a port?
    Better yet, can you give me an idea of your settings? Without giving away any personal info? I'd appreciate it #struggling

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:21 PM
    I still can't get this. Do you input your WAN IP in the Computer IP Address field? Also, do you specify a port?
    Better yet, can you give me an idea of your settings? Without giving away any personal info? I'd appreciate it #struggling

Posted via CB10
    Well I putt the dyndns name under the Computer DNS name field. I also use a specific port number as my isp is blocking 445.
    myExplorer for BB10 (Wi-Fi file transfer)-picsart_1405008185603.jpg
    07-10-14 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD