Hello,

MyAccountant is a personal finance tracker for BlackBerry� 10.
    A handy, simple and quick way to track your cash flow.

Feature list
    • Multiple accounts can be created as many as needed.
    • Native experience specifically designed for BlackBerry� 10.
    • Password protection.
    • Sub Categories support.
    • All ISO 4217 currencies are supported.
    • One tap transaction's adding for expenses or income.
    • Fully-customizable Database: add, delete, rename income/expense categories, account, payment methods, payees, information.
    • Transactions History filtering by category.
    • Transactions History grouping.
    • Transactions History data sorting methods :
    Amount spend / received.
    Category.
    Date.
    Description.
    Payment Method.
    Account.
    Payee.
    Ascending/Descending order.
    • Balance checking.
    • Active Frame support : balance checking when the app is on thumbnail.
    • Budget support, add/edit budgets (daily,weekly,monthly,yearly,custom dates) , select the attributes to track :
    Accounts.
    Categories.
    Payment methods.
    Payees.
    • Summary reports.
    View categories and sub categories summary reprots.
    View analytics for a set categories and sub categories summary records.
    Total grouped summaries per Day / Month / Year / Payee
    • Account dashboards.
    View total expenses and income.
    View money transfer records.
    View money deposit records.
    View analytic records per account.
    View summary records per account.
    • Payees support : add,edit,delete payees.
    • Payment methods support : add,edit,delete payment methods.
    • Database back up to device memory and SD card.
    • Local auto database backup.
    • Export reports and transactions history in CSV (for Microsoft Excel or Google Doc) or HTML (for web browser) format.
    • Different kinds of payment methods ( cash, credit card etc. ), fully customizable also : add & edit payment methods .
    • Recurring Events ( ex. Recurring Bills ).
    • Recurring Events history log data.
    • Charts and diagrams assisted by Google Charts , Bars, Pies and 2d Line Charts (internet connection needed).
    • Purging utility for mass deleting transactions.
    • Handy search utility.
    • Backup utility, three different places available : device / sd card ( if mounted ), Dropbox (a working account is needed ).
    • Restore utility ( restore database to a previously saved state ).
    • 200 two hundred beautiful category icons.
    • Tip calculator.
    • Currency rates conversion tool.

Screenshots

MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001490.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001491.jpg
    MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001492.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001493.jpg
    MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001494.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001495.jpg
    MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001499.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001500.jpg
    MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001501.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001502.jpg
    MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001507.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001503.jpg

*** Important Notice ***
    MyAccountant has a minimum requirement of BlackBerry OS 10.1 , to check the OS version of your device go to Settings - About - Software Release.

BlackBerry World Link
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/136348

Price
    approx. $1.99 for a “limited time only”.

In case you have already downloaded the app please share your thoughts on it to make it better !
    Last edited by nickger; 08-23-13 at 04:48 AM.
    sergey_IL, Elite1, tryfe and 3 others like this.
    08-23-13 02:37 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Congrats on releasing this app, it looks great.

Please edit your post above to include:
    1. BB World link
    2. Very clear price

I'm moving this for you into the BB10 App Announcements sub-forum.
    Here's the BB World link for you:
    BlackBerry World - MyAccountant
    nickger likes this.
    08-23-13 03:18 AM
    Nice!
    Has the BFB designation already too.

MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00000752.png

This is how you CB10, son!
    nickger likes this.
    08-23-13 03:22 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for noticing the link and the price tag is missing and also for moving this thread to BB10 App Announcements sub-forum.

I have just edited the original post, the link and the price tag is now shown at the bottom.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-23-13 03:53 AM
    Featured yesterday in front page article on best Back-to-School apps:

The best back to school apps for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    nickger likes this.
    08-24-13 07:50 AM
    Thanks for sharing this elite1 !

We are trying hard for pushing one major update this week, it's something really nice which many users asked for it.
    08-24-13 08:22 AM
    The best financial tracker.

If there's a feature you want, send an email to the developers, give them a week or two and you'll notice there's an update on BlackBerry world. Trust me, I already requested features twice.

Keep moving!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:58 PM
    Nice looking app and very handy.
    08-24-13 02:09 PM
    I ll buy it solely for the gorgeous icon!

Is there a feature to automatically add monthly specified percentage of interest to a fixed deposit in an account?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:44 AM
    Hello antiextra,

Thank you for your question, MyAccountant supports recurring expenses plus deposits. This means that in order to have your monthly interest added automatically in the database, you would just have to create a recurring deposit and set it to a month cycle. I hope this can answer your question.
    antiextra likes this.
    08-26-13 02:33 PM
    Really want to see forecasting. Other than that I'm liking it more than the my money app I purchased because of the ability to add recurring bills and deposits.

Forecasting was a huge reason why I paid $29.99 for Ascendo Money aside from the ability to have a desktop version that would sync. I can live without the desktop feature but forecasting is a major part of a money management app in my opinion.

I'm currently testing out both and would love to finally have just one app with most of the features that Ascendo Money offered.

Sorry to keep mentioning them but it "was" the best. Unfortunately for users, they aren't planning on doing anything BB10 related. Good for you though! If in time you can make it as good or better, I will actually pay for the added features!!!

Keep up the good work!

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    08-26-13 03:20 PM
    Hello antiextra,

Thank you for your question, MyAccountant supports recurring expenses plus deposits. This means that in order to have your monthly interest added automatically in the database, you would just have to create a recurring deposit and set it to a month cycle. I hope this can answer your question.
    Awesome!

Btw, how does the auto-backup to Dropbox works? Do I have to keep it running in Active Frame at all time for that to work?

Also one small thing will/is there any settings in the app to change the theme from blue/beige to darker blue/anything but beige colors highlight?

Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by antiextra; 08-26-13 at 07:18 PM.
    08-26-13 07:04 PM
    Hello tjseaman,

Thank you for your using MyAccountant and the extensive feedback.

Straight to the point.. the ability to have forecasts is also for us really important in order our app to have a complete set of a basic budgeting functionality.
    Before two months approx. , we released a first version of the Budget module integrating an initial set of features such as some selection tools for various properties and the rest of the necessary information values. Our plan is to enhance the current budgeting functionality with a new set of features and visual elements in order to have a handy and really useful way to manage your money. Recurring Bills is one part of the information that will be added to the calculation of the budgeting module and the other part is a new property that will be added on each transaction and that is the reconciled / cleared property . These two parts along with a modified UI will offer a new set of tools for previewing projected and forecasting values for your budgets.

This week we are pushing a new major update with a new handy way to add fast every day transactions . The next major update will focus on the Budget module and all the functionality mentioned above. We expect it to be available approx. in September .
    tjseaman likes this.
    08-27-13 04:31 AM
    Hello antiextra,

Btw, how does the auto-backup to Dropbox works? Do I have to keep it running in Active Frame at all time for that to work?
    The auto-backup works like this. There is a requirement for the backup process to Dropbox to work and that is the Dropbox application. So just make sure you already installed the application named "Connect to Dropbox". Once you are sure that the Dropbox application is installed, open MyAccountant and just enable the toggle button from the Backup on Dropbox from the Maintenance - Backup page. If the Schedule a Backup on Exist button is enabled ( from the same page) then when the application exits a backup copy is created in your Dropbox directory path /Dropbox/myaccountant . From the backup page you can also create manual backups by taping the Backup button.

Also one small thing will/is there any settings in the app to change the theme from blue/beige to darker blue/anything but beige colors highlight?
    Yes we also want to offer a style - theme customization set of tools , though currently we are not able to have a proper way of implementing this functionality. And the reason is that it is not possible at the moment to set a custom created theme when the application starts. Though we are almost sure, the BlackBerry team will soon give it to us and once this happens, a fully set of theme / style customizations will be integrated into MyAccountant.
    antiextra likes this.
    08-27-13 04:48 AM
    Cool, thanks again for the info.

Just bought it, first impression - no.1 thing you really need to fix is to replace or improve all your icons, they are all not properly anti-aliased transparent with really unsightly jagged edges (use png24 instead of 8-bit png/gif?).

Maybe at least minimum the UI icons are fix, the categories users can replace with their own smooth PNG24.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by antiextra; 08-27-13 at 06:47 AM.
    08-27-13 05:30 AM
    Hello antiextra,

Thank you for purchasing MyAccountant.

Just bought it, first impression - no.1 thing you really need to fix is to replace or improve all your icons, they are all not properly anti-aliased transparent with really unsightly jagged edges (use png24 instead of 8-bit png/gif?).
    Thank you for noticing that, we will add some an extra set of icons on a following release. The *.png24 format if possible will be our choice and we are also trying to assemble some icons missing from the app so in case you need any specific one please let us know, in order to append it on the list.

Maybe at least minimum the UI icons are fix, the categories users can replace with their own smooth PNG24.
    You can at any time set your custom icon to a category . To add a custom icon please follow the next steps :
    - open MyAccountant,
    - open the menu from the bottom right and select the Add Category action.
    - on the Add Category sheet tap on the button Edit next to the icon preview to open the Select Icon dialog,
    - on the Select Icon dialog tap on the button Custom Icon on the bottom ,
    - Select the icon from the File picker dialog
    08-27-13 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

other than the png24 replacement, the share icon looks rather different than the rest and does look a bit amateurish

There are actually quite a lot of free or affordable flat icons sets out there that looks really clean and modern (eg. Iconfinder)

Sorry for being so particular over such small details!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:50 AM
    Thanks for responding and look forward to the updates.

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    08-27-13 07:01 PM
    other than the png24 replacement, the share icon looks rather different than the rest and does look a bit amateurish

There are actually quite a lot of free or affordable flat icons sets out there that looks really clean and modern (eg. Iconfinder)

Sorry for being so particular over such small details!

Posted via CB10
    There is no need of asking sorry for this, as getting your feedback is the reason we created this thread for. So thank you for your details, this is exactly what we are needing to improve MyAccountant .

About the share icon you have absolutely right , it does look ugly.. we just replaced it with another one and it will be available on this week's update..
    08-28-13 12:59 AM
    Hello all,

Just wanted to inform you that a new major version 1.8.0 is available. The new version contains many new features with the most significant of them to be the new Fast Transactions module. Fast transactions accelerate the input of regular expenses into the app and removes all the pain of repeating the same actions again and again especially for the minor daily expenses.

How it works.
    Just go to your history log select the expense or the deposit desired and set it as a fast transaction. Give it a name and it's done.
    To access the fast transactions page either open the global menu and select the Fast Trans. option or if you own a Q10 / Q5 device just press the 'f' key ( also for keyboard devices : navigating through the fast transactions list can be done by pressing the keys 'n' for the next item and 'p' for the previous item ).

Some screenshots of the new features follow :

MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001529.jpg MyAccountant Expense Tracking Application for BlackBerry 10-img_00001530.jpg

Is it fast enough ? Does it get any faster than this ? Please share your thoughts on it.
    Last edited by nickger; 09-03-13 at 03:08 AM.
    09-03-13 01:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Checking it out now.

Edit. Got It!
    09-12-13 10:11 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Checking it out now.

Edit. Got It!
    Hello Blacklatino and thank you for the welcome.

Also thank you for downloading and using MyAccountant, I hope you like it .
    09-12-13 02:14 PM
    Hello all.

Just wanted to inform you that a new version v.1.9.1 is available to BlackBerry World.

The new version includes many new features and bug fixes. The most important features are the reconcile functionality and the BlackBerry Hub integration.

New Features

- Reminders, now you have the option to set a reminder to each type of activity ( expenses, payments, deposits, transfers ). The reminder functionality is integrated into the BlackBerry Calendar , so you have access to Calendar notifications, recurrences etc..
    - Added clearing and reconciling functionality. Each type of activity has a new property named cleared. This means that it is now possible to set future expenses, payments, deposits and transfers. When a future activity is being created it's stored as uncleared, namely it is not being counted on the balance calculation. When the activity's date passes the app notifies you and it can be set as cleared and or reconciled in order to be included on the balance calculation. - Notifications, the app checks for uncleared activities and informs you about this by posting a notification on the BlackBerry Hub. When the notification is being opened on the BlackBerry Hub you have the option to automatically open MyAccountant's Reconcile management page.
    - Add new Accounts, payees and payment methods on the fly, for example it is now not necessary to access the Payees page when adding a new transaction as you can add it directly from the Add Transaction dialog.
    09-13-13 12:12 PM
    @nickger i wanted to know if there is support (planned or on the way) to import csv from other sources. i know you have an export but what if i already have listings elsewhere that can export to csv? can/will i be able to import?
    09-17-13 04:12 PM
    @nickger i wanted to know if there is support (planned or on the way) to import csv from other sources. i know you have an export but what if i already have listings elsewhere that can export to csv? can/will i be able to import?
    Thank you for your questions.

Yes MyAccountant will support importing data from external source files. These files will either be *.csv files or Quicken Interchange Format *.qif files.

Implementing the functionality for the *.qif files is straight forward for us and this is what we are going to implement first.

Now in the *.csv file case, its quite tricky because there is no standardization metadata and this could lead to possible problems on the import process. What we thought it could be implemented for the import process, is an iteration process where in each iteration a "prototype" type of listings would be checked. Maybe you could just send me a small sample *csv file with your listings.
    A few other users have the same need and they have already contacted to our support team.
    I am guessing there are even more users having some data on *.csv files and would like to import them on MyAccountant, so please share your thoughts on it.
    09-18-13 12:54 AM
137 123 ...