Curious on how to find out if an app is an Android port on Blackberry world
    Pretty simple. Does it have the BB10 GUI menu system and elements? Yes or No.

You can also check that it has the Built for Blackberry logo. I won't download apps that don't have that logo.
    12-10-13 11:36 AM
    Great app, very useful, but it has ads, and I got to pay? And its an android port?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-10-13 11:45 AM
    Great app, very useful, but it has ads, and I got to pay? And its an android port?

it has no ads
    12-10-13 11:46 AM
    I got crash reports starting from OS version 10.2 .. I found this topic is related BlackBerry Android Runtime available for download in BlackBerry World | CrackBerry.com

I thinks the conclusion that i should make it native, rename it, make it free for a period, enhance the UI and post it on this forum (better than many other advertising ways ) .. thanks for the help!
    +1 should be easy to port to native, and I'll buy it.

12-10-13 11:48 AM
    please, find one free sub-function of the app .. it is called SlideMeter at:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=EG&lang=en

it should be available during the next few hours
    12-10-13 11:48 AM
    it has no ads
    Shows ads in the screen shots.
    12-10-13 11:52 AM
    Shows ads in the screen shots.
    the screenshot from a free version on android (i develop it also on my dev alpha c device) ... sorry for this mistake .. i'll change this screenshot
    12-10-13 11:56 AM
    the screenshot from a free version on android (i develop it also on my dev alpha c device) ... sorry for this mistake .. i'll change this screenshot
    If you want to market an app, you need to take the time to make valid screenshots for the appropriate OS. Copying screenshots from another OS is unacceptable and could turn users away. Android users accept ads, Blackberry users not so much IMHO.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-10-13 11:58 AM
    I feel the same way. My app (StockDaddy Turbo) is BFB certified and has some of the features which is certainly not available on the other "Stocks" app, yet it consistently ranks in the bottom of the list of all apps under "Stocks & Investments" category and there are hundreds of apps in that category and most of them are not cool (check for yourself).
    Does that mean my app gets lower downloads than other hundreds of apps which are Android Ports or no functionality apps?
    I contacted BB World Marketing about indexing for BFB certified apps and have yet to receive a response.
    I really like to develop for BB10 but see no motivation as # of BB10's around the globe are not great.
    URL to my app is:
    StockDaddy Turbo/
    Last edited by jain21; 12-10-13 at 12:13 PM. Reason: URL link
    12-10-13 12:12 PM
    To me if you're a developer, you can't just submit an app and expect it to sell, u gotta push ur product..simple as that.

R Field likes this.
    12-10-13 12:16 PM
    Rename it, lose the "i"

Call it something that rolls off the tongue like "measure-me" or something

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-10-13 12:19 PM
    Maybe you can put a demo for free and lock some features and see the reviews and see how many people like it and if they like it then they can buy the full featured one. Just suggesting.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:29 PM
    I feel the same way. My app (StockDaddy Turbo) is BFB certified and has some of the features which is certainly not available on the other "Stocks" app, yet it consistently ranks in the bottom of the list of all apps under "Stocks & Investments" category and there are hundreds of apps in that category and most of them are not cool (check for yourself).
    Does that mean my app gets lower downloads than other hundreds of apps which are Android Ports or no functionality apps?
    I contacted BB World Marketing about indexing for BFB certified apps and have yet to receive a response.
    I really like to develop for BB10 but see no motivation as # of BB10's around the globe are not great.
    URL to my app is:
    StockDaddy Turbo/
    It's certainly not at the bottom. There is a lot of stock apps available. It hasn't even been out long. I don't know crap about developing apps, but I think if someone already has a stock app, their not going to be looking for another.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:30 PM
    Where are you located? I see lower indexing in Canada.
    The whole point for developing this app was to provide users with an alternative to other Stocks app with some unique features.
    My issue with indexing is that the new users don't see my app, so, I dont get a fair chance to atleast show what my app does. Ofcourse it is at users discretion to buy it or not, but what I want is to atleast tell them, "hey check out StockDaddy Turbo with X features" and on the worst part, BFB certification doesnt even help.
    12-10-13 01:03 PM
    Not sure I saw a post talking about the beta for this app...throwing out the beta version to get user input is a fantastic way of building hype and getting awareness out

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:23 PM
    Why iMeasureDist isn't selling? By screens I can see that:
    • It is android app
    • has ads - it's payable AND ads? no go
    • graphics are very simple, not even complete
    • iMeasureDist - that i is annoying, makes it sound like an iOS app ripoff

Unfortunately you need to learn that how app looks is more important than what it does. I have an app called "Giant clock", and it's getting 30+ downloads/day (but it's free, and NATIVE), and it is just a clock.

Once functionality is working 100% you're only 1/2 done! Get design done right
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-10-13 01:41 PM
    How long has the app been in Google Play? Was it 11/14/2013, or was that just the last update? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.imeasuredist The app ratings there are good, with 1,000-5,000 downloads, but given the huge Android user base, and the fact that it's free, that's still not a lot. Furthermore, the paid Android version of the app at the Opera Mobile Store, apparently uploaded the same day, also has zero downloads.

Note that you also have ads in the Opera store screenshots. People who are paying for an app absolutely don't want to see those.

Anyway, I have the sense that the problem is nothing specific to BB World if the app isn't selling at Opera either. I assume some people buy apps at Opera or the store wouldn't exist. I don't know why you didn't list the paid version on Google Play.

Making the app native can only help, but my sense is that it's a low-demand app anyway, so you shouldn't expect a rush of sales right away. The trial version idea is the best way to get some downloads and, hopefully, some good reviews. I'll disagree with those who suggested you change the name. Since you have the same app on other platforms, you might want to promote it on web sites that builders use, and it'll be good to just have the one name and say, "Available for Android and BlackBerry 10 devices."
    Bla1ze likes this.
    12-10-13 01:48 PM
    I dont buy or use anything trying to be Apple. IE "I" name of app.

Posted via CB10
    That was my first thought. Why call a Blackberry app "i" something. (or an Android port app).

Posted via CB10
    That was the first thing I noticed along with the review that mentioned that it would not work on his Q10. I could definitely use the app on a regular basis. Not concerned about the price tag as I am for updates to apps to fix issues "after" I purchase them. @OP, I'll check back to see how thing are going.
    12-10-13 02:31 PM
    I'm not quite sure how you can have zero sales. I too have a niche app, which is only available in the US and is only useful to recovering alcoholics. I don't advertise it in any way shape or form, and I sell about 5 per month! Now I know that's not much, BUT I don't do it for the money. It's about carrying the message.
    Why only available on the US? Us Canadians drink too (and our beer has a higher percentage of alcohol)

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and jh07 like this.
    12-10-13 02:39 PM
    Where are you located? I see lower indexing in Canada.
    The whole point for developing this app was to provide users with an alternative to other Stocks app with some unique features.
    My issue with indexing is that the new users don't see my app, so, I dont get a fair chance to atleast show what my app does. Ofcourse it is at users discretion to buy it or not, but what I want is to atleast tell them, "hey check out StockDaddy Turbo with X features" and on the worst part, BFB certification doesnt even help.
    United States

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:51 PM
    As ubizmo pointed out, this doesn't seem to be a 'Nobody is downloading my app from BlackBerry World' problem, this appears to be a 'Nobody is downloading my app at all' problem. It's a very niche app, to say the least.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-10-13 02:55 PM
    does BBRY still have that $10,000 guarantee thing still going on?
    12-10-13 03:26 PM
    Measuring the height of my pyramid? What is this? 4000BC in downtown Luxor.
    12-10-13 03:29 PM
    I am facing the same problem. My app is free app still I have not seen any downloads yet. May be I should be a little more patient.
    Drop the price some more
    12-10-13 05:38 PM
    I personally would not pay for this app for 2 simple reasons:
    - advertisement in screen shots
    - android application
    12-10-13 06:09 PM
141 12345 ...