I don't use non-native apps. Native apps work better and they have a consistent UI to the rest of the device.
    Ben1232 and unbreakablej like this.
    12-10-13 09:21 AM
    I don't know how it is not working on Q10 and had been approved by the AppWorld team ( I told it has been tested on the latest os 10.2)?!!!
    Did you test the app on a Q10 or any other BB10 device yourself? Approval doesn't mean they tested every function and device, that is the developers responsibility.
    12-10-13 09:24 AM
    I believe Gadget Box includes a similar feature. Not something I need to use but I can see how some people might find it useful. Not sure what to say about marketing. It can be tough.
    This right here. And Blackberry World either discounted or gave Gadget Box away not too long ago which is how I got it. Given that the internal memory comes at a premium, I wouldn't download two apps that do the same thing onto my device.
    12-10-13 09:35 AM
    I recommend making an app for a different mobile platform if making money on your product was a concern for you. The BB10 userbase is very small and the problem is compounded by nonsensically poor management in Blackberry World. One developer contributes 33% of the apps. As it is, BB10 app development is more geared toward enthusiast than commercial developers.

Try iOS or Android for a large audience or try Windows Phone if you want to avoid competition.
    That won't help unless the app sells ads or very unique. There are only so many apps that are of any use. Most are apps that "appify" a companies website.

400,000 apps in the App Store have never been downloaded says report

Would you be surprised to hear that more than 60% of the apps in the App Store have never been downloaded, even once? That's the conclusion of analytical firm Adeven. The latter even counted the number of flashlight apps and found that Apple iPhone users in need of a quick light have 1,899 choices. Christian Henschel, Adeven CEO, said that there are only a "couple of thousand apps" that get downloaded in number from Apple's on-line applications store.
    700K of the 1.2M apps available for iPhone, Android, and Windows are zombies | VentureBeat | Mobile | by John Koetsier

Mobile testing service StarDust released a new study today that compares total apps, publishers, rate of new apps being added, monetization details, and more about the three main global app stores: iOS, Windows Phone, and Google Play.
    scrapmetal58 and QtHelex like this.
    12-10-13 09:46 AM
    Since this appears to be a measurement tool, It would be helpful to post the accuracy and expected resolution of such a tool. Also, is there a way to calibrate the device or is it dependent on the smartphone sensors alone?

For me, this tool would only be useful if someone could confirm its accuracy. Typically this is done using independent third-party calibration labs.
    12-10-13 09:50 AM
    is there any efficient marketing plan? e.g. is there mobile ad network where i can target blackberry users only .. any one tried something like this and received a jump in app sales?
    Try contacting editors/reviewers of various BlackBerry forums. That helps to get the word out.
    12-10-13 09:57 AM
    Make it native.
    Nobody wants to buy an android port.
    Really ? have you even looked at the APP world ? If not for Android Ports there would be little to go on.
    12-10-13 09:57 AM
    Im glad you noticed that. Sadly here on CB ( some ) peeps are just as bad as the peeps they say they don't want to be knock the very OS that they use.
    12-10-13 10:03 AM
    Me parece interesante, pero necesito las instrucciones en espa�ol

Saludos
    12-10-13 10:04 AM
    yes, i agree. i think android ports should be FREE.
    12-10-13 10:21 AM
    I'm not quite sure how you can have zero sales. I too have a niche app, which is only available in the US and is only useful to recovering alcoholics. I don't advertise it in any way shape or form, and I sell about 5 per month! Now I know that's not much, BUT I don't do it for the money. It's about carrying the message.
    maddie1128 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-10-13 10:23 AM
    I just downloaded to my Z10, 10.2.0.429. Your app crashes after the tutorial. I thought it might be a useful tool for my job as a Facilities person, but apparently not!
    12-10-13 10:35 AM
    I am facing the same problem. My app is free app still I have not seen any downloads yet. May be I should be a little more patient.
    What's the name and link to your app? You can't get downloads if people don't know what your app is... :s

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:40 AM
    2 things I noticed:

1. it being an android port .. I am sure the code could be converted and made native then you will be on a winner - this will also make the app run better and improve the overall user experience

2. Some of the screenshots contain ads. now, it I pay for an app, I DO NOT want to see ads, its like a slap in the face for your customers. Remove the ads and may improve things.
    R Field, ESCON and QtHelex like this.
    12-10-13 10:50 AM
    Looks like the common suggestions are:
    . Improve the user interface. I say make it native and that will solve more than just the UI problem.
    . Make your app free and advertise it on Crackberry. This is the best way to get feedback and reviews. Once your apps has good review, consistent UI, and is stable on different devices (or just one device of your choice on first release), you can start charging.
    . Remove the "i" from the app name. I know it looks cool to have an i nowadays but in BlackBerry world it may not help as far as marketing your app.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:51 AM
    Lots of good ideas here. Lose the ads, rewrite as native Blackberry, name it BB-Something, offer a trial period. You could do just as you have here and tell Crackbery all about it. I was just about to buy it, but seeing what other CBers say about it I'll wait till the other things are addressed.
    12-10-13 10:57 AM
    Here's some issues.
    1. Not many BB users compared to Android and iOS
    2. BBWorld is a mess. There's so much junk in it it's pathetic (IMO). It makes it hard to find good apps.
    3. Your app isn't useful for most people. I wouldn't download it if it were free. That's not to say it's a bad app; I simply don't need it. Some people will find it useful, but the amount of people that would find it useful isn't that much. So you have to consider you only interest a few people in a group that isn't THAT big (compared to iOS/Android users).
    4. Your app apparently is an Android port that doesn't work all that well from what other people are saying (reports of crashes). Also like someone said, your UI works, but doesn't look all that professional. That's going to turn some people off from buying it.
    5. Your app costs money. Many people are used to free apps. You can find may great free apps on iOS/Android.

Each of these problems is going to cut down on your potential customers. And the fact that you have ALL of these problems... I wouldn't count on making much money on your app.
    12-10-13 11:01 AM
    is there any efficient marketing plan? e.g. is there mobile ad network where i can target blackberry users only .. any one tried something like this and received a jump in app sales?
    Yes, you can make a channel on Blackberry channels to go into greater detail about your app and answer questions to potential customers about how it works etc.. offer special discount codes if they visit your channel etc..
    12-10-13 11:10 AM
    Really ? have you even looked at the APP world ? If not for Android Ports there would be little to go on.
    I am happily using my BB10 phone for everything I need and not a single Android port. So more FUD.
    QtHelex likes this.
    12-10-13 11:17 AM
    Yes, you can make a channel on Blackberry channels to go into greater detail about your app and answer questions to potential customers about how it works etc.. offer special discount codes if they visit your channel etc..
    can you give me a link ..it is my first time to hear about "blackberry channel"
    12-10-13 11:18 AM
    If you have updated BBM you have channels as it's part of that, go on there and create a channel.
    12-10-13 11:19 AM
    Gadget box does this for me, and i'm guessing a lot of users

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803
    12-10-13 11:22 AM
    I just downloaded to my Z10, 10.2.0.429. Your app crashes after the tutorial. I thought it might be a useful tool for my job as a Facilities person, but apparently not!
    please could you read this BlackBerry Android Runtime available for download in BlackBerry World | CrackBerry.com
    12-10-13 11:31 AM
    Curious on how to find out if an app is an Android port on Blackberry world
    12-10-13 11:34 AM
    I got crash reports starting from OS version 10.2 .. I found this topic is related BlackBerry Android Runtime available for download in BlackBerry World | CrackBerry.com

I thinks the conclusion that i should make it native, rename it, make it free for a period, enhance the UI and post it on this forum (better than many other advertising ways ) .. thanks for the help!
    12-10-13 11:35 AM
141 1234 ...