I have spent a few emails back and forth with the developer of this app but he has come to the conclusion he will need to make some fixes. He seemed to want to help but was unable to do it with his development device. He can add his own conclusions but for the moment this app will not work on a BB10.
    12-16-13 08:24 AM
    I have just uploaded a free version "What time is it". I am now seeing good number of downloads.
    I've done those kind of stuff also in the past. But in the meantime I learned how to combine both to a single app using the "freemium" app model.
    Release a single free app with the range of functions of your current demo and allow to upgrade within the app to your paid app.

The big benefit for you: Your app has way higher download numbers and a better change to be visible at the store. You don't have anymore a free app with some good reviews and a paid with none, you have both in once. The user is at the other way able to test your app without risk and in case he think it is worth the 99 cent he gets the full featured version without the need to go to the store, download the paid, have to find the old app, delete it manually and as a remuneration for paying for the full version the user will lose this way all his settings of the demo version or even already stored, recorded data or savegames.

For a clock maybe not a big problem to have a free and a paid version at the store. But as soon as you're developing a bigger project my advice is in the meantime always to combine both into a single application.
    kbz1960 and anand_ma like this.
    12-16-13 01:35 PM
    Made all the recommendations i received at this post (built a native app instead of ported one, changed the name to MeasureMe, implemented a new UI, the app should be running on all BB10 smartphones, added BBM and new idea of Postcards to share the measurements..and some other new features) and WAITING
    --------
    If you want to check the new app: MeasureMe - BlackBerry World

to read the documentation/help: http://systemsengcenter.com/measureme-app.html

I've also created BBM channel for the app to share postcards... Channel PIN: C0044B18D

I'm looking for app reviewers .. if interested please send me your BBID to add to my sandbox

Thanks!
    QtHelex likes this.
    03-19-14 02:33 AM
    Made all the recommendations i received at this post (built a native app instead of ported one, changed the name to MeasureMe, implemented a new UI, the app should be running on all BB10 smartphones, added BBM and new idea of Postcards to share the measurements..and some other new features) and WAITING
    --------
    If you want to check the new app: MeasureMe - BlackBerry World

to read the documentation/help: http://systemsengcenter.com/measureme-app.html

I've also created BBM channel for the app to share postcards... Channel PIN: C0044B18D

I'm looking for app reviewers .. if interested please send me your BBID to add to my sandbox

Thanks!

Sounds good, good luck with this.
    Mohamed Abdelsalam likes this.
    03-19-14 04:48 AM
    If you want to test/review the app please drop or PM your BBID to add to my sandbox..Thanks!
    Sounds good, good luck with this.
    03-19-14 05:28 AM
    Great work making it native, I have huge respect that you took everything on board. I will buy this later in the week mainly to support your efforts. Well done and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:47 AM
    I bought it. Will play with it throughout the week.

First thought is an update on the splash screen. Looks funny/distorted on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 02:29 PM
    I'll check the Splash for Z30 ..waiting for your feedback ..Thank you
    I bought it. Will play with it throughout the week.

First thought is an update on the splash screen. Looks funny/distorted on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:34 PM
    As a developer myself, I would recommend to choose very carefully the app icon, the app name, the description and the screenshots. All the things I hate to do as a developer...

Not sure if you are like me but when I'm developing an app, the most important for me is to make it work. But, for the customers it's normal, your app have to work and no one cares about how hard it is for the app developer to achieve what your app is supposed to do.

The most important is in the details, everything has to be perfect. To succeed, your app needs to be easy to use, easy to understand, fun to use, have great graphics,...

But most of the time, it's not enough. Your app needs to be discovered and the two methods are : being featured on BlackBerry World (good luck) and being reviewed on CrackBerry.
    And pray for getting five stars reviews (good luck...again).
    And have luck (A LOT).

Well, good luck
    FF22 and Mohamed Abdelsalam like this.
    03-20-14 10:18 AM
    "being reviewed on CrackBerry".. could you help me how to achieve this? Thanks!
    As a developer myself, I would recommend to choose very carefully the app icon, the app name, the description and the screenshots. All the things I hate to do as a developer...

Not sure if you are like me but when I'm developing an app, the most important for me is to make it work. But, for the customers it's normal, your app have to work and no one cares about how hard it is for the app developer to achieve what your app is supposed to do.

The most important is in the details, everything has to be perfect. To succeed, your app needs to be easy to use, easy to understand, fun to use, have great graphics,...

But most of the time, it's not enough. Your app needs to be discovered and the two methods are : being featured on BlackBerry World (good luck) and being reviewed on CrackBerry.
    And pray for getting five stars reviews (good luck...again).
    And have luck (A LOT).

Well, good luck
    03-20-14 01:29 PM
    Just purchased ;-) How are sales going? The app seems to have potential but you still have to work on it imo. It is not as precise as I expect.. Keep up the good work though!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:11 PM
    Thank you for purchasing the app ..I'll continue work on it (and on new coming apps).. i'm eager to know about any problem in the app.

about the sales, here are my sales since publishing MeasureMe app My App Sales Number is Zero-untitled.png

idon't know what is the expect sales average for typical apps but i think it is a good start

Just purchased ;-) How are sales going? The app seems to have potential but you still have to work on it imo. It is not as precise as I expect.. Keep up the good work though!

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    03-20-14 06:12 PM
    Remember, it is a somewhat specialized app and not one of the mainstream apps people seek, like something for youtube or instagram or some other social media. Continued good luck
    03-20-14 09:59 PM
    Yes you are right. I tried to add a "Social Nature" to the app by introducing MeasureMe postcards. The idea is to explore (get figure of) the dimensions around us and share them in somehow easily manner. I feel this could be useful; the human brain can estimates rough values to the dimensions of things around visually but this includes several steps and requires comparisons with known lengths ..add to this also the required steps to share this information. By reducing these steps using this app, I think it could motivates this kind of social activity (exploring the dimensions and sharing them) especially in tourism. I think this could be the right scope of the app (in addition to other functions like using it in get rough estimates for other tasks like interior design, etc.)

I've created BBM channel and FP page to share MeasureMe postcards:

- MeasureMe BBM Channel PIN:
    C0044B18D
    - FP: https://www.facebook.com/measuremeapppostcards?ref=hl

MeasureMe postcard example:

My App Sales Number is Zero-img_20140316_180304.png
    Remember, it is a somewhat specialized app and not one of the mainstream apps people seek, like something for youtube or instagram or some other social media. Continued good luck
    03-21-14 07:58 AM
    One other suggestion - a new thread that does not convey the negative connotations of the early release. That is something a bit more positive.
    03-21-14 04:44 PM
    One other suggestion - a new thread that does not convey the negative connotations of the early release. That is something a bit more positive.
    Yea, do this

Posted via CB10
    Mohamed Abdelsalam likes this.
    03-22-14 04:18 AM
141 ... 456