Musalizer

Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-480-copy.png

Music Player + Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists

Hi friends,

Yesterday another of my apps got approved, check it out !

Since the native music player lacked EQ/Presets and Visualizer, this is my attempt to implement that. Plus I have added the feature of Auto Playlists: It keeps a track of all the songs played and arranges them on filters like: Most played, Played at night, in morning, etc

FEATURES:

• EQUALIZER: Apply equalizer presets (like: Bass Boost etc)
    • AUTO PLAYLISTS: Creates auto playlists based on: Play Counts (Most Played) and Time of Playing (Morning, Night, etc)
    • VISUALIZER: Visualization of the song being played as beautiful patterns (bars, spectrum, etc)
    • Basic organization of Song Library into Albums, Artists, etc
    • Completely native…. No Android Port…

Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-1a.png Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-2.png
    Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-3a.png Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-3.png
    Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-6.png Musalizer: Music Equalizer + Visualization + Auto Playlists-4.png

***This is the first release***
    Right now, I am thinking of adding:
    • More presets for equalizer (Custom Presets ?)…
    • More Visualizations…
    • More Auto Playlists criteria…
    • Playlists (m3u) export/import/support…
    • ID3Tag Management ?..
    • Skins ?..
    • Suggested features….
    (If I get support)

Albert Makhube likes this.
    04-23-14 11:41 PM
    looks like a decent app will there ne a trial version?
    lots of people have been waiting for visualizations,
    thanks for supporting bb10
    Utkarsh likes this.
    04-24-14 12:52 AM
    Good luck with your app.

And for the price - why not be the first on my block. I want to see Bach visualized.

Slow reading my Library? I do have over 1,000 mp3 files.

When I press Equalizer, I get two lines, Bass Boost and Bass Boost x2, but it looks as if there is a partial 3rd line or something?

How do you change the Visualizer patterns? More and Visualize? Or some other way?
    04-24-14 12:58 AM
    Good luck to you.

I appreciate your app. I will be buying it soon.

Please address the low volume and more equaliser preset. Also ability to mark tracks as favorite and have a tab for that as well.

Also bring the UI to flat. Make it more beautiful. As of now its in a way very basic and unattractive.

And active frame support for play/pause next and previous.

At the same time, ability to share what you are listening to on social media.

Also you can think of lock screen support if API is available.

For now I guess that's enough to develop.

(C00387D95) - Happenings in India H.I.I
    Utkarsh likes this.
    04-24-14 01:49 AM
    Also what other apps you are planning to develop or rather bringing them soon?

I have been requesting developers to make social hub, a native for all the feeds from fb, twt, tumblr, LinkedIn and RSS feeds at one place.

So far there is one app called as feedminder that has only twt and rss. No other stuff.

I guess you can also think of it. It's quite in demand and will be very unique to BlackBerry I guess.

04-24-14 01:54 AM
    I have just bought this and it is a great start. I love the circular visualizer, maybe we could have another with different colours for the different sounds.

I don't like how the music stops when you change the equaliser and I didn't really hear much of a difference between the different equalisers.

Great start though.

Posted via CB10
    Utkarsh likes this.
    04-24-14 03:04 AM
    Good luck with your app.

And for the price - why not be the first on my block. I want to see Bach visualized.

Slow reading my Library? I do have over 1,000 mp3 files.

When I press Equalizer, I get two lines, Bass Boost and Bass Boost x2, but it looks as if there is a partial 3rd line or something?

How do you change the Visualizer patterns? More and Visualize? Or some other way?
    There are more presets, are you not able to scroll down the drop down list?

Click visualizer in the action menu to change the visualizer....

I've improved the reading speed in my next release...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:32 AM
    Can we configure our own equalisers?

Also the playing controls and visualizer seem to get stuck when moving back to them from the album area sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:39 AM
    I did miss that the Equalizer choices were a scrolling list. I found them just as I went to bed. As noted, good Start. I think the FIRST colored Visualizer should be moved above the Progress Slider Bar.
    04-24-14 08:24 AM
    I have just bought this and it is a great start. I love the circular visualizer, maybe we could have another with different colours for the different sounds.

I don't like how the music stops when you change the equaliser and I didn't really hear much of a difference between the different equalisers.

Great start though.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I will include more visualizers in the next release, and will add colors to them too....
    The way I have implemented the equalizer makes it impossible to remove that "break" in the song.... that can only be cured if I find some other way to implement it.... will keep looking into it

I had included the "custom" equalizer option using 3-4 sliders, but it needed more computing power, so i removed it. I can leave it to the user to enable it if he wants...

Controls getting stuck ? I never experienced that... which device ?
    Thanks
    04-24-14 10:33 AM
    I did miss that the Equalizer choices were a scrolling list. I found them just as I went to bed. As noted, good Start. I think the FIRST colored Visualizer should be moved above the Progress Slider Bar.
    Ouch, I thought it looked much better originating directly from the actionbar, and animating behind the slider, but if thats what U want, I can include another option with the Viz above the slider. Actually on Q devices, there was not much space left for Viz between the slider and top buttons.... so i did that...
    04-24-14 10:37 AM
    Also what other apps you are planning to develop or rather bringing them soon?

I have been requesting developers to make social hub, a native for all the feeds from fb, twt, tumblr, LinkedIn and RSS feeds at one place.

So far there is one app called as feedminder that has only twt and rss. No other stuff.

I guess you can also think of it. It's quite in demand and will be very unique to BlackBerry I guess.

Yes, I will be improving the UI, any suggestions for the layout ? Or any suggestions for the icon ? I am really BAD when it comes to aesthetics :P

Favorites: I was planning to add that, plus custom playlists too....
    About the hub suggestion, I have thought about making a Hub-Copy sort of app, that can be password protected and can display all those accounts, but I have never worked with web accounts, so I am not the right person to be implementing that. Perhaps it can be my summer project
    04-24-14 10:44 AM
    Yes, I will include more visualizers in the next release, and will add colors to them too....
    The way I have implemented the equalizer makes it impossible to remove that "break" in the song.... that can only be cured if I find some other way to implement it.... will keep looking into it

I had included the "custom" equalizer option using 3-4 sliders, but it needed more computing power, so i removed it. I can leave it to the user to enable it if he wants...

Controls getting stuck ? I never experienced that... which device ?
    Thanks
    I would love the option for custom sliders, options are always good.

I am on a z10 stl100-2

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:05 AM
    Yes, I will be improving the UI, any suggestions for the layout ? Or any suggestions for the icon ? I am really BAD when it comes to aesthetics :P

Favorites: I was planning to add that, plus custom playlists too....
    About the hub suggestion, I have thought about making a Hub-Copy sort of app, that can be password protected and can display all those accounts, but I have never worked with web accounts, so I am not the right person to be implementing that. Perhaps it can be my summer project
    Icon is decent. With respect to UI, make it more flat and less tabbed. Also, add background colors (light) or make it full white background with red keys like it is going to be in 10.3.

I was talking about active frames support for music and hub for a new app to bring all news feed from various accounts at one place.

I guess in the next update, change the UI, try to be minimal and a 2 tone color plus add favourite functionality and also see if the default volume can be more pumped up. I feel Z10 has been intentionally kept limited and last thing, add share to social networking websites. V2 should be good.

Next you can try to have more presets, battery optimised and a couple of more new features such as lock screen support, actions based on swipe rather than buttons, etc.

Actually I seriously want to develop some apps but I am totally non technology guy. Just an MBA so don't know where to start.

If you want I can give you a few ideas and also UI flow. Add me pin:24D344B1.

04-24-14 12:13 PM
    Sure, I will guide you if you are interested... though like you, I too am not a comp sc guy...

Will contact you in a few days when I get some free time...

Posted via CB10
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    04-24-14 01:06 PM
    Does this app have to load in my music each time as I have recently transferred 30gb of music to my sd card and have given up on the app as it is taking forever to load the music, if it caches it I will wait for it to complete?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:40 AM
    Does this app have to load in my music each time as I have recently transferred 30gb of music to my sd card and have given up on the app as it is taking forever to load the music, if it caches it I will wait for it to complete?

Posted via CB10
    It does that only once...
    Plus I am trying to reduce that time in the next update...

Posted via CB10
    bobo616 likes this.
    04-29-14 08:30 AM
    Ok thanks, I will just wait until it completes then.
    04-29-14 01:04 PM
    Hi,
    I have allowed it to load all my music, over 8000 songs but now if I click on a song to play nothing happens?

Also can I suggest you introduce a scroll bar we can drag in the artist and albums areas.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:21 AM
    Hi,
    I have allowed it to load all my music, over 8000 songs but now if I click on a song to play nothing happens?

Also can I suggest you introduce a scroll bar we can drag in the artist and albums areas.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Are you pressing play after selecting the songs ?
    Suggestion accepted

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:52 AM
    Thanks for accepting the suggestion. Unfortunately I am pressing play after I highlight the song but nothing happens.

It seems to play the song if I restart the app.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 05:52 AM
    Thanks for accepting the suggestion. Unfortunately I am pressing play after I highlight the song but nothing happens.

It seems to play the song if I restart the app.

Posted via CB10
    Let me look into that, never happened with me...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 06:18 AM