I tried downloading the FREE movie from BB World today... I had plenty of room on my SD card.

The download was tediously slow (my g/f sitting right next to me downloaded it without a problem), and eventually stopped after about 129MB (out of 1.6GB).

I can't stop it from trying to download... it won't let me start it again (saying I already bought it). And it also seems to have taken up space on my SD card as now it's 99% full (and I can't find it to delete it).

How do I cancel a download from BB World once it starts?

How do I clean up my SD card?

I don't really care about the movie now, but I need my space freed up again.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and suggestions!
    12-07-13 06:05 PM
    In BlackBerry World

Swipe down from the top
    Go to: Settings>General and Refresh BlackBerry World

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-07-13 06:07 PM
    That seems to have helped the situation.. it did stop the initial download... it's starting again.

Thank you!!!!

This place ROCKS!
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-07-13 06:13 PM
    That seems to have helped the situation.. it did stop the initial download... it's starting again.

Thank you!!!!

This place ROCKS!
    Your Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:05 PM
    My movies downloaded to my sdcard. They were in the Video Folder contained within a subfolder called "MOVIES" and then with their own subfolders in there. Remember, they can only be played on the device. Although, I did experiment. You can copy them off to a computer to free up space and then copy them back and they will play. They will not play on the computer.
    12-07-13 07:14 PM
    I wonder if you can transcode the A/V...
    And drop it in a new container...Should work...

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 09:30 PM
    I did notice on the bottom of the movie description there is a notice from rovi, "Upon purchase you may download this content on up to 5 devices until 12/31/2022."
    Does that mean only to the one app world account, should I get a new BB device? Because I don't see how to get the movies to play on any other device. Thanks in advance.
    12-16-13 07:16 PM
    I did notice on the bottom of the movie description there is a notice from rovi, "Upon purchase you may download this content on up to 5 devices until 12/31/2022."
    Does that mean only to the one app world account, should I get a new BB device? Because I don't see how to get the movies to play on any other device. Thanks in advance.
    As far as I know, It's connected to your BBID (Your App World Account). So say if you had a Q5, then swapped your Q5 for a Q10 then you could download it onto your new phone, As long as you log into your old BBID and don't make a new one.

I aslo read somewhere you can't put it onto your PC Because this would mess up the licence..? Not 100% sure about that though..

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:24 PM
    That's what it appears to be. Tied to your BB App World account. On the PB it's very different. The movies are completely separate under rovi with no connection to your BB App World. Oh well, with the on going 99 cent sale they were a steal. Too bad the price wasn't the same on the PB.
    Thanks!
    12-16-13 09:25 PM