If you use it in landscape you get ETA
    Would be nice to be able to email, text or BBM it to someone.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-16-13 05:30 PM
    I can't believe nobody mentioned this, so maybe I'm missing something. I would like to get rid of the navigation triangle, for a car or truck.
    Just saying.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-16-13 08:46 PM
    I just downloaded this app and I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. I would have to say the app name is terrible though. As was already mentioned, something like Mireo Navigation would be much better.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:02 AM
    Let's start a dedicated post to give feedback to the Mireo devs to improve on the great start with this navigation app.

Feature Requests:

1) Announce street names with voice directions, not just "turn left in 500 m"
    2) Integration or ability to choose addresses from contacts/address book
    3) Ability to choose Mireo as default navigation app preference for other apps/websites that use maps
    4) Ability to copy/paste into search/text fields
    5) 3D buildings for North America.
    I emailed Mireo too and this is what I was told (sorry, don't have to email any more).
    1. Street names is a blackberry problem (they say). When blackberry adds compatibility to Nuance (Mireo voice software), spoken street names will come.
    2. Supposed to come in future update. Not sure if waiting for api from blackberry.
    3, 4, 5. Didn't ask about these.

I also asked about ETA in portrait mode. I was told there was no plan to change the UI, so doesn't look likely. I was told the same thing when I asked about the possibility of customizing the navigation screen.

On other thing I would like to know is how often the maps are updated. I know TomTom has had at least 2 map updates since the version I have on Mireo (North America). I hope they don't lag too far behind...
    gunnerfitzy likes this.
    06-21-13 05:51 PM
    Not sure if this is an appropriate place to add a quick note about my customer support experience with Mireo (mods - please feel free to move as you see fit), but I have to say I was very impressed. I sent off a query via email yesterday (Sunday pm), very polite response received Mon am that resolved my problem straight away.
    bbquincar and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-24-13 10:56 AM
    Not sure if this is an appropriate place to add a quick note about my customer support experience with Mireo (mods - please feel free to move as you see fit), but I have to say I was very impressed. I sent off a query via email yesterday (Sunday pm), very polite response received Mon am that resolved my problem straight away.
    This has been my experience as well. These guys are top notch and certainly have my full support. Now if they would just change that silly a** name.......
    npisano likes this.
    06-24-13 11:10 AM
    Agree with the last few post today top notch customer service.

Id like to be able to cut and paste as well as edit the search field instead of having to delete all and start all over again.
    06-24-13 03:31 PM
    Having been using the IOS Tom Tom app since iPhone 3G up to the 5 I have to say the layout of the Mireo application is beautiful. The colors, streets, variety of layouts in map mode is awesome and is much better than the tom tom ios app. I travel every week and cover half the US from the Mississippi river east so traffic and route avoidance is big for me. One think i like on the tom tom app is its ability to use data from others running the same app and update the traffic conditions. Its a little hard to follow a highway path and show traffic in green , yellow and red on tom tom but the route avoidance request " the traffic delay on your route is now 40 minutes, i have found a route that will reduce this delay to 12 minutes" for instance. That is one feature I would love to see. Also, when you have changed the map layout to show the traffic points i would love to see color changes to indicate traffic flow. My other suggestions were already stated in replies above.
    An excellant product and excellant customer support!!
    06-25-13 10:00 PM
    BTW, I think the name is fitting. Don t Panic, we'll get you there!!
    06-25-13 10:02 PM
    Setting to REDUCE update rate.

The battery consumption is outrageous -- yes, the app is beautiful, but god help you if you don't have a high-power USB connection available. It's using roughly DOUBLE the power of the native BlackBerry mapping application at present.

That's my biggest complaint, along with needing SD card storage for the maps.

In addition the search should be able to be put into a global mode and not require you first select a state.
    06-26-13 10:20 AM
    I've berated the OS10 BB maps because its regressed from OS6. Biggest complaints are it wouldn't work offline and I couldn't transfer my favorite places. I live in Alaska and have OS6 favorites marked off road and on salt water. When I did the Mireo trial, I noticed you can search places by coordinates. Voil�! Look up the coordinates on my OS6 favorite. Punch into Mireo search; save it; name it; and now I have that neat camping spot I haven't been to in years. Last place I caught a big halibut. Problem solved. I'm a Mireo fan boy now. Good job to them and thanks for starting this thread JS.
    06-26-13 12:51 PM
    Addition to the list: Topo map feature.
    06-26-13 12:55 PM
    New update, Mireo 4.7.3.0 now stores maps on SD card. Thats a big plus!
    07-04-13 11:22 AM
    Yeah, but can we copy existing purchased maps to SD card?

Posted via CB10 from BB Q10
    07-04-13 11:41 AM
    Yeah, but can we copy existing purchased maps to SD card?

Yes. Go to recover content in the settings.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-04-13 11:50 AM
    Yes. Go to recover content in the settings.

Via Zeppelin 10
    Cool! Thanks!

07-04-13 11:52 AM
    I installed 4.7.3 last night, along with the trial maps for N America.

seems they're being stored on my phone, rather than the SD card. I've tried recover content but nothing happens.

do I have to purchase the map in order for it to transfer to the SD card or something?
    07-05-13 10:07 AM
    I installed 4.7.3 last night, along with the trial maps for N America.

seems they're being stored on my phone, rather than the SD card. I've tried recover content but nothing happens.

do I have to purchase the map in order for it to transfer to the SD card or something?
    If you are just trying the trial maps, you probably can't store those on the SD card.

Via Zeppelin 10
    anon(4233493) likes this.
    07-05-13 11:48 AM
    thanks

ok final question, if I buy the map, I assume the trial will be deleted from the phone's storage?

liking the interface, spoken street names will be a bonus. the volume is a bit quiet though.
    07-05-13 01:24 PM
    thanks

ok final question, if I buy the map, I assume the trial will be deleted from the phone's storage?
    liking the interface, spoken street names will be a bonus. the volume is a bit quiet though.
    I would wait until BB approves the new update Boris reported on this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...69/index7.html

Trial is good for 7 days. Enjoy.
    07-05-13 01:41 PM
    So if I have no Cellular Connection at all, the offline maps will still provide full navigation?

For example, if I've disabled mobile because I'm out of country or have no Service at all everything will still work perfectly?
    07-05-13 07:58 PM
    So if I have no Cellular Connection at all, the offline maps will still provide full navigation?

For example, if I've disabled mobile because I'm out of country or have no Service at all everything will still work perfectly?
    Yes! Mireo only uses GPS. You can put your phone in airplane mode and it won't affect your navigation at all.

Via Zeppelin 10
    07-05-13 08:25 PM
    Yes! Mireo only uses GPS. You can put your phone in airplane mode and it won't affect your navigation at all.

Via Zeppelin 10
    Awesome, thanks!
    07-05-13 08:43 PM
    The Ability to select "WiFi Only" When downloading maps. Would really hate to see anyone download a 2GB map using their data accidentally.
    I got screwed by this with the infinite loop issue. Started the download on wifi and it must have switched over at some point. Got busy doing something else and just left the phone sit there. I started hearing text messages...they were the AT&T data alerts. I'm already 2GB over my limit for the month now lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:24 PM

Via Zeppelin 10
    Autonomous GPS receiver. I'm looking forward to trying this on a commercial flight to track progress. This was my main complaint with BB10 maps. My OS6 9800 could do it just fine.

www.907outdoors.com
    07-05-13 10:41 PM
66 123