MindQuote is a native headless app that enriches your BlackBerry Wallpaper with beautiful and and inspiring image quotes.
    The app randomly selects an image quote from a dedicated server and sets it periodically as wallpaper.

Click to download

Features:
    Easily choose the average periodicity of updating the wallpaper.
    Update is based on lock-state-change events. This means that no unnecessary/power consuming update is done. Only when you unlock your device, update will take place.
    Dedicated and growing Image Quotes server.
    You can save any image quote to your device.
    If you did not like the selected image quote, you can simply press Refresh to get new one
    If you liked it and want to keep one image quote or stop the app for a while, you can select �freeze� option from settings.

App webpage : sysengcenter
    Last edited by Mohamed Abdelsalam; 10-01-15 at 08:33 AM.
    mania626 likes this.
    09-30-15 11:28 AM
    Click to download does not work

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:11 PM
    Click to download does not work

Posted via CB10
    Please could you retry. You can also click on MindQuote at the start of the post. Both links are working with me
    09-30-15 12:26 PM
    Tried to download but not available for my device, region, etc message.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 04:10 AM
    Tried to download but not available for my device, region, etc message.

Posted via CB10
    Your device/region?
    10-01-15 08:03 AM
    Please re-test the links, i found country-specific info in the link and removed it. the link now is directly to app : "https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59976910"
    10-01-15 08:34 AM
    Now it's only unavailable for my device which is a Q10. My carrier hasn't put out the updates so I'm still on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:26 AM
    Yeah, but as I told also in the Power Tools thread ... changing the wallpaper for showing some text is a totally wrong way. This results again and again in the idiotic message from the OS that the wallpaper has been changed. The right way would be a transparent full screen window above the wallpaper but below all other windows. And this window would display the text layer only. This could be useful for much more than quotings, you could especially display Calendar events, received SMS and calls there. I would like to have such an app. But there seems to be not a single one.
    10-03-15 05:00 AM
    This results again and again in the idiotic message from the OS that the wallpaper has been changed.
    Hmm. I have Mohamed's app installed and I haven't seen such a message as yet, and the wallpaper seems to change ok.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-03-15 09:36 AM
    Hmm. I have Mohamed's app installed and I haven't seen such a message as yet, and the wallpaper seems to change ok.
    Which OS? Mine offical 10.3.2.2474 shows this message as well as all other BB10 before whenever the wallpaper changes.
    10-03-15 10:42 AM
    Which OS? Mine offical 10.3.2.2474 shows this message as well as all other BB10 before whenever the wallpaper changes.
    2474. Is the message a dialog that you have to close or a toast? I haven't seen either though.
    10-03-15 11:05 AM
    2474. Is the message a dialog that you have to close or a toast? I haven't seen either though.
    No, it's not to close, it closes itself after one or two seconds. The message appears in a popup window in the middle of the screen. And when the wallpaper change has been while the screen was off it waits until the screen is unlocked. - This has been the case with every wallpaper changer until now.
    10-03-15 11:17 AM
    No, it's not to close, it closes itself after one or two seconds. The message appears in a popup window in the middle of the screen. And when the wallpaper change has been while the screen was off it waits until the screen is unlocked. - This has been the case with every wallpaper changer until now.
    OK, so a toast then. I think the wallpaper changes when the device is unlocked after midnight, so I'll check again tonight and keep my eyes peeled.
    Mohamed Abdelsalam likes this.
    10-03-15 11:45 AM
    OK, so a toast then. I think the wallpaper changes when the device is unlocked after midnight, so I'll check again tonight and keep my eyes peeled.
    At least for 10.3.2.2474 (the one that i tested) and older versions, there is no way to avoid the wallpaper change toast. i tried to set wallpaper on lock event instead of unlock but the popup waits for the next unlock to appear.
    baarn likes this.
    10-03-15 05:34 PM
    OK, well I didn't get a readable toast, but the centre of the screen did flicker.
    Since I did an OTA upgrade to 10.3.2 and have some resulting performance problems, I'll put this behaviour down to the same.
    I was planning on reloading anyway...
    10-03-15 06:06 PM
    At least for 10.3.2.2474 (the one that i tested) and older versions, there is no way to avoid the wallpaper change toast.
    That's why I said it's the wrong way. You need a full size transparent window above the wallpaper showing the text, there's no other way of doing that. (You could even show an animated background this way.) The wallpaper should instead remain a wallpaper. Probably the most difficult problem with such a window would be to transfer all the events to the right receiver because this window itself shouldn't react on anything.
    10-04-15 05:15 AM
    That's why I said it's the wrong way. You need a full size transparent window above the wallpaper showing the text, there's no other way of doing that. (You could even show an animated background this way.) The wallpaper should instead remain a wallpaper. Probably the most difficult problem with such a window would be to transfer all the events to the right receiver because this window itself shouldn't react on anything.
    I don't think BB10 allows for such a window (but maybe that's your point). Even if it did, it wouldn't be available from the headless component, which would mean the app staying running in an active frame. I'd rather have the toast.
    10-04-15 05:34 AM
    Now it's only unavailable for my device which is a Q10. My carrier hasn't put out the updates so I'm still on 10.2.
    You're seriously waiting for a carrier update? Why not do it yourself?
    10-04-15 05:36 AM
    New update

MindQuote App: Enrich your BlackBerry Wallpaper-wp53.png

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:11 AM
    MindQuote App: Enrich your BlackBerry Wallpaper-img_20151120_195152.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:52 PM
    MindQuote App: Enrich your BlackBerry Wallpaper-img_20151203_103004.png

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 12:32 PM