Does anyone knows how to send SMS from PC with BB10 connected? We cannot have the updated version of "Microsoft Your Phone". I'm still using my classic for my business and usually types fast in PC keyboard. I have only one SIM Card for with unlimited Call, SMS, and Data Plan. I tried using another $370 dollar 2-year old android phone (which also have LTE and hotspot) as my main phone but the signal is intermittent when using it as Mobile Hotspot but the blackberry performs better. So I would like to stick to my BB Classic. Just one disadvantage, I cannot send SMS using PC. I have google messages for my other android device and it was so easy to manage SMS.

I already tried using MyphoneExplorer but got unknown error and also other apps but no longer working.

Help anyone?
    08-23-20 09:09 AM
    BlackBerry Blend should still work for what you need to do. Like BB10 itself, Blend is EOL but there are still folks around here who use it successfully.

Posted via CB10
    johnb_xp likes this.
    08-23-20 09:25 AM
    Blend also only stays connected to the phone as long as it's on the same LAN (same Wi-Fi network as the PC is attached to.)

Once the phone goes off the network and is on cellular, they don't talk anymore until it's back on network.

If you can work around that, then Blend is the best option.
    08-23-20 12:02 PM
    ^^^^^^^This - Blend works fine as long as you are on the same LAN. Used to work on a cell network but somewhere along the way that function was broken and of course never fixed. Pity.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-23-20 02:19 PM
    I think outlook and gmail can connect to this API.

https://www.twilio.com/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 08-24-20 at 08:33 PM.
    08-23-20 10:52 PM
    Maybe give 'Outlook' a try. It works well 'with' google, I prefer to configure that mailbox with my blackberry but I get mail from both.

Posted via CB10
    Outlook doesn't give the OP SMS on a PC capabilty.
    08-24-20 09:11 AM
    Does anyone knows how to send SMS from PC with BB10 connected? We cannot have the updated version of "Microsoft Your Phone". I'm still using my classic for my business and usually types fast in PC keyboard. I have only one SIM Card for with unlimited Call, SMS, and Data Plan. I tried using another $370 dollar 2-year old android phone (which also have LTE and hotspot) as my main phone but the signal is intermittent when using it as Mobile Hotspot but the blackberry performs better. So I would like to stick to my BB Classic. Just one disadvantage, I cannot send SMS using PC. I have google messages for my other android device and it was so easy to manage SMS.

I already tried using MyphoneExplorer but got unknown error and also other apps but no longer working.

Help anyone?
    Could see if your carrier offers an option.... I know Verizon does.
    08-24-20 10:14 AM
    You can also use Blend over USB if you have network issues.

Funny to see this since Blend came first.
    08-24-20 10:27 AM
    Oh my bad. Microsoft Your Phone is the Alternative of Blackberry Blend. Not the other way around. Yes it is still working. I just haven't used it before.
    08-26-20 05:15 AM
    Oh my bad. Microsoft Your Phone is the Alternative of Blackberry Blend. Not the other way around. Yes it is still working. I just haven't used it before.
    For the Classic, it's really the only option. Glad it's still working for you.
    08-26-20 06:33 AM