I just thought that this was interesting, given that one of the chief complaints about BB10 is the lack of available apps.
    Clearly, when you developer a new operating system, it takes a while to develop a full range of good solid apps. The
    same is true of Windows 8.
    My point is that if BlackBerry hangs in there another year, and manages to start gaining customers, even if slowly, the app
    situation will get taken care of in time.

Microsoft: Windows Phone missing apps will all be here by end of 2014 | BGR
    11-21-13 08:15 AM
    Wish BlackBerry Could do the same .simply hate windows OS
    11-21-13 09:03 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry had the money to throw at this all like MS do.

I actually really like MS. I was going to get the 925 but got the Z10 instead. I'm happy with my choice. I feel that the Z10 has more character for me.

If I had the cash, I would get one anyway. :-)
    11-21-13 09:15 AM
    Wish BlackBerry Could do the same .simply hate windows OS
    Come on, WP is not that bad. It has a lot of good qualities to it and is distinctive in its own way. I don't like it much personally, but I can't say I hate it.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-21-13 12:36 PM
    Yeah well that was just anger towatds blackberry's lack of apps. I dont use them much but other people do

Via theZed10
    11-21-13 11:36 PM
    I actually like WP8 quite a lot. It's different from BB10, but they both have their good parts.

WP8 is picking up stream app-wise.
    11-22-13 12:01 AM
    Declaring something like this could lead to pressure on MS to pay off every developer of the next hot app... lest people will say they failed.
    11-22-13 12:12 AM
    So the apps come with time? Is 1% marketshare enough for most developers to bother with?

Did Apple and Google agree to a moratorium on new apps to keep their end of the app gap from moving forward?
    11-22-13 12:19 AM
    BlackBerry needs to prove it can sustain itself. Judging by this 10.2.1 leak the app gap will be bridged quickly on BB10. They need to kill the negative rhetoric. Maybe they should come out and say what they are planning as well. Maybe not give a timeline or anything but just give everyone some insight into what they are actually doing. Right now people still think they are for sale or closing their doors.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    11-22-13 12:19 AM
    Declaring something like this could lead to pressure on MS to pay off every developer of the next hot app... lest people will say they failed.

dude.... Microsoft Has the resources to get the apps on their platform

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    11-22-13 12:29 AM
    The problem is that BB needs to shake if their image problem. They have the worst reputation in the tech industry.
    11-22-13 12:31 AM
    I was quite supportive of it, and convinced my sister to get wp bur she hated it soo much she is always threatening to throw it.

There are just some random things that are just unnecessary.

For my sister is 20+, somehow the phone decided that she is too young to purchase from the app store and she had to create another account to be the parent to authorise her account... just lame.

And how it is actually impossible to disable the vibrate function when you press the back button.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:56 AM
    I was quite supportive of it, and convinced my sister to get wp bur she hated it soo much she is always threatening to throw it.

There are just some random things that are just unnecessary.

For my sister is 20+, somehow the phone decided that she is too young to purchase from the app store and she had to create another account to be the parent to authorise her account... just lame.

And how it is actually impossible to disable the vibrate function when you press the back button.

Posted via CB10

you can stop vibrations but that is a Samsung only thing on WP

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    11-22-13 01:01 AM
    At the very least, we get to see a case study with regards to building an app ecosystem. Native versus Runtime?
    11-22-13 04:33 AM
    The recent news that the BB ecosystem will gain access to some Android apps via the latest software leak (eventually to evolve into an official software build rolled out to users and carriers) may have triggered a response at the MS think tank. If and only if BB uses this new open runtime to afford developers easy porting of Android apps, it can make a huge difference in the BB app gap. In addition, if BB can find a way to make it easy for users to install android apps without rummaging through the internet search engines to install apps, then the landscape will look very different. BlackBerry World hosting selected apk files directly may be a quick and dirty and will probably never happen in my lifetime, but hey, never say never. BB may strike a deal with Amazon and officially host their app store application in BB World, to make it so easy to gain access. That may also never happen in my lifetime, but hey, stranger things happened before.
    Last edited by mikr009876; 11-22-13 at 05:29 AM.
    11-22-13 05:04 AM
    What choice do they really have? You have to break the Chicken-Egg cycle somehow.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:24 AM